Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• Poor man's Cousins.

he's not even that good
  • I'd have him back if fit. He showed some class in his first game against Huddersfield but looked like running was killing him after that. Having him and Cousins, two players who can both break up play and spray the ball around would be incredible. Still, means nothing without a striker
  • Cousins frimpong stephens would be a class midfield
  • Unless he's prepared to play for two packets of spangles and a mars bar every week he won't be joining us. We can't afford to pay the players we have.
  • Don't need him.
    Would be a waste of money we could use elsewhere, e.g. a proper striker or a winger who can deliver quality into the box
  • Would rather get eisfeld, myaichi or Campbell from them
  • Waste of what little money we have CM is the last position we need
  • He's Pony. No thanks
  • He's Pony. No thanks

This, if he is seen as the saviour we are fooked
  • What if he is a replacement for Cousins should he be transferred for say £2m ?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

What if he is a replacement for Cousins should he be transferred for say £2m ?

Then we will have £2m in the bank and a lesser player
  • edited December 2013
    So you would accept that then? Beggars can't be choosers I'm afraid.
  • RedChaser said:

So you would accept that then?

Would not want it but sadly I think there will be a fire sale in Jan if there is no sign of takeover.
  • We are of the same mind :-(
  • RedChaser said:

What if he is a replacement for Cousins should he be transferred for say £2m ?

It's not as if that 2m, or any of it would be given to Powell to spend though, is it..............................
  • edited December 2013
    It might be. Really depends how the game of poker is playing out :-0
  • Waste of what little money we have CM is the last position we need

Because we are creating so much from midfield......

• he wont be playing along side Cousins or Stephens it will be instead of them when the fire storm sale starts
  • If Cousins was to go and we got £2m would people rather see that money go on a new signing or renewing some Contracts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Waste of what little money we have CM is the last position we need

Because we are creating so much from midfield......

If he came in it would be for Stephens or Cousins both better than him IMO if we have money for him it would be so much wiser to invest in a forward or winger
  • What nla said. Frimpong, Cousins and Stephens would be a very good midfield.
  • I reckon we could ask for more than £2m for Cousins, signed up for 3 years and just amazing. There is talent within big Emmanuel, reckon he needs the right manager who would try and help him play football instead of selling "Denchware". If you look at Instagram it would appear Cousins dropped something big from his life to take the strides he has a footballer. Perhaps that could be seen as a way of motivating some of the younger players to just play football and make a career
  • He was unfit when he played for us. There's certainly a player in there, just ask Wolves fans.

We need a striker though.
  • we need both VG and another centre half but alas no money
  • I thought he was fine when we had him. Comfortable on the ball. Only negative I can remember is him giving away a few penalties?
    It won't happen, I'm sure he will be looking for more cash then we can offer. I'd snap your hand off 2m + for cousins in our current position.
  • Stephens and Cousins are the 2 big pluses of our side at the moment, we need a striker a lot more than another midfielder
  • I think we can demand more than 2m for Cousins
  • 2M for Cousins would be mental. Do a Palace, over hype the boy and sell him for 10 at end of next year.
  • I can see the Spuds (who are alledgedly already looking at Cousins), after today's performance, offering us quite a lot of dosh for Jordan. I can also see CP asking for cash + Obika. In which case, if we could get Frimpong on a free, it might be quite a good bit of business.

However, I would much rather keep Cousins, who I think is a future England international.