Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• 2M for Cousins would be mental. Do a Palace, over hype the boy and sell him for 10 at end of next year.

...with agreement to keep him on loan for another season a la Zaha .

• edited December 2013

2M for Cousins would be mental. Do a Palace, over hype the boy and sell him for 10 at end of next year.

What about Cousins to Arsenal, £2m + Frimpong?
  • I'd have him back . That midfield on Saturday looked physically very week and desperately in need of some bite.
  • 2M for Cousins would be mental. Do a Palace, over hype the boy and sell him for 10 at end of next year.

What about Cousins to Arsenal, £2m + Frimpong?
    Isn't that just £2M and a bloke who's on a free transfer?
  • If cousins goes and frimpong is his replacement....we are down.

No matter how many millions in the bank

• The last thing we need at the moment is a player who thinks he doesn't have to work hard and that's just what Frimpong was like last time he played here. I would go as far as to say he got perilously close to looking like the ultimate lazy bastard Amdy Faye.
  • Frimpong was nowhere near as bad as some made out at the time. I'd have him back if we could afford him (which is unlikely)
  • cafctom said:

Frimpong was nowhere near as bad as some made out at the time. I'd have him back if we could afford him (which is unlikely)

This. I suspect that his wages at Arsenal are way above what we pay our highest earner, and he will, I'm sure, have offers in the Premier League. I can't see him signing permanently for us. Maybe we could do a deal where we sell Cousins and take Frimpong on loan as part of the deal, but I wouldn't want to do that - Cousins looks like he is going to be a star and I would like to see a lot more of him before he leaves, presumably for more money than we'd get right now.
  • edited December 2013
    Frimpong was a bit like Dennis Rommadahl in my opinion in that he was not that bad when he last played for us,but he was way below our expectations.Someone who has played in the Arsenal first team albeit occasionally should be good enough for the Addicks .

To be fair to him he has suffered some bad injuries and I wonder whether that might stop him being picked up although it is interesting that Fulham still took him after his spell with us.

I think he understands that he needs to establish himself somewhere and get a decent run of games as he is 22 in January otherwise his career will stall because he has probably reached the stage where he will not be a regular at Arsenal now.
  • Forget about Frimpong.

The reason we are languishing st the bottom of the table is down to our inability to score.

Ergo: get goal-scoring striker.

Likelihood of above: nil.
  • Sponsored links:

• I very much doubt Frimpong would get a Premiership club, his own opinion of his ability far outstrips his actual ability.
  • Young kids at a big club getting big wages, then they are not wanted so would have to lower their sights and wage demands. Come into the real world.
  • Frimpong is a good player he wasnt fit when he came to us - id have have him back he is better than what we have - anyway he wont be back, josh wants a better calibre of player.
  • I'm sure his wage expectations would be well above what we have to offer, and will then board want to sign someone up on a large contract when there's the genuine risk of L1 football next season?
  • the only way for us to get goals is to play 4-4-2 but then we would be over run in mid field
  • doronron said:

the only way for us to get goals is to play 4-4-2 but then we would be over run in mid field

not with frimpong and cousins in the middle we wouldnt

• I'm sure his wage expectations would be well above what we have to offer, and will then board want to sign someone up on a large contract when there's the genuine risk of L1 football next season?

What about on loan until the end of the season with Arsenal paying up his last six months?

• I didn't mind Frimpong, but it's a teeny sticking plaster for a gaping wound - and I'm afraid he'd just be company for Sordell. Except for the time he would spend in the treatment room.
  • We need goals. Frimpong will not bring us goals...

....unless you play him in the hole of course....
  • edited December 2013
    ____Stephens__Frimpong___Cousins

Stewart______________________Harriott

_____________Sordell______________
  • Sponsored links:

• We couldn't afford to buy a baseball cap from his dench range, let alone pay his wages.............
  • We couldn't afford to buy a baseball cap from his dench range, let alone pay his wages.............

Lets hope so, he was crap the first time and nothing suggest he will be any better second time round.
  • Dizzle said:

____Stephens__Frimpong___Cousins

Stewart______________________Harriott

_____________Sordell______________

I hope that line you have Sordell on is the bench !
  • Stewart lwb, harriott rwb,

I wouldn't be surprised!
  • Sordell has not been given a fair run really. If Church didnt waste all of his energy chasing around like a headless chicken then he might be able to muster some power into some shots
  • I very much doubt Frimpong would get a Premiership club, his own opinion of his ability far outstrips his actual ability.

I'd love us to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.
  • Dizzle said:

Sordell has not been given a fair run really. If Church didnt waste all of his energy chasing around like a headless chicken then he might be able to muster some power into some shots

Maybe Sordell hasn't been given a run for a reason, seeing as Powell sees him train 3/4 times a week.
  • Racism is a terrible thing no matter what.

That said, if Frimpong acts in a way to get sent off because one person in a crowd abuses him my guess is he won't play 90 minutes very often in a somewhat backwards country like Russia.
  • Disgusting people.