Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options

Curb_It said:

@valleyaddick What is inside that loving looking out building at the end of your garden? please don't tell me its stuffed full of garden tools.

Looks like it could belong in the Alps.

and

@DaveMehmet was wondering where the socks he had used Lost over the last month had gone.
  • Options

Mr F stating there's around 6-8 inches here in Wadhurst but he always had the tendency to exaggerate.....

Almost a white out here now. There's never a St Bernard around when you need one !

Seriously, folks, please don't forget our feathered friends out there.

We'll be making our concoction of porridge oats, lard, raisins & pumpkin seeds later. It usually disappears within an hour !

Ah...that would be your Great Tits I assume?
    Indeed, SA.

".......tits, Fanny & Charlton..."
    SHOCKING!! Where's @tom- of-SE9, I want report I'm offended by this. I mean, who has Lard" available. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Zero snow in Canary Wharf.
  • Options
    Thick snow in Oxted
  • Options
    starting to regret coming to work now, cancelled all my trains for the next 4 hours...
  • Options
    My neighbour is blind.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

London & Kent won't get much, if any snow next week. Weather patterns mean it will drift northwards once hitting the East Coast.

Oh dear - put me in the drawer with Michael Fish ! lol. Although around 9am this morning a few posts on here saying that Bexley & Welling hadn't been affected, so I might have been a bit right (stopped clock and all that)
    Wait until Thursday & Friday.
    Golfie, you're fired.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Snowing again here in Borough Green & a lot heavier than earlier. I was supposed to be going to Maidstone for an Investment Lunch hosted by (ironically) Invesco Perpetual (their logo shows Mount Everest). love their quarterly updates on stockmarkets etc but think I may have to give it a miss today.

How ironic! The man who said it wouldn't snow now has to cancel a lunch due to....Snow!
    I know, although I didn't say it wouldn't snow I just said that it isn't Armageddon & not like parts of the USA had a month ago.

Saying that, my kids school as now shut & have turfed them all out. No school busses running though & so they have had to get a train home. I hope the Sevenoaks line is working otherwise I will be going out after all !!!
    keep me updated, i live in Sevenoaks and just relying on updates from around Sevenoaks whether to bother going home or just stay here.
    Stay where you are. My daughter's employer panicked at the worst of the snow as did my grandson's school.

Understanding rain/snow radar should be compulsory. The showers are moving away so the roads will be much clearer and safer in a couple of hours !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw first couple of snowflakes on the way to the pub. Stopped now. Sunny though.
  • Options
    Ours has all cleared/melted now and I should really drive into the office.

• Options
    OMG it's started. Will have to stay in the pub. Maybe a lock-in :)
  • Options
    I had to make a decision by 1 so said i'll stay, aided by the fact a couple of others are also staying there. You could probably guess why, random drunk night ahead hopefully with a couple of nice girls.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

And because you have about half the traffic we have.

Really? Seriously? Have you ever been to Manchester? Or driven on the motorway north if Birmingham?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Really? Seriously? Have you ever been to Manchester? Or driven on the motorway north if Birmingham?
    Agreed. The M6 is by far the worst motorway in the country for traffic congestion.
  • Options
    Coming down in Bexley now and starting to settle.
  • Options
    All I want to know is am I gong to get a snow day in south East London? Someone tell me.. I need to plan my hangover accordingly.
  • Options

I had to make a decision by 1 so said i'll stay, aided by the fact a couple of others are also staying there. You could probably guess why, random drunk night ahead hopefully with a couple of nice girls.

Couple of nice girls? In Croydon? Mmm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Addickted said:

Agreed. The M6 is by far the worst motorway in the country for traffic congestion.
    LOL!!!!!!

I'm afraid the M2, M20 and of course the mother of all congested roads the M25 piss all over anywhere else. Just listen to the BBC traffic reports.
  • Options

Finally settling in Charlton now.

Pop in the Bugle Stu and see if my hat and scarf are in there !!
    Did you seriously lose them Saturday? you was wearing them When you left i thought.
  • Options

Not from Croydon, work in croydon ;) haha
  • Options

Not from Croydon, work in croydon ;) haha
    Ha,yeah,was going to say ;)
  • Options
    like anyone in the North knows where kent is
  • Options

Mr F stating there's around 6-8 inches here in Wadhurst but he always had the tendency to exaggerate.....

Almost a white out here now. There's never a St Bernard around when you need one !

Seriously, folks, please don't forget our feathered friends out there.

We'll be making our concoction of porridge oats, lard, raisins & pumpkin seeds later. It usually disappears within an hour !

Birds duly fed to the west of you at 6.30am this morning!
  • Options
    The light snow had cleared in Bromley about 20 mins ago.
    But's it's been tipping down since and it is now settling.
  • Options

Was in Cornwall in August... Someone down there didnt know where Kent was!!
  • Options

Was in Cornwall in August... Someone down there didnt know where Kent was!!
    I thought Oggy knew better...