Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sorry with the Solly Situation

Comments

• Options
    I for one value the information given, don't think the people who give it deserve a lot of the stick they get for sharing it with fellow supporters who have dont have the fortune of inside connections
  • Options
    Read into it what you will it's only my opinion, and that's worth the grand sum of sod all or is worth agreeing with. The only inside information I have is no connection to charlton nor is it much value!

Anyway I said solly so ner
  • Options
    All it does is cause friction though, between people in the know and people who don't know whether it's bullshit. Over the last couple of months ever thread is the same.
  • Options
    This would be a very quiet place if every thread or comment was 100% confirmed by irrefutable proof.

Dont like people passing on info? Dont read it. Reading people calling out and insulting those sharing info is much more boring - unfortunately it seems the vast majority of threads are full of "your all wankers, you dont know anything" comments at the moment.
  • Options
    Have I missed something? I saw a rumour on twitter saying Baldock for Solly and that's it but if he reads here it's like he's almost out the door?
  • Options
    Haha maybe, I'm not in any way in the know more than the bloke who cleans the windows is though. I do know I will sulk if/when he is sold
  • Options
    If Solly goes he goes, we can't stop him only he can decide what decision to make.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The bet is for a good cause goes to the up beats no one making any money out of it and the bet was offered. Not touted for
  • Options
    Or the board decide. Happens all the time
  • Options
    Who's calling who out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry mate lots of innuedo's , bit dis respectful to other lifer's, why members only also when so sure of facts.

Bit unnecessary mate. Read my opening post again, which was about how much I enjoyed watching him last season and how gutted I would be if he moved. I then got asked if I thought it was a possibility and I said yes.

Don't really see innuendo in that, nor do I understand the members only dig, because it isn't.

Like carly burn's post earlier, seems like if you offer any form of comment you have to get it proof read and through a team of approvers first.

For the record, for those that read something, then blow it up and turn it into something else, I never said he had gone, and I never said he is has.definately going. I have heard it is a distinct possibility(won't say where from, so make your own judgement), but even if you take that out of the equation, look at the facts.

Of all the minimal amount of activity we have done this season, we bring in a right back. We take three right backs away on tour and in our only meaningful psf so far, we played him completely out of position in favour of the other two.

If Hughes is still here, that means we have four right backs on the books.

If you believe that the ownership / financing plan has gone off course (which I do), then some money has to come from somewhere.
  • Options
    Which begs the question,will w ham make a derisory offer based on our alleged financial woes?
  • Options
    West ham will probably make a derisory offer based on their financial woes

Or just because they are horrible
  • Options
    Pre season and everyone shts their pants over money problems, sales here there everywhere. CP said Solly is saying this season so I'll stick by him for saying that, all calm down till if and when he has please. :-)
  • Options
    If only Chris Powell controlled the finances we would be ok, but he doesn't.
  • Options
    Carter said:

West ham will probably make a derisory offer based on their financial woes

Or just because they are horrible

They got beaten to the signature of some spaniard to wigan,the fee was around 4 mill,a full back I think?
  • Options
    @afka
    "Of all the minimal amount of activity we have done this season, we bring in a right back. We take three right backs away on tour and in our only meaningful psf so far, we played him completely out of position in favour of the other two.

If Hughes is still here, that means we have four right backs on the books.

If you believe that the ownership / financing plan has gone off course (which I do), then some money has to come from somewhere. "

A grimly brilliant marshalling of the available facts in support of a reasonable view of what may be happening.

Written like that I ask myself why I didn't see that myself days ago. But I didn't. Probably because I didn't want to. We all bury our heads in the sand at times.
  • Options
    Prague, reading this, can I assume your optimistic post on the Steve Kavanagh thread a couple of days ago is now no longer as 'optimistic' as it seemed at the time?
    You got back into the swing of things after your holiday, did a bit of digging, and posted stuff that, errrmmm, relaxed everybody. Do you feel or see things differently now?
  • Options
    WOW one person says solly could be leaving without any real evidence and it sparks off this crazy thanks mate
  • Options
    I seem to remember Slater stating early after the take over that part of the clubs new philosophy was to bring on young players and sell them to help with the running costs of the club......so I guess like it or not its going to be "goodbye Chris" as he is our most valuable asset. I dont like it, but we will have to lump it chaps, I feel that all our complaints will fall upon a corporate death ear. However, Im feeling optimistic about our overall squad and I think we could hold our own as is....
    Jonjo......Jenks.....Solly....whos next on the conveyor belt?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard that Powell isn't sure whether Solly will cut it in the Championship. Three Prem clubs made enquiries at the end of the season for him as we were looking to sign Wilson. To me this sounds like a footballing decision if it happens of course. It will be Powells decision.
  • Options
    Is it fair to say.....WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE
  • Options
    We are a selling club these days . sad fact of life but we are I'm afraid.

We were a selling club when Curbs was in charge in the championship and he managed to balance the books enough to bring in players like Mendonca which with a bit of good luck and a lot of good management got us promoted. If it takes a couple of years of us having to sell a player then use some of the money to balance the books and the rest to invest in the squad then so be it.

My only concern is that the owners have said nothing at all. I think we'd all be more satisfied if they just came out with a statement confirming what I say above instead of keeping us in the dark.
  • Options
    Every club is a selling club at the right price! What we don't want to be is back to the bad old days of selling talent to keep the club going like we did with Rob Lee.

If we sell Solly to fund 2 or 3 players which improve the overall team then I am all for it. We did it it last year with Jenks and that didn't work out to bad did it.

• Options
    Redhenry said:

I heard that Powell isn't sure whether Solly will cut it in the Championship. Three Prem clubs made enquiries at the end of the season for him as we were looking to sign Wilson. To me this sounds like a footballing decision if it happens of course. It will be Powells decision.

Find that hard to believe, he's one we can be confident will have no problems stepping up a division.
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Is it fair to say.....WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

No.....source of this info , are you another clique WUM?

Stop being so negative can't you just accept we're not gonna die we're gonna live and if we do die then we can all accept it and cry then but let's stay positive ,
    for the moment I'm alive and if you're reading this so are you , we always used to die in the past so IF we die now then its the same as it ever has been but I for one refuse to accept I'm gonna die .

• Options
    Have you not seen The Matrix oohaah
  • Options
    Nope , if it means we're not gonna die I like and believe it .... If it means we're gonna die it's made up hogwash with no substance or proof
  • Options
    It means we might already be dead (kinda) and just don't know.
  • Options
    We should hold out for at least as much as Villa paid for Lowton.

As much as it would be sad to lose Solly, last season was his first fully fit season. If we can turn it into a good deal and make the squad stronger overall then it can work out positively just like with Jenkinson