Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• He started all right , but didn't live up to the hype , will probably end up at Barnet or Barcelona me thinks.

I reckon we'll see him back at the Valley, Wolves have already said they want to loan him again.
  • Thought he was OK to be honest. As far as meeting expectations goes, its not his fault if there was a lot of hype surrounding him. But then again I think people are just assuming he is lazy and uninterested because he is a loan player without knowing for sure that that is how he feels.

It looks like he got on well with the team and he has publicly declared his respect to the club and to the fans. Obviously won't stop people slagging him off unnecessarily though.
  • Hope not Kap, didn't rate him much - shame he didn't work out to be the player a lot thought he might, but I think we should now move on and look elsewhere for badly needed central midfielders.
  • What i meant is we could slag him off on his appearances for us , and wonder in 3-4 seasons time how he's ended up at Barcelona , or having been bigged up to the hilt , he could fade into obscurity.
  • I won't be at all sorry if we get him on loan again.
  • I think he needs a run of games to get properly match fit, then someone will see the best of him - we didn't unfortunately. I think he will become a quality player, probably not top drawer but lower Prem. Good luck to him.
  • Dansk_Red said:

masicat said:

Lazy sod can bugger off. Represents everything that is wrong with football. My Arsenal mates tell me he's the new Vieira! Ha Ha...

A lot of people said that about Song look where his is now.

Song voted number three in the African Player of the Year for 2012...
  • Good player we ain't seen the best of for some reason

I'd keep him
  • cafctom said:

Thought he was OK to be honest. As far as meeting expectations goes, its not his fault if there was a lot of hype surrounding him. But then again I think people are just assuming he is lazy and uninterested because he is a loan player without knowing for sure that that is how he feels.

It looks like he got on well with the team and he has publicly declared his respect to the club and to the fans. Obviously won't stop people slagging him off unnecessarily though.

Agree. OK and getting fitter. You have to play a fair few games to get comfortable in a team - like Wilson. Would love him to sign for us on a good long term contract.
  • Thought he was ok but he was no Alexandre Song. His mind was probably on the African Nations Cup rather than fighting for CAFC in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• OK . Maybe I could grow to love him....
  • edited January 2013
    He did OK early on, but I fear he'll be remembered for that last dreadful game against Ipswich.

Hope he enjoyed it here, as you never know what other Arsenal youngsters may come up for loan in the future.

Wish him well.
  • Wasn't he coming back from a long term injury..maybe not fully fit?

Sometimes players can comeback and look good playing through adrenaline but that wears out after a whille.
  • edited January 2013
    Didn't impress and didn't work out for him or us but that doesn't make him a bad player.

Scott sincliar was pants for us on loan as were a few others who went on to do OK for other clubs.

And I don't buy the "he's lazy" or "its because he's a loan player so he doesn't care". Lots of loan players like costa or hulse have given 100%. Foster won POTY while on loan.

Judge the player not his contract status.
  • Didn't impress and didn't work out for him or us but that doesn't make him a bad player.

Scott sincliar was pants for us on loan as were a few others who went on to do OK for other clubs.

And I don't buy the "he's lazy" or "its because he's a loan player so he doesn't care". Lots of loan players like costa or hulse have given 100%. Foster won POTY while on loan.

So did Scott Carson ;)
  • Bubble said:

Didn't impress and didn't work out for him or us but that doesn't make him a bad player.

So did Scott Carson ;)
    Harsh. It's his age you know. First the bladder goes, then the memory. Then the memory.
  • off to Wolves I guess and they need him badly ,,,,,he enjoyed the valley seems a good guy
  • Good player. Good luck to him.
  • Will go down as one of the most disappointing Charlton loan signings of all time.
  • Didnt do much to make me want him back if he becomes available but im sure theres a player in there. Good luck to him
  • Sponsored links:

• well overated on what I have seen, will never make it at the arsenal.
  • So much for the permanent deal that was supposedly done
  • Off_it said:

Bubble said:

So did Scott Carson ;)
    Harsh. It's his age you know. First the bladder goes, then the memory. Then the memory.
    LOL

Wish it had been Forster ; - )

• Poor mans Alex Song !
  • Poor man's Djimi Traore more like.
  • Will go down as one of the most disappointing Charlton loan signings of all time.

Excluding all of pardews loans

• You could see he was a decent player but didn't really play for the team. I'd have Pritchard over him every time. Probably needed a bit more time and wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the future as he is probably quite a way from the Arsenal first team.
  • Hard to judge as he was recovering fitness.
  • He did ok in parts, but didn't exactly stand out as being a cut above someone like pritchard. If he's off to the African Cup, then it would be pointless keeping him here anyway.
  • good job zimbabwe didn't qualify or did they ..........