Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth 0 - 1 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Is BWP claiming the goal :-)
  • edited March 2012
    Having spent 90 mins keeping relatively quiet in the home end block next to cafc fans, couldn't hold back when goal went in and ran towards the away end and hurdled a ridiculous barrier to celebrate in our end. Fuck me, adrenaline still pumping. Don't even know who scored
    So that was you! Nice one!!
  • Having spent 90 mins keeping relatively quiet in the home end block next to cafc fans, couldn't hold back when goal went in and ran towards the away end and hurdled a ridiculous barrier to celebrate in our end. Fuck me, adrenaline still pumping. Don't even know who scored
    Quality !!

Great bit of stewarding !!

• Birthday yesterday, what a way to celebrate with 2 away wins in the week. Orient at home could even see us promoted. Even got a table in legends booked to celebrate (hopefully) winning the league for the last home game.
  • i just keep looking at the league table it is an unbelievable thing to be this far clear by the 1st week of march

how far ahead were brighton this stage of the season
  • Love it JT!
  • Fantastic...Job nearly done...2away wins in a week brings in a club record? Another clean sheet...everyone else falling over themselves to catch up...We've earned these good times....Powell knows what it takes...wahooo
    PMSL

• Need to let the others know that we have had our blip. Unfortunately for them, we win when we don't play well. Ha Ha
  • edited March 2012
    i just keep looking at the league table it is an unbelievable thing to be this far clear by the 1st week of march

As of the 5th March, Brighton were 4pts clear of 2nd placed Bournemouth and 8pts clear of 3rd placed Huddersfield. They had 2 games in hand on each.

For a CAFC reference - In the 1999/2000 Championship winning season, we were 12pts clear of 2nd and 13 pts clear of 3rd after 34 games.

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2012
    Having spent 90 mins keeping relatively quiet in the home end block next to cafc fans, couldn't hold back when goal went in and ran towards the away end and hurdled a ridiculous barrier to celebrate in our end. Fuck me, adrenaline still pumping. Don't even know who scored
    Ha, ha. Lucky you, I'd have to run the length of the pitch to join in. Managed to hold it together being sat right behind the goal and I seemed to be the only one to realise that the ref/lino had given a goal in between them leaving early. Thought I was going to burst and didn't see any other obvious Addicks around to share the joy.

TBH given the performance I was well happy with a point and almost felt a bit sorry but for them, well not really, but ultimately they should have taken the (good) chances they had and they wouldn't have been in the position of getting turned over with an injury time winner. Thought back to those games in the Prem' when we would outclass a bigger, better, team for most of the match only for them to steal a late goal and dissappear off with the points. How many times do you see that happen but fortunately in this league we are the Man United!

Don't think Hamer's injury will be a bad one, seemed to tweek his ankle in a scramble about 10 minutes before he went off.
  • i just keep looking at the league table it is an unbelievable thing to be this far clear by the 1st week of march

As of the 5th March, Brighton were 4pts clear of 2nd placed Bournemouth and 8pts clear of 3rd placed Huddersfield. They had 2 games in hand on each.

For a CAFC reference - In the 1999/2000 Championship winning season, we were 12pts clear of 2nd and 13 pts clear of 3rd after 34 games.

how many points paddy did they have

• edited March 2012
    i just keep looking at the league table it is an unbelievable thing to be this far clear by the 1st week of march

On the 5th of March, Brighton had 65pts from 32 games.

After 34 games they had 71pts, so we're 7pts up on them (and a slightly better goal difference).

After 34 games, Curbs and his title winners had 77pts.
  • T'was out and about all afternoon with no internet access. Got back to the car just as we scored. I'm over the moon with that result today. Roll on Tuesday...

On the 5th of March they had 65pts from 32 games.

After 34 games they had 71pts, so we're 7pts up on them (and a slightly better goal difference).

all season last year i said brighton could not maintain their form and were going to implode, to be 7 points better off than them at this stage to nick a phrase from the deluded hoards up nth

is fooking maaasive

• edited March 2012
    Take a look at the 'club records to be broken this season' thread. Statistically we look almost certain to beat every club record except most goals scored (2012 can't quite compete with the good old gung-ho days of 7-6, sadly!)

Yes, it's only division three. But on May 5 we are statistically going to be celebrating Charlton's best season ever.

What a season. What a team. What a manager!
  • Solly was my men of the match as he seemed to be doing Danny Green's work as well. Someone scored, no-one seemed to know who or how as we were too busy being delirious and having a bouncy bouncy love fest. With Lady Luck on our side at long last, the togetherness felt pretty wild.
  • Absolutely brilliant, got so excited almost kissed the wife!
    Been married 33 years so I must have been extremely excited

I Did but only married 13 years.
    Just an utterly brilliant day.
    We really can believe.
    Song needed for for Kermorgent,
    How about the super song.
    it works well me thinks.
    Say we are championship,
    Say we are championship.
  • The scenes amongst the Charlton fans when we scored were absolutely brilliant. The whole place was bouncing! What a way to cure a hangover. Now to hit the town tonight and celebrate! COYR
  • yet another Green assist
  • Sponsored links:

• Cant we have a rendition of the good old favourite Charlton are back on Tuesday night, as I believe we are!
  • Results really went our way today and there is a nice cushion from third.

We have as good a chance as we are likely to get of gaining automatic promotion. It's very much in our own hands.

ONE AIM! COYR!
    He's gone off the boil again. Jordan Rhodes got two today.

smiley lol thing...
  • Reminded me of when Norwich did a job on us the year before last.

Whatever happened to Norwich eh?!

;-)
  • Well done team, players and manager.
    I hope this is the day that we turned a corner and got out of this league.
    and amen to that
  • someone nicked my inflatable sheep
    That's your lovelife over then.

;o)
  • Couldn't listen or go today but delighted at the win as I thought it was one of our toughest away games left, and then to find out all the others dropped points is even better especially as they were ahead at half time.

Another 5/6 wins and we are there. Good times ahead.

• On the M3, We were rubbish, but who cares, we won. Fin
  • The next win takes us over the 80 point mark.

Incredible.
  • We were really poor 2day and Bournemouth played well so I would of been happy with a point but this is what can happen when you don't concede goals. Solly MOM that guys a little Warrior