Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Just got home from a fantastic wedding and my day just got even better, COYR.
  • Took my 8 year old son along. Needless to say he absolutely loved it!
  • O-Randy-Hunt said:
    someone nicked my inflatable sheep

That's your lovelife over then.

;o). :-))))))))) lol
  • Others have said it already - the win was more important than the performance and boy, did we celebrate that goal !!!!

SO agree that our "little" Mr Dynamite was his usual massive self. No contest for MOM and POTY for me.

Totally kn*ckered at the final whistle - I gave it my all today - and slept most of the way home. Hope I'm fit for Tues niight.

Kept telling the worriers to BELIEVE ...now you'd better believe it !!!
  • Golf we got a bloody ticket too
  • SO HAPPY!

Another Tuesday night fixture... Surely not another 1-1???
  • edited March 2012
    Two towns, one city, sixty seconds. How a season can swing in a moment. Football has broken my heart so many times over the years, today I could hug it and squeeze it and call it George...
  • Two towns, one city, sixty seconds. How a season can swing in a moment. Football has broken my heart so many times over the years, today I could hug it and squeeze it and call it George...
    My mate "George" who came over your way for his stag do?

I'll let him know.
    ;o)
  • After my previous jinx effect on the team, I was prepared to take the blame for another disappointing result, when it all turned around. A scruffy goal, I don't know how it crept in, and yes it was definitely over the line, but wow what a series of events. They do say the sign of a title winning team is the ability to win when you're playing badly, and SCP definitely did a Fergie today!
  • edited March 2012
    Just read this on the Bournemouth forum:

"We know how good Wiggins is, so our best chance of success is down the left flank, I'd stick with McDermott and Malone as the wingers and hitting them with pace on the break."

They obviously hadn't heard of a certain Mr. Christopher Solly
  • Sponsored links:

• Just read this on the Bournemouth forum:

"We know how good Wiggins is, so our best chance of success is down the left flank, I'd stick with McDermott and Malone as the wingers and hitting them with pace on the break."

They obviously hadn't heard of a certain Mr. Christopher Solly
    To be fair in the first half it had some success, as they had also heard of a certain D Green who provided little defensive cover! Solly can't cover 2 attacking players... I thought that Malone looked quite lively (even with the comments about his hair)
  • Absolutely amazing ... We are in such a good position ... And fantastic that kermo gets it and keeps him ticking... Solid
  • Smashed!
  • Two towns, one city, sixty seconds. How a season can swing in a moment. Football has broken my heart so many times over the years, today I could hug it and squeeze it and call it George...
    Don't call him George, he hates being called George it affects him.

His friends told me so.
  • Having spent 90 mins keeping relatively quiet in the home end block next to cafc fans, couldn't hold back when goal went in and ran towards the away end and hurdled a ridiculous barrier to celebrate in our end. Fuck me, adrenaline still pumping. Don't even know who scored
    That is a brilliant scene, pal

love it... nice one

ok... now I believe

We are going up
    say
    We are going up!
  • edited March 2012
    Posting before reading any previous reports. Not a game for the purist in breezy conditions not helped by a completely open end to the elements. That being said although Bournemouth played well, they never had the cutting edge to make their neat football pay dividends. Winning has become a habit for the class of 2011/12 and as sure as eggs are eggs they ground out a victory, nay stole 2 extra points from the Cherries when the game had 0-0 written all over it. Succeess is built on solid foundations and for the umpteenth time this season the defence stood firm with possibly Wiggins a little below his best, having to contend with a little more pressure, as a returning defector, than the other four. Midfield worked hard but never really created much hence the strikers were starved of decent service. Yann didn't seem to have it all his own way in the air today whether that was because of a slight injury or the conditions I don't know but he came up trumps with a last gasp winner which from where I was sitting, level with goaline, definitely went in. Sorry I don't subscribe to this 'defence being shockingly deep' observation from the 'players marks' thread, clean sheets mean you have a platform on which to win matches, we did that again yesterday for a club record 13th time away from home this season so it must be working musn't it or should we start playing champagne football and losing games to the odd goal in seven? Hmmm.....me thinks I'll opt for the defending deep tactics if needs must! Bring on the Colchester COYR!
  • Most points have been covered except that whilst Green may be given the "assist" for the goal from his corner it was Haynes who made the corner by chasing down a no hope ball and managing to nick the ball from the defender and play it off him for a corner. Thought Haynes added something to our game when he replaced BWP.
  • edited March 2012
    Most points have been covered except that whilst Green may be given the "assist" for the goal from his corner it was Haynes who made the corner by chasing down a no hope ball and managing to nick the ball from the defender and play it off him for a corner. Thought Haynes added something to our game when he replaced BWP.
    Looking closely at the highlights in slow mo, Haynes (14) LL was also the player to flick the corner on for Yann to score.
  • edited March 2012
    Good summary @Deadred
  • edited March 2012
    Good summary @Deadred
    Praise indeed from the 'Boss'...... 'Doffs cap'.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a surprise I'm in a good mood at all considering my phone was beeping from Bournemouth based texts through the night....
  • Need to make an apology on behalf of Virgin Media's crap internet for us/me stopping updating for the second half. It cut out and has only just come back. Sorry. Well done RM as usual I'm sure.
    Wondered where you went @Paddy17..........what a game to do the thread on.....and when we scored it was all I could do to type the word Goal......as I just wanted to jump out my seat......so I did as soon as I hit 'Post Comment'.......as I said at the time we "won ugly", but thats what top sides do.....with the amount of games we've had in the last few weeks and 2 more coming up in 6 days the lads must be a bit knackered yet they still keep going (and winning), CP has got them giving everything and defeat is not a word they understand. What a great time to be an addicks fan.......what a great manager......what a great team......what a fantastic season!!!!
  • what a great day yesterday, thought something might go for us when sullivan managed to not kick it out of play FOUR times in a row... good times indeed. have run out of superlatives for solly, every time they attacked down the left you felt it was pointless because he stopped it all! great support and brill day out!
  • edited March 2012
    not a good game, thought Arter had scored near the end.

their best player was their left midfielder and guess who he had to get past? Solly is quality, a proper defender.

great celebrations at the end but spolied by the idiot who ran from the home end, over a barrier etc ;)

does a day get any better than this?

> fry up in cafe with son at 0900hrs
    > we get a train with a TABLE from Waterloo to Pokesdown
    > drink ciders
    > into pub with son to watch Arsenal v Liverpool, lagers
    > watch game, win in 92nd min
    > train back with TABLE again
    > watch lads next to us play truth or dare (very funny)
    > home-more beers, look at league table

• edited March 2012
    The difference between this and the last five seasons is that the ball would not have crossed the line, the goal would have been given and Bournemouth would have won one nil.

This is our season, this is our time, it may never come again it may come again ... but whatever it is, take it now and Live, love, laugh and be happy
  • does a day get any better than this?

> fry up in cafe with son at 0900hrs
    > we get a train with a TABLE from Waterloo to Pokesdown
    > drink ciders
    > into pub with son to watch Arsenal v Liverpool, lagers
    > watch game, win in 92nd min
    > train back with TABLE again
    > watch lads next to us play truth or dare (very funny)
    > home-more beers, look at league table

@Macronate................that sounds one good day mate
  • Still cant believe we nicked it yesterday. Mental reaction from all our fans when the ball went in.
    Highly amusing having our fans chanting at each other from both sides of the pitch.
  • Smashed!
    I think you should start a 'Post Match Smashed' thread with stories from a night out in Bournemouth
  • Just loved sitting here listening to all the last minute dramas of the 92nd minute. Don't think there's a single man, woman or child in Sheffield that hasn't conceded that the title is now ours.

If you're having goal problems I feel bad for you son
    I got 92 problems but the pitch aint one...................................
  • Just think how disheartened the sheff utd players must feel....lost to a last minute winner, to then find out we scored a 93rd minute winner....

Priceless