Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    The grit only works down to a certain temperature and with it going to get even colder people should seriously consider staying home. If you have to go out stay safe.
  • Options
    Snow day number two already confirmed for this guy!
  • Options
    I was intending to drive back to London on Thursday but am having to do the journey tomorrow afternoon because of the dreadful forecast on Thursday. I’m not expecting too much agro on the M5 and M4 but am worried about the Kent stretch of the M25 early evening. Decided against the A303 which is my route of choice because of the stretches of single lane and hills. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it.
  • Options

Finally settling in Charlton now.

Pop in the Bugle Stu and see if my hat and scarf are in there !!
    Did you seriously lose them Saturday? you was wearing them When you left i thought.
    @Charlton_Stu yeah they never made it home mate. Just grateful that i did to be honest as I don’t remember leaving the pub!
    If i pop in there over the weekend i'll ask if it's been handed over.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I was intending to drive back to London on Thursday but am having to do the journey tomorrow afternoon because of the dreadful forecast on Thursday. I’m not expecting too much agro on the M5 and M4 but am worried about the Kent stretch of the M25 early evening. Decided against the A303 which is my route of choice because of the stretches of single lane and hills. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

My best estimate is you'll be ok. Snow is forecast for Greater London around 1am this morning (in 3 hours) and light snow is then expected until 6am. So I'm expecting it to not be good in the morning.
    However, no snow is forecast tomorrow, so motorways and main roads should be reasonable tomorrow evening, before we get more snow on Thursday & Friday. Take care.
  • Options

My best estimate is you'll be ok. Snow is forecast for Greater London around 1am this morning (in 3 hours) and light snow is then expected until 6am. So I'm expecting it to not be good in the morning.
    However, no snow is forecast tomorrow, so motorways and main roads should be reasonable tomorrow evening, before we get more snow on Thursday & Friday. Take care.
    Cheers. Much appreciated

• Options
    Carter said:

Dipped the tape measure in the snow on my drive and got an impressive 8.5 inches.

Not worth risking the no claims driving round the Medway towns you ask me, main roads around me were all covered as was I on my stroll to the off licence for alcohol. It is incredibly quiet apart from the occasional skidmark burning their clutch out sidewinding up my road

I'm in Chatham. My road is a hill. Quite a few bellends have tried to drive it. Two such specimens have managed to hit parked cars and a third managed to mount the pavement and hit someone's front wall. Just not worth going out. Some people really are stupid.
  • Options

Carter said:

Dipped the tape measure in the snow on my drive and got an impressive 8.5 inches.

Not worth risking the no claims driving round the Medway towns you ask me, main roads around me were all covered as was I on my stroll to the off licence for alcohol. It is incredibly quiet apart from the occasional skidmark burning their clutch out sidewinding up my road

I'm in Chatham. My road is a hill. Quite a few bellends have tried to drive it. Two such specimens have managed to hit parked cars and a third managed to mount the pavement and hit someone's front wall. Just not worth going out. Some people really are stupid.
    You are determined to give me clues as to where you live! I've already gone for The Ridgeway (hill) but Wilson Avenue is a gradual camber more than a hill so that's out

I'm only messing with you by the way, my wife walked back from dockside to where we live near Lordswood football ground to not risk her motor. She's actually not a bad driver in snow, neither am I, problem is a lot of Medway are not! One of my mates sent me a video of a car slamming into someone else on waterworks hill because they spun the shit out of the wheels in first but would have glided up if they have gone into 2nd gear and took it easy. Twat!

Work have tried to get me out doing site visits tomorrow, told them to deliver one of the landrovers to me and I'll be there.
  • Options

Carter said:

Its not the girlfriend out driving canters?
  • Options
    Coming down heavy in Maidstone again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mr Tatters is due to make a rare visit to his old Mum on Thursday. She lives in Tayport so he needs to get to Kings Cross then train to Dundee. Im looking forward to a weekend of peace. How likely is this? I can't drive him to London but could get a cab.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

You are determined to give me clues as to where you live! I've already gone for The Ridgeway (hill) but Wilson Avenue is a gradual camber more than a hill so that's out

I'm only messing with you by the way, my wife walked back from dockside to where we live near Lordswood football ground to not risk her motor. She's actually not a bad driver in snow, neither am I, problem is a lot of Medway are not! One of my mates sent me a video of a car slamming into someone else on waterworks hill because they spun the shit out of the wheels in first but would have glided up if they have gone into 2nd gear and took it easy. Twat!

Work have tried to get me out doing site visits tomorrow, told them to deliver one of the landrovers to me and I'll be there.
    Haha I know.. maybe there will be more clues tomorrow.

You really aren't very far off!
  • Options

Mr Tatters is due to make a rare visit to his old Mum on Thursday. She lives in Tayport so he needs to get to Kings Cross then train to Dundee. Im looking forward to a weekend of peace. How likely is this? I can't drive him to London but could get a cab.

Snowing now and not due to stop until Sunday evening. It sounds like a great idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2650752
  • Options

Snowing now and not due to stop until Sunday evening. It sounds like a great idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2650752
    Great idea for Mr Tatters or me?
  • Options
    Steady snow throughout most of this evening in Rainham Kent.

The earlier lot has frozen underneath it which doesn't help.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Steady snow throughout most of this evening in Rainham Kent.

The earlier lot has frozen underneath it which doesn't help.

Medway is a genuine mess with this snow mate, one thing I like though. depending on what way the wind is blowing I can sometimes hear the M2. Absolute silence tonight
  • Options
    Nothing Romford way
  • Options
    Started in welling and meant to be going heavy for the next hour at least.
  • Options
    More snow overnight here in Eltham. Although I have driven in snow before, (3 times) I have never driven when it has settled and very icy next day. As I am on a 8-4 shift I am going to leave by 5.30am. I don't care that I arrive early. It will be more experience and driving on the ice without any other drivers around me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good covering in Bromley. WFH day for me.
  • Options
    Another couple of inches overnight in Maidstone.

Thank heavens for the Land Rover as I have to be at Hospital for 08.30am. Got to clear the frigging gates again though.
  • Options
    Loads of snow round my way, all the schools are closed

Currently on a very very slow train into London, bloody month end...

• Options
    Has golfie give up his day job yet
  • Options
    My outside thermometer saying it is -10C in Maidstone. Not snowing at the moment just clear sky.
  • Options
    Sidcup under cover and my son's school (Chis & Sid) is closed for the day. Wouldn't have happened in my day1
  • Options
    Dartford under cover. No cars moving outside my house. No busses according to an employee of my wife’s who has just baled for the day. North Kent College closed. Working from home. Good luck peeps
  • Options
    Virtually no snow in Chelmsford yesterday, and they cancelled loads of trains in anticipation. Promised full service today and massive snowfall overnight. Mind you, got on a train to London it's direct and loads of seats. Daughter's school shut... My wife can deal with that :)