Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sorry with the Solly Situation

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    He's not going anywhere. we lost Shelvey, who at the time was a prodigy and looked class and no one is crying now.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Redhenry said:

Obviously can't say. If Solly is sold it will be Powells decision. I hope this puts the conspiracy theories to bed on this one.

This is your comment that i find objectionable. You imply that AFKA and those that agreed with his remarks are conspiracy theorists, when in fact no 'conspiracy' was even suggested, simply the likelihood of an unpleasant economic reality.

Wasn't implying that I am just fed up with the doom and gloom merchants on here.
    Just because the new guard have replaced some of the old guard at the club some on here seem to think we are headed for oblivion re the paper bill not being paid.
    Lighten up pal it was just business, give the owners some credit after last season.

• Options
    Solly played at Crawley. If I were selling him I wouldn't have played him in anymore PSF's.
  • Options
    If he was being sold but I had no control over him being sold, I would still play him to prove a point
  • Options
    When Jonjo was being sold, we were desperate for money and RM told PP that he couldn't play Jonjo anymore as we literally could not afford to have JJ suffer an injury. This time around it may be different, but I'm taking it as an encouraging sign that C Solly is playing.
  • Options

When Jonjo was being sold, we were desperate for money and RM told PP that he couldn't play Jonjo anymore as we literally could not afford to have JJ suffer an injury. This time around it may be different, but I'm taking it as an encouraging sign that C Solly is playing.

I don't think that parkinson needed telling not to play Shelvy, I think he had already stopped picking him. It's no wonder he wanted to leave, his development had ground to a halt. Train all week & sit in the stand on matchday, brilliant !
  • Options

I don't think that parkinson needed telling not to play Shelvy, I think he had already stopped picking him. It's no wonder he wanted to leave, his development had ground to a halt. Train all week & sit in the stand on matchday, brilliant !
    Not the full story by any means, but don't want to go back to it, merely pleased that there's some hope of keeping Solly.

• Options

Not the full story by any means, but don't want to go back to it, merely pleased that there's some hope of keeping Solly.

Lets hope so !
  • Options

That's a bit skewed to be honest bob....that's not how it was at all.
    He was a young kid....I think Parkinson handled him very well and there was never any rumblings that he was unhappy about it either.