Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• Just spoke to the partner at my office. Arsenal fan.

He loves him. Said his passionate. Moves about the pitch very quick. Gives it his all. Can pass. Said his similar to song. Just as good when he has a bit of freedom on the pitch than he is when in a defensive mid position.

Can't wait to see someone get Frimponged
  • Got a pretty bad eye injury at Wolves remember?
  • edited November 2012
    I'm more concerned with the state of that CAFC badge behind him.
    General upkeep of the training ground and valley has hit an all time low.

Bought a DENCH sandwich for lunch.
    LEAVEEEE IT
  • eldavide said:

Got a pretty bad eye injury at Wolves remember?

The ball looks nowhere near that guys boot.

• 5 minute interview with him now on Player. Clearly sees the loan as a way to get fit before returning to the arse!
  • 5 minute interview with him now on Player. Clearly sees the loan as a way to get fit before returning to the arse!

Good as he will be commited whilst here and we don't want a player who has given up the fight for the highest level and just seeing us a career step down, i hope he learns to love this club under Chrissy and it makes him wanna stay.

• Haven't got player so will have to wait for the article on the website.

Has he clearly stated that? I just hope we aren't getting him fit for him to go and join wolves in january
  • edited November 2012
    This is what he tweeted last night:

Every player needs the chance to shine no matter who you are. Never give up your chance will come.#workhardovereverything
    -------------------------

He wants to make an impression with Wenger and doing well here he hopes will do that. I can only see that as a good thing for us.

Altho wait till we win at Millwall, he wont wanna leave us after that.
  • This is what he tweeted last night:

Every player needs the chance to shine no matter who you are. Never give up your chance will come.#workhardovereverything
    -------------------------

He wants to make an impression with Wenger and doing well here he hopes will do that. I can only see that as a good thing for us.

Altho wait till we win at Millwall, he wont wanna leave us after that.

specially if he gets the winner!

and the problem with that is ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting that several reports have mentioned that this loan was with a view to a permanent move in January. Seems the vibes from Frimpong would scupper this but still odd all the same.
  • Interesting that several reports have mentioned that this loan was with a view to a permanent move in January. Seems the vibes from Frimpong would scupper this but still odd all the same.

Maybe Wenger needs to be dropping heavier hints. Frimpong is surplus/not required but hasn't realised yet? #speculation
  • edited November 2012
    Can't remember the last time I saw so much personal unpleasantness directed towards a new player coming in. Wonder what other agendas are playing out here.
  • What some maybe don't appreciate is the fact that he is contracted (for more than this season) to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Why on earth he would be turning around and saying "Why yes I would love to drop out of a Champions League club to join a team half way down the second division, playing in front of quarter of the attendance at the Emirates".

Frimpong is using us to get fit. We will benefit from his quality. Everyone's a winner.
  • Any chance that Frimpong hopes to be selected for Ghana in the Africa Cup of Nations in January?

First, he'll need to be match fit..... (which is where we come in).

;o)
  • Great temporary signing in my opinion and he's obviously a physical player who is going to be perfect for this leaque, with the difference being that he has a lot of skill to offer as well so will have the edge on most Championship players in the same role.
  • Can't remember the last time I saw so much personal unpleasantness directed towards a new player coming in. Wonder what other agendas are playing out here.

I think it is more that EF is, despite his relatively few games played, one of the highest profile players we've signed for a while.

His clothes, records and that he plays for Arsenal means people have heard of him so have an opinion.

For me potentially great signing.
  • To be honest, from the interview on Charlton Player, he comes across as a hard working and quiet lad (hard to tell properly from a five-minute interview, i suppose).

The point was put to him (he did not bring it up) that he was coming to play games and get fit to go back to Arsenal, but as other have said, what kind of ambition would it show if he said anything else?

He was much more willing to talk about how Ced Evina had told him what a good club it was and he trusted Ced so was happy to agree to come.

Really looking forward to seeing him play, if he is in the team on Saturday, and hope that he can do well enough that something longer-term can be arranged.
  • Realistically could we sign EF permanently? I very much doubt we could afford his wage demands (could be wrong) and would he want to sign for a mid table champ club, I doubt it (could be wrong). My point is we have him on loan for a very short period of time, lets play him, put him straight in the side on Saturday and get the most out of a player who is probably a class above.

People say he is not match fit but yet he has still been playing football in training more or less every day since the start of the season with top prem players. Will he be that much of the pace? Also does anyone know if he has featured much in arsenals reserves this season?
  • Can't remember the last time I saw so much personal unpleasantness directed towards a new player coming in. Wonder what other agendas are playing out here.

I think it is more that EF is, despite his relatively few games played, one of the highest profile players we've signed for a while.

His clothes, records and that he plays for Arsenal means people have heard of him so have an opinion.

Me too.

Can I join the clique now?
  • Sponsored links:

Me too.

The first rule of the clique is don't talk about the clique

• don't leak the CLeak

Me too.

That was changed at the last clique AGM Henry. Surely you remember all the fuss Oggy made about it.

Me too.

That was changed at the last clique AGM Henry. Surely you remember all the fuss Oggy made about it.

No, that was after I was thrown out for wearing the wrong cardigan so I missed the whole thing.

Bastards!

You have to be invited.

Oh, and wait for the death of an existing member.

Well, that's what the Grand Master told me.

• I hear the waiting list to get in the clique is longer than the waiting list to get into the Emirates?
  • I like what he has to say on the OS. He wants to follow in Alex Song's footsteps. That's good enough for me.
  • Song was class when here, I honestly think this guy could be better. Can't wait to see him and Stephens in the middle. Will devastate this league
  • I hear the waiting list to get in the clique is longer than the waiting list to get into the Emirates?

The Clique is the exclusive privilege of CL badge holders.
    No exceptions.

Me too.

No, that was after I was thrown out for wearing the wrong cardigan so I missed the whole thing.

Bastards!
    I'm surprised you consider that there can be any such thing as a wrong cardigan.