Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    What’s it like in Longfield ? I managed to get in to work from home but I would like to make it back home...
  • Options
    Woke up to 6 inches of snow and walked to work, didn't think driving on small country town roads was advisable. Got called out to an old person collapsed at home, then spent over two hours driving 4 miles back to the station as we had to keep getting the cars belonging to idiots out of the snow drift they were stuck in. How is going to get a morning paper so important?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The busiest section of the M6 has 100,00 fewer vehicles per day on it than the busiest section of the M25 and is less busy than NINE separate sections of the M25.

1 M25 J14 - J15 262,800
    2 M1 J7 - J8 197,200
    3 M60 J13 - J12 195,300
    4 M25 J13 - J14 186,900
    5 M25 J12 - J11 185,300
    6 M25 J18 - J19 177,400
    7 M25 J11 - J10 176,000
    8 M25 J16 - J15 174,900
    9 M25 J12 - J13 174,200
    10 M1 J6A - J7 170,400
    11 M60 J16 - J17 166,400
    12 M60 J17 - J18 165,900
    13 M25 J8 - J7 165,600
    14 M25 J17 - J18 164,100
    15 M6 J20 - J21 162,300
    16 M8 J16 - J15 161,800
    17 M6 J21 - J21A 161,700
    18 M56 J4 - J3 160,900
    19 M4 J4B/M25 - J4 159,500
    20 M60 A34 - M60 spur 157,800
    21 M61 J2 - J3 155,600
    22 M60 J14 - J15 155,400
    23 M1 J8 - J9 155,000
    24 M1 J9 - J10 154,600
    25 M6 J30 - J31 154,200

But then we have fewer horses.
  • Options
    Proper snowing now at London Bridge. Cant see the bridge, completely grey outside.
  • Options

Snow never settles during the day in this part of the world. Ground temperature is too high after about 7 o clock in the morning.
    Factoid!

Unfactiod! Proper settled in Eltham now.
  • Options

It's like a party at Paul Merson's house in Canary Wharf.

on the niki lauda
  • Options
    Now settling in Lewisham
  • Options
    Glorious sunshine in Maidstone now. Gritter had been out but other than that the rest of the snow is sticking about ready to be topped up tonight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woke up to a covering of snow. First sight of snow for the youngest child. Sun came out mid morning and most of the snow has melted. It's Sunny up north but grim down south!
  • Options
    nice & sunny in Borough green now & sun is even starting to melt the snow off the car. Roads all look clear now too but Investment lunch in Maidstone was cancelled & so was the speed dating event I was going to go to tonight in West Malling. :neutral:

More snow due on Thursday & Friday but nothing tomorrow - which happens to be my birthday...........
  • Options
    Snow stopped in Bromley & we now have bright sunshine. Snow melting & roads ok.
  • Options
    Left work early to make sure I could get home.
    Bermondsey to Medway 40 minutes. A2 is lovely, empty of both snow and cars.
    However, the final 8-10 minutes home took nearly 50! Local roads are a nightmare.

It's finally stopped snowing but a good 8/9 inches on the ground.
  • Options

nice & sunny in Borough green now & sun is even starting to melt the snow off the car. Roads all look clear now too but Investment lunch in Maidstone was cancelled & so was the speed dating event I was going to go to tonight in West Malling. :neutral:

More snow due on Thursday & Friday but nothing tomorrow - which happens to be my birthday...........

Still at it Golfie! Haven't had stories for a while...?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Somewhat amazingly, got sent home from work during the heavy flurry that started 2:30ish

It’s bright and sunny now. Pavements pretty clear.
  • Options
    I've seen a lot of comments here about over panicking.

On Monday we had an e-mail sent out from head office about the impending bad weather with the sentence "road and driving conditions will be extremely treacherous and there will be SERIOUS ROAD CRASHES".
    Some prediction!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

Was just going to dip my toe back in the water after some time away from the action.............looks like that will have to be delayed for a few weeks now. I have ben seeing someone for a couple of years now but that's for another thread !!
  • Options

Riviera said:

Was just going to dip my toe back in the water after some time away from the action.............looks like that will have to be delayed for a few weeks now. I have ben seeing someone for a couple of years now but that's for another thread !!
    Lol my mate wants me to go again, we went probably a few years ago now pre our exes. Still not sure its for me but might do. We went to Reds in Maidstone on a weeknight, probably not a great one.
  • Options
    Popped into Bluewater on the way home, had to battle with everyone.
  • Options
    ForeverAddickted
    1:56PM
    Goonerhater said:
    like anyone in the North knows where kent is

Was in Cornwall in August... Someone down there didnt know where Kent was!!

Lived in Cornwall for 10 years before coming back to civilisation, true story , my Mrs's
    workmate asked if Kent was in Essex!
  • Options
    1975. I think it was New Year's day. A snow covered Valley. Charlton 4 Colchester 1. One of my favourite ever games. Though of it today watching the snow fall on Greenwich from the other side of the Thames.
  • Options
    Feel like tomorrow is going to be much worse than today, already packed snow on the floor with freezing temperatures and some more snow overnight/in the morning.
  • Options
    All trains were cancelled back to Maidstone on the West line. So drive home (a lift) on the M20 at 5pm and was clearer than Xmas day - deserted.

Belting down again In Maidstone this evening so think I’ll opt for home working rather than the train tomorrow.
  • Options

Finally settling in Charlton now.

Pop in the Bugle Stu and see if my hat and scarf are in there !!
    Did you seriously lose them Saturday? you was wearing them When you left i thought.
    @Charlton_Stu yeah they never made it home mate. Just grateful that i did to be honest as I don’t remember leaving the pub!
  • Options
    Dipped the tape measure in the snow on my drive and got an impressive 8.5 inches.

Not worth risking the no claims driving round the Medway towns you ask me, main roads around me were all covered as was I on my stroll to the off licence for alcohol. It is incredibly quiet apart from the occasional skidmark burning their clutch out sidewinding up my road