Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• Bored of Dench already....
  • Frimpong says to Jacko, "Leave it, Yeah!"

And slams the ball in the net.
  • Oggy Red said:

Frimpong says to Jacko, "Leave it, Yeah!"

And slams the ball in the net.

I hope not, as technically that would result in a free kick to the opposition!
  • not a great first impression that comment to O Hara at all
  • OOH EEH OOH AAH AAH, TING TANG, WALLA WALLA FRIMPONG!
  • edited November 2012
    ^^ YES ^^

bit of witch doctor.
  • Plaaayer said:

Maybe we could do his cousin Leathal Bizzles song.

Chris Pow, Pow, Pow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzU5Q4uI3iw&sns=em

Haha
  • Mike said:

not a great first impression that comment to O Hara at all

Yeah agree, would have been nice to have dreamt about keeping him before he departed for wolves.

• i
    Mike said:

not a great first impression that comment to O Hara at all

It's taken you 8 hours to get the hump with him. Slackin Mike!
  • sorry mate standards drop every now and then
  • Sponsored links:

• this is all very good but what number shirt will he wear ?
  • edited November 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxJ1ulN6gqc

Soft with the ladies, hard with the men.
  • From Arsenal Latest webiste :

Arsenal 'star' (I'll explain why I say that later) Emmanuel Frimpong has joined recently-promoted Championship side Charlton Athletic on loan until January 1st.

This comes after he was linked with a return move to Wolves, where he was on loan last season, as well as Ipswich Town, currently under the management of former Wolves boss Mick McCarthy.

Frimpong, it's safe to say, hasn't exactly made waves at Arsenal, at least on the pitch. Part of the side that won the FA Youth Cup, containing Jack Wilshere and Francis Coquelin to name a couple, Frimpong is best described as a poor relation of Wilshere, a midfield terrier with less creativity and a penchant for awful tackles.

Off the pitch he's a cult hero because of his friendship with rapper Lethal Bizzle, his 'Dench' tagline and clothing range, and series of "hilarious" twitter cock-ups, such as referring to Spurs fans as Yids and receiving a fine, or just generally tweeting bizarre nonsense.

He made a few appearances last season, including a few in the league, but was restricted and went out on loan. His performances this season, such as against Reading, haven't exactly been stellar, though he's recovering from an injury. There were reports Arsenal were looking to offload him, but Frimpong is at least a loyal Gooner who never wants to leave the club. This loan to Charlton is somewhat his last chance.

Having been loaned to a PL team last season, being loaned to a lower-mid-table Championship side says a lot about Frimpong's stock right now, though it may be hoped their renaissance and general attitude will help him focus.

For a player who wants to be a first-teamer at Arsenal, he needs to walk straight into the Charlton team and make himself almost undroppable, otherwise it may spell the end of any meaningful contribution he can make to Arsenal.

Which would be a shame, as he's highly rated by the coaching staff and did graduate Hale End along with the likes of Wilshere, so there is talent there. The worry is that he's already wasted it.
  • Arsenal fans talk the most shite out of all football fans.

I'll take anything they say with a pinch of salt.
  • I don't think he's ever going to be a regular first teamer at Arsenal. If he was then he would be in and around the first team every week as Wenger likes to blood them in young.
  • Arsenal fans talk the most shite out of all football fans.

I'll take anything they say with a pinch of salt.

Mate, they said the same about how song was shit, worse midfielder ever to play for them, was only good for kicking people etc.

The pass he played to Luke young at watford away was and still is once of the best bits of football I've seen with the naked eye.

They were crying blue murder when he left for Barcelona in the summer

This joker I doubt goes and is basing his opinion on a very over enthusiastic lunge at Lucas last season
  • Frimpong, Frimpong, Frimpong, Frimpong
    Frimpong, iddle I po
    Frimpong, Frimpong, Frimpong
    iddle I po, iddle I po!
  • Looking forward to watching him in a Charlton shirt over the next 9 games. Maybe he can give us something in the midfield department, which we have been lacking at this level all season.

Good opportunity as well, to get his cousin, “Lethal Bizzle” to do a rendition of “Valley Floyd Road” at half time this Saturday. Maybe he we can get his relative Judi Dench to do the half time Jackpot draw as well!
  • "a loyal Gooner" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    send him back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great we have another central midfielder to go with Stephens, JJ, Pritchard, Dervite, Jonsson, so which two do you play in the middle or do we go three in the middle in which case who do you play up front and what do you do with the displaced striker.

An interesting conundrum for CP to solve.
  • "a loyal Gooner" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    send him back.

Lol

• Wasn't the reason Hollands went out on loan that we had so many players in that position?
  • Exciting that we've signed an Arsenal player. But I dont like all the hype and stuff that comes with him. I would understand his cult status more if he had actually done something of note rather than just be Lethal Bizzle's (who?) cousin.
  • edited November 2012
    "Thanks for buying the T-shirts... and all you haters...'man, Frimpong is the worst player in the league', leave it! 'Man's only twenty... 'Man is... you know.. 'Man is... do you know the cling cling. So stop hating."

Right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh0K10qX7sw
  • lol he's crazy

......leave it
  • as long as he does the business on the pitch then he can talk like a bell-end as much as he wants.

Its not often we see 'characters' at the valley.

the kids obviously got talent. lets hope we see some of it.
  • as long as he does the business on the pitch then he can talk like a bell-end as much as he wants.

'leave it'
  • Helluva lot of pressure on the lad already.
    Doesn't bode well.
  • Loco said:

Wasn't the reason Hollands went out on loan that we had so many players in that position?

No, hollands isnt good enough