Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• Joins fulham on loan till emd of season
  • edited January 2013
    Will be very interesting to see how he performs on loan in the PL if he gets game time
  • Joins fulham on loan till emd of season

...and yet many on here did not rate him? Hmm.

• Redrobo said:

Joins fulham on loan till emd of season

Let's see how he gets on first, shall we?

Fulham are on a very, very bad run and Jol is supposed to have fallen out with some of his top players.
  • Just signed for Fulham on loan for the rest of the season.
  • Was Atleast half hr ago 8+)
  • Poor Fulham.
  • He never looked fit that was the problem.
    When he had the ball he rarely did anything wrong with it.

And his tackling, except against Ipswich, was always perfect.
  • Jol must be desperate
  • Don't think he was fully fit and having done both of his knees in he'll have to impress otherwise he'll be destined for championship football again
  • Sponsored links:

• Ouch. Fulham are going to struggle I think.
  • Redrobo said:

Hmm, indeed, Rob. I only saw him against Ipswich, and on that basis, this surprises me, but I'm sure fitness is an issue. I'll watch this carefully. The Charlton players seemed to like him.

I'm thinking back to Alex Song. I thought he was great when I saw him in a Charlton shirt, and was sure he'd have been a fantastic asset if we could have stayed up, and signed him for a decent fee. But the general attitude towards him seemed lukewarm.

• Redrobo said:

Hmm, indeed, Rob. I only saw him against Ipswich, and on that basis, this surprises me, but I'm sure fitness is an issue. I'll watch this carefully. The Charlton players seemed to like him.

I'm thinking back to Alex Song. I thought he was great when I saw him in a Charlton shirt, and was sure he'd have been a fantastic asset if we could have stayed up, and signed him for a decent fee. But the general attitude towards him seemed lukewarm.

To me Song didn't give '110%' to the cause, but looked a quality player, whereas Frimpong tried reasonably hard, but didn't have Song's quality.
  • Redrobo said:

To me Song didn't give '110%' to the cause, but looked a quality player, whereas Frimpong tried reasonably hard, but didn't have Song's quality.
    Even for Arsenal Song was not a 'sweating his balls off' player, he played at a measured tempo and rarely seemed to play at more than walking pace, he was just that sort of player.
  • i really didn't see anything in him(frimpong) to suggest that he is gonna go that far? i think the fact he made it through the arsenal ranks is his main assett, had he have come from wigan or someone like that to us people wouldn't be rating him so highly. he was average at best for us, nowhere near as effective as pritch, stephens or jacko in the middle
  • According to the Mirror today Arsenal are due to give him a freebie in the summer and Fulham are poised to sign him permanently.
  • I am surprised Tesco's are not after him...the guy was/is pony!
  • edited March 2013

I am surprised Tesco's are not after him...the guy was/is pony!

Well obviously Martin Jol disagrees with you.

I think there must have been fitness issues when he was here. I saw him against Ipswich and was disappointed, but I was sure I wasn't seeing a fit player.

• Will be the next Scott Sinclair, a player many Charlton fans did not see the best off so decided he was a poor/not good enough for us but will be proven wrong in the end.

• I am surprised Tesco's are not after him...the guy was/is pony!

Well obviously Martin Jol disagrees with you.

I think there must have been fitness issues when he was here. I saw him against Ipswich and was disappointed, but I was sure I wasn't seeing a fit player.

Does he though? Frimpong has spent more time on the bench than he has on grass under Jol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ha. Just like Scott Sinclair at City then......is he still there?
  • edited March 2013
    When did being on the bench make a player suddenly poor?

Seems to be the opposite affect on here, the less time a player has had on the pitch for us the more of a world beater he is? :-)
  • Must just be me. I thought he looked really good when he was with us but the two problems were his lack of fitness (the reason he was here In the first place) and the fact that he was a class above anything around him in our midfield in terms of footballing brain with the possible exception of Stephens who has the brain but not the ability to go with it. Ping pong got steadily worse with us but that was a result if his frustration growing.
  • When did being on the bench make a player suddenly poor?

Seems to be the opposite affect on here, the less time a player has had on the pitch for us the more of a world beater he is? :-)

Really good post
  • Richard J said:

According to the Mirror today Arsenal are due to give him a freebie in the summer and Fulham are poised to sign him permanently.

The Mirror has one of the worst records of all newspapers for the accuracy of its football stories. Only about 20% of its gossip proves to be accurate. That figure plummets to 16% for stories about Fulham.

So, if it's in The Mirror, probably good to have a bet on the exact opposite.
  • cafcfan said:

Richard J said:

According to the Mirror today Arsenal are due to give him a freebie in the summer and Fulham are poised to sign him permanently.

The Mirror has one of the worst records of all newspapers for the accuracy of its football stories. Only about 20% of its gossip proves to be accurate. That figure plummets to 16% for stories about Fulham.

So, if it's in The Mirror, probably good to have a bet on the exact opposite.
    This
  • Must just be me. I thought he looked really good when he was with us but the two problems were his lack of fitness (the reason he was here In the first place) and the fact that he was a class above anything around him in our midfield in terms of footballing brain with the possible exception of Stephens who has the brain but not the ability to go with it. Ping pong got steadily worse with us but that was a result if his frustration growing.

Certainly has talent, but his decision making is poor, even for a young player. I remember against Ipswich he made 1 or 2 superb tackles that would be beyond any of our other midfielders. His third tackle gave away a penalty. A stupid rash challenge in the box, You can't afford that in any division. After that his passing went to pot. I'd much rather have Stephens, who is a better passer of the ball, even if he's inconsistent.
  • Been told he can leave arsenal and offered to championship clubs, Charlton showing early interest according to the sun.
  • Anyone'll do
  • Poor man's Cousins.