Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emmanuel Frimpong to Charlton? **Loan ended**

Comments

• His intention probably is just to get himself fit and return if possible.

Nothing wrong with that in my eyes as long as he comes here with the intention of being hungry to win matches. He is Arsenal's player afterall and he is showing a loyalty to Arsenal.
  • The squad does have the feel of promotion quality at the moment.

Really ? I do admire your optimism but three wins off the back of playing pretty average does not a season make.

you don't have to be particularly good in this league (imo) just consistant. Look at Palarse, an ordinary side, poor at our place, but get on a run and hey presto. We can make the play offs imo.

Consistency is important but I think you'll find that it's only consistently good that cuts the promotion mustard. I think Charlton are about as far from being consistently anything at the moment to consider a tilt at promotion.

• edited November 2012
    Could it be he is saying he hopes he is playing again soon and as O'hara has been out for ages he hopes the same for him rather than playing in the same team?
  • Looking forward to seeing this.
  • @Frimpong26AFC: Hello to all my new charlton fc suporters hope to help the team. Ill give 110% while am here on loan and can't wait for start playing.
  • Great signing well pleased.
  • pleased with this, will be interested to see how SCP lines up our addcks on Saturday....
  • Plaaayer said:

@Frimpong26AFC: Hello to all my new charlton fc suporters hope to help the team. Ill give 110% while am here on loan and can't wait for start playing.

His grammar is poor though. And he's not tall enough.

• O'Hara didn't even tweet that. Either that and Frimpong is a bit mental or O'Hara has now deleted it.
  • Plaaayer said:

@Frimpong26AFC: Hello to all my new charlton fc suporters hope to help the team. Ill give 110% while am here on loan and can't wait for start playing.

His grammar is poor though. And he's not tall enough.

I dunno - put's some of us to shame

• Sponsored links:

• O'Hara didn't even tweet that. Either that and Frimpong is a bit mental or O'Hara has now deleted it.

I think it may be you that's slightly mental.
  • He's a good 'swap' for Danny Hollands .. BUT .. as I have said elsewhere on here, he is prone to attracting reds and yellows, Powell needs to keep him calm. All told, a VERY promising player, potentially the best signing, along with Fuller, of Powells reign. He must be a very persuasive man and thanks also to Arsene Wenger.
  • When i have seen him play he has looked solid. I don't think he is the sort of player to come here and rest on his laurels. He looks like he will fight for the cause whoever he is playing for. Looking forward to seeing him play.

• Welcome to Emmanuel Frimpong's Poetry Corner

Pass the ball to Van Persie
    DENCH GOAL!
    Oh Lord have mercy

If you're gonna tackle
    Tackle then
    Soft with da ladies
    Hard with da men

So concludes Emmanuel Frimpong's Poetry Corner

• awesome. where's that from?
  • Plaaayer said:

O'Hara didn't even tweet that. Either that and Frimpong is a bit mental or O'Hara has now deleted it.

I think it may be you that's slightly mental.
    LOL. Had my tweets set to "no replies" (god knows why) so it didn't show up. Rookie error.
  • DENCH signing, I can't wait to see him play for us. He sounds like a great all round midfielder who should slot in perfectly with us.

He should also allow Stephens to push up further and split defenses open with his passing which will be great.

It also posses the question of how long till Eggy heads back to Wolves, it can't be long at all if we've signed Frimpong and if he was dire V Burnley.
  • Johnnie Jackson ‏@johnnie_jackson
    I could be wrong here but I believe #Dench was an old,old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
    Delete
    FavoritedFavorite 57m Johnnie Jackson ‏@johnnie_jackson
    @Stevieboy_13 @frimpong26afc I'll be in to him for tickets and signed shirts before he's put his boots on!

View conversation Hide conversation Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite
  • Plaaayer said:

Not good enough. I insist on at least 117.5%.

• Sponsored links:

• Will give us the fight in midfield that we have been crying out for. His temperament is gana be unpredictable, but he's only on loan so I assume if it's working out on both parties the loan deal will extend till the end of the season.
  • I wonder if we waived any fee for Jenkinson's cap to make this deal happen?
  • A lot is being said about his temperament, but from what I understand he only has one red card to his name. Its the fitness we should be focusing on.
  • He's a good 'swap' for Danny Hollands .. BUT .. as I have said elsewhere on here, he is prone to attracting reds and yellows, Powell needs to keep him calm. All told, a VERY promising player, potentially the best signing, along with Fuller, of Powells reign. He must be a very persuasive man and thanks also to Arsene Wenger.

Prone to attracting reds and yellows ?

As far as I can make out he has made 21 appearances (6 as sub) and got 3 yellows and 1 red.

So not a Trevor Brooking but hardy a Kevin Muscat !

In comparison Dale Stephens has had 4 Yellow's in 13 appearances this season.

Never seen him play so will wait to make a judgement.
  • Frimpong should compliment Stephens well in the middle
  • MattD said:

Frimpong should compliment Stephens well in the middle

I agree & I even posted something similar earlier.
    On 2nd thoughts, I can't see them getting a game in the same starting 11.

CP has a midfield doing the biz. Stephen's will do well to get back in the midfield ahead of Pritch, Jackson ,Kerkar and no doubt Frimpong who has been promised games here.
  • OH MY GOD DENCH!
  • sam3110 said:

olster said:

awesome. where's that from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co8QwDoR60Y
    Ace. @BDL - surely that's one for Saturday?
  • MattD said:

Frimpong should compliment Stephens well in the middle

"What a dench pass, well done my friend" sort of thing?
  • I wonder if we waived any fee for Jenkinson's cap to make this deal happen?

I am sure this is discussed on another thread but did we have an add on for a cap? If so along with the fee an amazing bit of negotiation for a player that was out of contract and therefore on a development fee