Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018

Curb_It said:

@valleyaddick What is inside that loving looking out building at the end of your garden? please don't tell me its stuffed full of garden tools.

Looks like it could belong in the Alps.

and

Has anyone else noticed the alarming spread of the Pot Noodle related post right across the entire site???
    Is one of you a marketing agent for them? Because, who ever you are, I have to tell you, quite frankly, that I am beginning to want one.
    Now.
  • Options

#snowmageddon here in Chatham.

Fuck me what part of Chatham do you reside in? I'm in Lordswood and just measured 6 inches of snow with the tape that looks like more than is here
  • Options

Curb_It said:

@valleyaddick What is inside that loving looking out building at the end of your garden? please don't tell me its stuffed full of garden tools.

Looks like it could belong in the Alps.

No tools! Just a few kitchen units and utensils for the pizza oven (on the left) and a wall of charlton shirts
    What about a bar?
  • Options
    Coming down big time in Kidbrooke now
  • Options
    How many people have you got renting in your back garden @cantersaddick
  • Options
    Carter said:

Fuck me what part of Chatham do you reside in? I'm in Lordswood and just measured 6 inches of snow with the tape that looks like more than is here
    On the Rochester boarder but not too far from Chatham Town football club. That sort of area.

We had 6 inches a few hours ago but it's been coming down hard since about half 9. Reckon we have had another 2 inches+ in the last 2 hours. Easing off now.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

How many people have you got renting in your back garden @cantersaddick

None. That's where I'm putting the parents when they retire. :)

Conservatory, tool shed and games room shed complete with snooker and table tennis! :p
  • Options
    Finally settling in Charlton now.
  • Options

Carter said:

On the Rochester boarder but not too far from Chatham Town football club. That sort of area.

We had 6 inches a few hours ago but it's been coming down hard since about half 9. Reckon we have had another 2 inches+ in the last 2 hours. Easing off now.
    My old stomping ground, in fact it's still my stomping ground. I'm guessing Ridgeway or Wilson Avenue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I last checked, looked as though there was going to be a good few inches.

But now I've finished having a cold shower, it was nowhere near that.
  • Options
    Snow never settles during the day in this part of the world. Ground temperature is too high after about 7 o clock in the morning.
    Factoid!
  • Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

My old stomping ground, in fact it's still my stomping ground. I'm guessing Ridgeway or Wilson Avenue
    Pretty close. I'm not telling you exactly where though I've probably pissed you off in the past! :p
  • Options
    Mr F stating there's around 6-8 inches here in Wadhurst but he always had the tendency to exaggerate.....

Almost a white out here now. There's never a St Bernard around when you need one !

Seriously, folks, please don't forget our feathered friends out there.

We'll be making our concoction of porridge oats, lard, raisins & pumpkin seeds later. It usually disappears within an hour !
  • Options

Mr F stating there's around 6-8 inches here in Wadhurst but he always had the tendency to exaggerate.....

Almost a white out here now. There's never a St Bernard around when you need one !

We'll be making our concoction of porridge oats, lard, raisins & pumpkin seeds later. It usually disappears within an hour !

I want to like and lol this.
  • Options
    Snowing on and off all morning in Rochdale. Woke up to a complete whiteout - but the roads were all pretty clear (apart from the M61, which is always a slag in the mornings anyway). Only ten minutes late for work. Generally, the North deals better with snow simply because it happens every year up here.
  • Options
    And because you have about half the traffic we have.
  • Options

London & Kent won't get much, if any snow next week. Weather patterns mean it will drift northwards once hitting the East Coast.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Maidstone this morning!

that's great - it's hiding all the rubbish strewn across the streets!
    Says the man from Greenwich.

You don't realise the first World problems we have down here in Maidstone. Just spent the last ten minutes shifting the snow so my electric gates can open.
    I'm Chislehurst nowadays. SE10 was many many years ago :)
  • Options

Pop in the Bugle Stu and see if my hat and scarf are in there !!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Mr F certainly has a strange diet. Can't you just do him some sausages and mash?
    Keeps him chirpy !
  • Options
    Looks like i might be stuck here in East Croydon for the night, possibly a few nights. Everyone has gone in panic mode here, would rather not stay in a hotel but hey ho if they are paying. Could be a dull evening unless i can encourage a couple of the others to go spoons :)
  • Options

Ah...that would be your Great Tits I assume?
  • Options

Ah...that would be your Great Tits I assume?
    Indeed, SA.

".......tits, Fanny & Charlton..."
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Snowing again here in Borough Green & a lot heavier than earlier. I was supposed to be going to Maidstone for an Investment Lunch hosted by (ironically) Invesco Perpetual (their logo shows Mount Everest). love their quarterly updates on stockmarkets etc but think I may have to give it a miss today.

How ironic! The man who said it wouldn't snow now has to cancel a lunch due to....Snow!
    I know, although I didn't say it wouldn't snow I just said that it isn't Armageddon & not like parts of the USA had a month ago.

Saying that, my kids school as now shut & have turfed them all out. No school busses running though & so they have had to get a train home. I hope the Sevenoaks line is working otherwise I will be going out after all !!!
  • Options

London & Kent won't get much, if any snow next week. Weather patterns mean it will drift northwards once hitting the East Coast.

Oh dear - put me in the drawer with Michael Fish ! lol. Although around 9am this morning a few posts on here saying that Bexley & Welling hadn't been affected, so I might have been a bit right (stopped clock and all that)
  • Options

That you Roland?

Knew you'd come round.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Snowing again here in Borough Green & a lot heavier than earlier. I was supposed to be going to Maidstone for an Investment Lunch hosted by (ironically) Invesco Perpetual (their logo shows Mount Everest). love their quarterly updates on stockmarkets etc but think I may have to give it a miss today.

How ironic! The man who said it wouldn't snow now has to cancel a lunch due to....Snow!
    I know, although I didn't say it wouldn't snow I just said that it isn't Armageddon & not like parts of the USA had a month ago.

Saying that, my kids school as now shut & have turfed them all out. No school busses running though & so they have had to get a train home. I hope the Sevenoaks line is working otherwise I will be going out after all !!!
    keep me updated, i live in Sevenoaks and just relying on updates from around Sevenoaks whether to bother going home or just stay here.