Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• For me it was very evident that he was struggling to adapt to our style of play, every time he got the ball he was looking for the simply 5 yard pass that just wasn't there.

Fans will remember him for his poor display against Ipswich but a bad 45 mins does not mean hes a bad player. I think he will eventually establish himself as an average premiership CM.

I would take him back in a heart beat.
  • He did ok in parts, but didn't exactly stand out as being a cut above someone like pritchard. If he's off to the African Cup, then it would be pointless keeping him here anyway.

He hasn't been selected in the Ghana squad
  • He did Ok for us.
    I was most impressed with him up at Bolton, he had a good game there but I think overall he is used to a lot more options when in possesion.
  • cafctom said:

Thought he was OK to be honest. As far as meeting expectations goes, its not his fault if there was a lot of hype surrounding him. But then again I think people are just assuming he is lazy and uninterested because he is a loan player without knowing for sure that that is how he feels.

It looks like he got on well with the team and he has publicly declared his respect to the club and to the fans. Obviously won't stop people slagging him off unnecessarily though.

agree with this.

the bloke had a pretty serious injury not long ago. I dont think he was fully fit and coming here with our expectations high and playing within a team not knowing whats its best system was didnt really help matters.
  • I thought he did OK for us...
  • never sure if he was playing under SCP orders ..if he was he played too deep and lacked the desire to push forward ...wd be a great player if he had bradley pritchards hunger ..we will never know ..i wish him good luck but not in the same class as song judging by what i have seen
  • Good luck to him. He's more of a 'midfield destroyer' than a main creative player .. a good number 2
  • masicat said:
    Lazy sod can bugger off. Represents everything that is wrong with football. My Arsenal mates tell me he's the new Vieira! Ha Ha...

What a ridiculous over the top, said for the sake of it comment.
    Look at the comments from our players, obviously a likeable lad. Will probably go on to be a very good player somewhere else.
  • Lots of good analysis here and I agree with most. True, he is a midfield enforcer who is used to playing the simple ball and using effort and enthusiasm as his best weapon. He's better in a midfield three where I think he's seen long term by wenger. I had head wenger wanted rid though due to his dodgy knees.
  • edited January 2013
    Not rubbish, just disappointing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just didn't quite get going, did he?

Seemed to be well liked in the dressing room though, according to Jacko.

Maybe hasn't burned his bridges here.
  • Waves arms sings cheerio a few times,then gets the look from the mises.
  • On the bench for Arsenal today.
  • Judy Dench!
  • Wrench

Is this the new word association thread?
  • Not rubbish, just disappointing.

Fair comment.
  • I'm assuming he didn't make it into the Ghana squad then?
  • I thought he was bad enough to make the starting lineup at The Emirates..
  • He did make the starting line up at the Emirates trouble is Arsenal were playing at Stamford Bridge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has just tweeted this

On the move I am

I wonder where to,I doubt that it is a return to the Valley.
  • Kap10 said:

Will go down as one of the most disappointing Charlton loan signings of all time.

Excluding all of pardews loans

and Dowie's
  • Richard J said:

Has just tweeted this

On the move I am

A galaxy far far away?
  • Richard J said:

Has just tweeted this

On the move I am

"On the move ! am". Is he Yoda in disguise!
  • I liked him and would love him to join us.
  • Unfit, ill-disciplined, added little. Shame as I think there is something there.
  • Quite like him apart from the Ipswich game. Difficult to judge a player on just a handful of games but we're quite good at that on here aren't we? Lawrie Wilson anyone? I'd have him back.
  • edited January 2013
    Suspect he needs some of the 'Arsenal' knocking out of him. Unlike many on here I quite like the Gunners, but even- the most one-eyed Arsenal fan has to admit that for all silky skills their youth products posess, they aren't always the most disciplined/determined/hard-working individuals. The immaturity of their youngseters seems to stand out more than it does with a lot of club's young players. Maybe because Arsenal play their young players more than a lot of clubs.
  • edited January 2013
    Richard J said:

Has just tweeted this

On the move I am

Ahhhhhhhh. (sad face)