Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• There wasn't any trouble at all. Boring but true.
  • ..........I've just had another look at the league table, can't help myself
    Aw, go on then - I'm gonna have another butchers now !
  • edited March 2012
    i parked at the other end of the park, about a 10 minute walk away. could really hear charlton chanting and making a lot of noise on my way in and i thought this was going to great. first visit for me, a decent little 3rd division ground.

at kick off we all went very very quiet,sporadic singing after but not much - "there's only one rhoys wiggins" and "chris solly solly". first half i don't think any football was played. we were all long ball and their defense mopped everything up. our whole midfield was very non existant. bournemouth looked the more dangerous going forward and seemed to create space where we could not find any.bwp seemed thoroughly disinterested,really not his usual self. guys behind me were moaning about hamer from the second minute and didn't relent till he went off.

we had a couple of chances late in the second half that were blocked and then deep into injury time big yann rose to score. although desperate to celebrate i did think it hadn't crossed the line so instant check with the far lino and he was furiously waving his flag to sinal a goal and the place was mental. big bundle down the front and some guy in a whitish top ran down our line and jumped back into the crowd (jt?)

turned out to be a great day after 90 minutes of dire football. felt sorry for those that left early and missed the celebrations but i guess they got home 5 minutes earlier than they would have so it evens itself out.

• standing 3 rows from the back right next to the tv cameras... haven't celebrated like that for a long while!
    Seriously, I've looked at it at least 5 times today and will do so again before going to bed.

Puts a MASSIVE grin on my face every time. 8-D
  • i was wearing a dark jumper and was in main stand
  • Great weekend. Spent Friday and Saturday morning in the same hotel as the team. Thought we were poor but we defend really well even though we looked vulnerable to counter attack and had bit of luck which you need. Our midfielders and forwards were poor and passing was awful. Solly was excellent considering he doesn't get any help from Green. You can't beat a last minute goal!
  • Which hotel chain do the team use?
  • They were at the Marriott for this game. Had photos with SCP and JJ. Was in the breakfast queue with Wiggins and Hollands. Saw most other players around hotel. Amazing experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Love Charlton away days - only just recovering
  • I saw several Bournemouth players shaking hands with Wiggins after the game, players move on to new clubs, so they have a different attitude to supporters, who hold grudges towards exes. It all looked very friendly out there.

Why do people leave before the end of games, when 1 goal can completely change the whole atmosphere of the day? But then why do people head to the bar with 5 minutes of the 1st half still to go, or come back 5 minutes into the second half. Are they that desperate for rubbish lager?

• smash and grab although bar them hitting the post it looked like we were too troubled... nil nil until boom we sneak one..

Powell keeps telling the players "get the three points, we havnt dont anything yet" Fantastic stuff...

So good..
  • I saw several Bournemouth players shaking hands with Wiggins after the game, players move on to new clubs, so they have a different attitude to supporters, who hold grudges towards exes. It all looked very friendly out there.

Why do people leave before the end of games, when 1 goal can completely change the whole atmosphere of the day? But then why do people head to the bar with 5 minutes of the 1st half still to go, or come back 5 minutes into the second half. Are they that desperate for rubbish lager?

Completely agree. How can anyone leave a game early if a single goal can still change the result? Would you walk out at the movies before a film finishes?

I have left early plenty of times when we were getting dicked 3-0, 4-1 and obviously getting beaten but never have I left with the result in doubt.

The only people who I can understand doing this are folks who have to get away early for transport reasons.
  • "Charlton Athletic! We're Top of the League!" Being aired in Walkabout Saturday night, love it. Superb weekend, bumped into a fair amount of fans on the evening out.
  • Great effort. Bit lucky. Nice sunny day, nice stadium. They're a good club and have really improved from the doomed looking outfit that we trundled over on the opening day. Very good three points.

Completely agree. How can anyone leave a game early if a single goal can still change the result? Would you walk out at the movies before a film finishes?

I have left early plenty of times when we were getting dicked 3-0, 4-1 and obviously getting beaten but never have I left with the result in doubt.

The only people who I can understand doing this are folks who have to get away early for transport reasons.

I travelled with two mates who always do this. Never quite got it when the score is level and anything can happen. As I snagged a spare, we weren't sitting together, but they made their way along the concourse a couple of minutes before the end. I sat in my seat til the 90th and then made my way down, to stand by the tunnel area as they walked out. So glad I stayed as the corner was being taken and then had the two of them run back in to celebrate.

Met up with some other friends after the game and this was definitely the game we all knew we were up. The combination of results just left us all grinning at each other...OUR (ONE) AIM IS TRUE!! ;-)
  • I know I wasn't there, but people keep saying we were poor and the midfield non-existant.
    Fair enough.

But nobody seems to have taken into account that Bournemouth played 5 in midfield, in order to outnumber and congest the midfield, thus denying Charlton the space and time on the ball to play our normal game.

The fact that Bournemouth succeeded with this tactic is evident - although it's also testimony that they felt they first had to stop us playing - and that they could only do so by playing 4-5-1 at home!
  • But they didn't succeed, Oggy - we won!!
  • I know I wasn't there, but people keep saying we were poor and the midfield non-existant.
    Fair enough.

But nobody seems to have taken into account that Bournemouth played 5 in midfield, in order to outnumber and congest the midfield, thus denying Charlton the space and time on the ball to play our normal game.

The fact that Bournemouth succeeded with this tactic is evident - although it's also testimony that they felt they first had to stop us playing - and that they could only do so by playing 4-5-1 at home!
    True but I would like to think we have a tactic that combats this and allows us not the oppo to control possession a little more than we did on Saturday although like you Oggy I was not there.

• Sponsored links:

• Just think how disheartened the sheff utd players must feel....lost to a last minute winner, to then find out we scored a 93rd minute winner....

Priceless
    Just wanted to show we were even handed to all of Sheffield after the Yeovil game.

• Great feeling at the end celebrating and even after it seemed every direction you looked people were celebrating on the way back .

WE ARE UP!
  • edited March 2012
    I know I wasn't there, but people keep saying we were poor and the midfield non-existant.
    Fair enough.

It was a tough game. Bournemouth played well and were well organised. They didn't give our midfield any room, but Stephens and Hollands kept working away. The defence looked solid throughout besides the gaping hole that opened for Arter near the end, but, that aside, we never really looked like losing. It wasn't a pretty game game, but it was never going to be while it was 0-0. However, we didn't do a lot wrong. I think 0-0 was a fairer scoreline, but credit to Kermogant and Haynes for nipping in and getting the all important goal.
  • Old bloke next to me did not stop moaning all game. Did not clap once or give any encouragement to the team. Kind of glad he left early and missed the goal.

Can't understand why anyone would make all the effort to whet down there and then be absolutely determined not to enjoy it.
  • edited March 2012
    They were at the Marriott for this game. Had photos with SCP and JJ. Was in the breakfast queue with Wiggins and Hollands. Saw most other players around hotel. Amazing experience.
    £2.5K?

;-0
  • Old bloke next to me did not stop moaning all game. Did not clap once or give any encouragement to the team. Kind of glad he left early and missed the goal.

Can't understand why anyone would make all the effort to whet down there and then be absolutely determined not to enjoy it.
    Should have asked him if he was Golfie?

;o)

• WE ARE UP!
    oh BBC, Sky Sports and all other websites must be wrong then as I don't see a P for promoted by our name yet?

• WE ARE UP!
    oh BBC, Sky Sports and all other websites must be wrong then as I don't see a P for promoted by our name yet?
    Dazzler !! You should know by now, it's not official until it's on the OS !!!!!!

I had three behind me, middle aged to old. One of them looked like a proper trainspotter. Did not stop moaning all game!! Whinging about BWPs effort, Kerm not winning enough headers, Solly occassionally knocking it long even when under pressure then in the next sentence Stephens playing an easy short ball instead of knocking it 20 yards upfield.

Didn't go nuts when we scored, just sat there. Couldn't believe it.