Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sorry with the Solly Situation

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Kentie, don't feel you are prrssurised into 'betting'. You said something as a flippant off the cuff comment, not going round looking for punters.

If you're student and don't want to get that money, just say. You won't get no stick, and don't feel you have to save face. I wouldn't if I was you.
  • Options
    What about a fiver each from the protagonists to satisfy honour and the upbeats benefit by a tenner.
  • Options
    If we're skint then were skint and if the money is needed to pay the pieman then so be it. Will be gutted but grateful that our academy was able to save the day.
    Indeedy, SHG. Re-inforces the reasons why the Club is placing so much emphsasis on the Academy .
  • Options
    LOL Bart......which pub you in?
    Good of you to put Kentie at ease though.
  • Options
    Agree, make it a fiver.
  • Options
    I only said a bully because it was said a hefty but honestly I will do whatever amount you wish
  • Options
    He won't be here by the weekend. Bloody sad to say so too
  • Options
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    Can we have a day where everyone is just positive, even if they do not feel it? For us that know nothing it would it would help with the nerves
  • Options
    Can't see anything positive on solly leaving
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't mean that, let's all just pretend there is no chance he is. Then if/when it does we can get upset but until then everything is rosey
  • Options
    Me neither, don't kid yourselves he will not be with us come brum
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Can we have a day where everyone is just positive, even if they do not feel it? For us that know nothing it would it would help with the nerves

I bet this is David Cameron's dream too. :-)
  • Options
    Unless West Ham pay vastly over the odds for Solly and we get Baldock/Maynard aswell (can't see it tbh) I have to agree that there is nothing positive to come out of losing Solly. He is the best RB we have had in years and a great prospect. Genuinely think he could be a top Premiership defender in a few years.

We saw with Francis and some of the various RB's we had under Pardew how important a RB who can actually defend is, Solly was far from weak when going forward but I struggle to recall too many (if any) getting past him last season. We'll miss that solidarity as will Morrison and the RM next season.
  • Options
    Yep, he is worth a lot. Played for England at every level as a youngster

For me selling him is going against anything you can be trying to achieve. If anyone thinks full backs don't win you things does not understand football.
  • Options
    How certain are you he is gone ?
  • Options
    I really don't understand why people think that such a sale, if it did happen, would be reinvested into the team?

If we drastically needed to make improvements to our team, then we wouldn't have won League One so convincingly last year (much more convincingly than Norwich or Southampton).

We aren't DESPERATE to strengthen the side, as we do have a decent squad. The only reason we would sell him would be because the club needs the money OR it is simply an offer that can't be refused.

• Options
    I haven't read this entire thread and I'll be disappointed if CS goes but could it be that he's had his head turned with the golden carrot being dangled before him and he actually wants to go? In which case let's get what we can out of any deal whether it be a player plus cash or a half decent fee #justsaying
  • Options
    If a prem club comes knocking then I would never question a players motive when you are just out of the third division

Anything can happen in a career of a footballer and it's better to have for example 20 k a week than 5 k a week so you are secured

I don't believe personally that we will find out the fee when it happens

And I don't think the money will be re invested
  • Options
    Weighing everything up. This board have not got any cash or have not got the inclination to spend any they do have. Powell has vocalised his displeasure at the lack of signings, and there is an air of uneasiness at board level (never any smoke without fire). Powell has more than likely been given an ultimatum. Solly goes or no more signings.

Shame because we should be looking to use the momentum gained over the last twelve months and got a couple of solid signings in the add depth.

So I'm 99% certain solly will be gone soon.

Solly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he goes, then he goes. I don't want him to go as he is probably the best right back I've seen in a Charlton shirt but I certainly won't Get all doom an gloom about it, good luck to him whatever he does
  • Options
    I know there have been a lot of discussions here over the last month about troubles we're having (none at all have been confirmed, though there is 'something' happening I assume).

Now, we were all pretty relaxed after Solly and Powell both came out and said they were happy to stay. I do get the impression that people's heads have merely been turned in this thread without much foundation other than worry?
  • Options
    Nope, I don't have my head turned by Internet forums. He will be gone soon and I will be annoyed.
  • Options
    Solly has two years left and is in talks for a new contract - this stinks of agent talk.
  • Options
    Shit thread, 1)half of you lot pooing your pants, chose Francis over Solly on a thread this time last season, which means you know fcuk all about football FACT.

2) If you have cast iron info shouldn't come on here lording it up and offering bets to people who haven't had the info.

Poor poor show chaps, and why some on here moan about the Charlton clique. Fair play if you are in the know keep it between yourselves and keep it to in boxes.
  • Options
    Nah I think it's fair game mate. I normally keep my gob shut and leave the waffle alone but all the signs point towards solly being sold and I'm gonna be unhappy about it. Only my opinion course and I have no moles in any camps.
  • Options
    And I hated Francis! Haha
  • Options
    Sorry mate lots of innuedo's , bit dis respectful to other lifer's, why members only also when so sure of facts.
  • Options
    I'll remember that in future then mate.
  • Options
    Lots of people calling each other mate. Theres gonna be a fight in a minute.