Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Completely clear in Welling.
  • Options
    No snow in Gloucester :smile:
  • Options

No snow in Dartford, however the school my wife works at in Longfield is closed !!!

Honestly, this country is a joke

Snow in Farningham so fairly certain Longfield would also have some. No way I would drive in this. I've not heard anyone drive past our house yet.
  • Options
    Charlton clear so far. Was milder getting back after the quiz last night than going out at midday.
  • Options

No snow in Dartford, however the school my wife works at in Longfield is closed !!!

Snow in Farningham so fairly certain Longfield would also have some. No way I would drive in this. I've not heard anyone drive past our house yet.
    Blimey - I take it back - Dartford is completely clear yet Farningham is only 5/6 minutes away !!
  • Options
    Thick snow in Eynsford overnight. Our road is usually full of commuters' cars by 7.00am but very few this morning. -5c here!
  • Options
    Amazing how localised this is. Snowing really heavily here again in Maidstone.

Just got the log burner on, bowl of porridge and enjoying watching the dog frolic about in the whiteout outside.
  • Options
    Proper snow in Chatham coming down real thick, had a good 8 inches overnight

And it snowed as well
  • Options
    Woke up looked at my road and was covered no gritter had been down there, also next road was just as bad. But once i got to the main roads in Sevenoaks i was fine all way to East Croydon, so much panic over nothing so far.

Work called me up yesterday and asked if needed, can i stay in the hotel until Thursday? as its supposed to get worse, fingers crossed dont have to but have brought an overnight bag just incase.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Blimey - I take it back - Dartford is completely clear yet Farningham is only 5/6 minutes away !!
    We've had a few mm near Stone Crossing. Very disappointing though after all these weather warnings.
  • Options
    There is snow but not much at all really on the journey from ore to London via Tunbridge wells ...
  • Options
    Was strange driving down the A2 today.

Left home this morning, around 4/5 inches of snow on the ground and more still coming down.
    Driving past Shorne, Gravesend and so on, fields of snow either side of the A2, then got to Dartford area and not so much as a snowflake.

Brilliant sunshine at work now, bloody cold though.
  • Options
    The beast from the east my arse
  • Options

Woke up looked at my road and was covered no gritter had been down there, also next road was just as bad. But once i got to the main roads in Sevenoaks i was fine all way to East Croydon, so much panic over nothing so far.
    Work called me up yesterday and asked if needed, can i stay in the hotel until Thursday? as its supposed to get worse, fingers crossed dont have to but have brought an overnight bag just incase.

Same thing for me in gravesend. My road looks like a Christmas card. Got round the corner onto a main road & there was absolutely nothing.

All the schools around here are closed though. We really are a soft nation when it comes to snow!

• Options
    edited February 2018
    It's really not that bad, I chose to walk in today.

It's about 3 miles
  • Options
    Not a flake in Bexley, clear blue sky.

Long may it continue.

During the Big Freeze of '63 (Boxing Day 1962 through to early March), I did my paper round every morning, went to school each day, the buses ran as did the trains. The milk and coal got through as well.

We've become a bunch of softies, health and safety my ****!
  • Options
    About an inch of snow in my part of Cheshire but still falling. Another work from home day.
  • Options
    Sex wee by the weather obsessed Daily Express. Living high up in the Surrey hills I need to brave the elements: so I'm going outside, I may be sometime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As my wife said to me when she opened the bedroom curtains this morning, 'what happened to that 8 inches you promised me last night...?'
  • Options

Sex wee by the weather obsessed Daily Express. Living high up in the Surrey hills I need to brave the elements: so I'm going outside, I may be sometime.

Ha ha. Yeah that headline making fella from the Express is probably laying in his garden knocking one out with his mittens on!
  • Options
    Just started here!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    We've had sufficient snow to cover roads and pavements so they all blend into one. In other words no kerbs (or Curbs).

Still coming down steadily. This is Rainham Kent.

For anyone interested I did try to get in yesterday in the end but suffered a sudden engine malfunction on the M2 and could not go faster than 30-40 MPH. A juggernaut nearly drove into my rear! I left at the next available exit and limped to the dealer and left the car there. They still have it....

• Options
    Nowt here in Bedfordshire
  • Options

Maidstone this morning!

that's great - it's hiding all the rubbish strewn across the streets!