Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sorry with the Solly Situation

Comments

• Options
    Well I for one will be sad to lose the lad, but then again I was upset to Lose Shelvey.
    I was informed that Shelvey wanted to go, and I suppose in that situation you have little choice at this level than to let the player go.
    Seems these day's players are not happy to stay with a club, even if they are promoted.
    I do hope this is not some financial quick fix, to generate some funds, seems very short sighted to me, unless as I say the player wants to go .
  • Options
    there is no reason for us to believe he is going to move on i expect him to stay at least 1 more season. odd how depressed everyone seems despite the fact we have just been promoted and on the up for the first time in at least 6 years.
  • Options
    Get your head back into the sand Rodney. I've just seen Chris doing the Lambeth Walk in fully pearly king regalia. I knew it the second he didn't start a pre-season friendly.
  • Options
    only charlton fans could manage this unfortunately they always find something to moan about
  • Options

only charlton fans could manage this unfortunately they always find something to moan about

They or we?

Think you'll find it's the same at most clubs.

• Options

So let me get the facts... Solly has said he doesn't want to leave, SCP has said he doesn't want him to leave. Any other confirmed facts? Storm in a teacup as ever.

There is a theme on here of late.....suggest a rumour/ hunch.....think of worst case scenario.....think of things that give such viewpoint credence.....shout down those who offer a less pessimistic view.....get support of others with lilly livered corkers such as "Hmm good post...I'm worried now".

Within minutes rumour becomes cast iron fact despite not one shard of evidence being provided.

Continue with worry until distracted by next hot topic and then conveniently ignore when rumour and hearsay turns out to be unsubstantiated rumour and hearsay and you have a day in the life of Charlton Life.

So when it was said Varney was leaving it didn't happen? When it was leaked Kav was going it wasn't then announced?

True, only time will tell if Solly stays or goes but maybe people have more credible sources than you give them credit for.
  • Options

there is no reason for us to believe he is going to move on i expect him to stay at least 1 more season. odd how depressed everyone seems despite the fact we have just been promoted and on the up for the first time in at least 6 years.

if it were someone other than AFKA to have started this thread I'd treat it with suspicion. The fact that AFKA chose to start a brand new thread on it as opposed to sticking it in rumours says a lot to me. AFKA is not one to start unfounded tittle tatter.

• Options

Don't know about others, i will be absolutely gutted if he moves on in the next couple of weeks.

Whether its used to clear debts, or finance new bodies, seeing Chris emerge and progress last year was one of my main enjoyments in last season's success. The kid has such a great attitude and appetite, and i can see only getting better. He is exactly the type of players supporters love to warm to, and to a nice humble come through the ranks is even better.

To lose that so early into his 'career' i'll personally find really gutting.

IMHO and with all that's gone on here in the last few weeks ,the very wrong time to start a thread like this.
  • Options
    When's the right time? When he's gone?
  • Options
    We are a selling club, always have been probably always will be, I remember when we sold Killer, then Paul Walsh, Robert Lee, Danny Mills, latterly Darren Bent. I've got used to it, we will sell other players to help keep us solvent. Solly will be missed, but CAFC will march on. IF its true!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOL this is priceless.

Another rumour with nothing to it.

Next!
  • Options
    has anyone actually got an substantial evidence that we're having financial troubles at the moment?
  • Options
    Hold on, let me just take a screenshot of the online banking at HSBC...
  • Options
    Jarman said:

LOL this is priceless.

Another rumour with nothing to it.

Next!

Erm........ If it had something in it then it wouldn't be a rumour.

• Options

Don't know about others, i will be absolutely gutted if he moves on in the next couple of weeks.

Whether its used to clear debts, or finance new bodies, seeing Chris emerge and progress last year was one of my main enjoyments in last season's success. The kid has such a great attitude and appetite, and i can see only getting better. He is exactly the type of players supporters love to warm to, and to a nice humble come through the ranks is even better.

To lose that so early into his 'career' i'll personally find really gutting.

IMHO and with all that's gone on here in the last few weeks ,the very wrong time to start a thread like this.

It's never the wrong time if someone has solid info. Like others have said, I would be totally surprised if Dan posted something like this without good reason.

Personally, I felt that as soon as we signed Wilson, this was a dot on the cards.

• Options
    can you say any more AFKA?
  • Options
    Agree Wilson coming in looked a bit ominous for Solly's future.......he is a great player, will befit a bigger stage, but like most fans I hoped it would be with us.
  • Options
    Well, if he goes, I'm happy to say that I got to see the lad play in a charlton shirt, when I came back to the UK earlier in the year, and I really enjoyed how he played his football. If he goes, the best of luck to the bloke.
  • Options
    Player of the year seems to be a parting gift these days.
  • Options
    It will be undisclosed fee I bet

The money of it goes back into the club to finance strengthening the squad

Then if we get 3 mil for him and baldock then good business

If the money disappears in to a hole that we don't get to understand and it is not 3 mil then shit business

My fear is that this money is used for reasons other than beneficial to Charlton And by being undisclosed we will not have the benefit of knowing how much and where has it gone

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    And he will leave
  • Options

Player of the year seems to be a parting gift these days.

Ok lads, next year can we all just vote for clarke as POTY, providing he is still here.

Solly for Baldock plus cash is a good deal, Most teams have to sell outside the premier, IF out of this we lose Solly and get no Baldock or the cash is eaten up to pay bills then we can all go on blob.

• Options
    how much do you think Solly is worth?

£3m + Baldock? really don't think west ham would value him at £4.5m.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Hold on, let me just take a screenshot of the online banking at HSBC...

• Options
    Stebo said:

how much do you think Solly is worth?

£3m + Baldock? really don't think west ham would value him at £4.5m.

I think 3.5-4mill would be fair, so it really depends how much they want him. After another good season I reckon his value would rise again, a lot.
  • Options
    Nothing On Football Rumours about this. Now I am worried.
  • Options
    £3m haha. Not saying he isn't worth that but remember we are Charlton.
  • Options
    Thats why it will be undisclosed
  • Options

Thats why it will be undisclosed

Do you think Baldock is part of the deal nla ? I'm assuming it's Wet Spam.

• Options
    I think if he is it'll only be on loan.