Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OLDHAM AWAY

Comments

• My son is going with 5 mates ... I'll decide over next couple of weeks.
  • decided to make a weekend of it and stay in liverpool , even better is the fact that 'doves" are playing in the saturday night , lovely.
  • Got a ticket after all, should hopefully be a good day out.
  • Is it true that Oldham doesn't have a railway station in it anymore or in fact anywhere close? What's the best way of getting to the ground other than car at the moment?
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]decided to make a weekend of it and stay in liverpool , even better is the fact that 'doves" are playing in the saturday night , lovely.

me and my mates wanna get liverpool done. You find a cheap hotel yet? most places are fully booked.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Is it true that Oldham doesn't have a railway station in it anymore or in fact anywhere close? What's the best way of getting to the ground other than car at the moment?

Correct. Manchester picadilly and then bus or cab it mate. Apparently pretty close.
  • 20 mins in a cab from manchester city centre,shouldnt be too pricey
  • And loads of buses going back.
  • got our four match tickets.

Just need hotels and train tickets now.
  • hot cakes
  • Sponsored links:

• Henry,

If you can sink as low as the travelodge in Manchester street Oldham its £21 at the moment
  • [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]Henry,

If you can sink as low as the travelodge in Manchester street Oldham its £21 at the moment

I can sink that low for £21
  • TL website saying £46 now. Too late or am I not looking at the right place?
  • maybe but you can only book one night at a time on them, if you try to book two it says not available or increased nightly charge
  • Ticket sales update please Airman? Are these flying out of the door?
  • We stayed at the ramada on portland street about three mins walk from Manc Piccadilly and that cost us £160 for two twins for two nights so £20 a head per night!
  • So we can get upto 3000 for this.

How many have been sold and will they still all be on general sale?

And is the box office open on Monday?
  • edited May 2010
    Oldham railway station is temporarily closed while they convert the line to Metrolink.
    If it helps ......Linky: http://mobile.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/additional_info/OldhamLoop.html

GMPTE Traveline: 0871 200 22 33
    Linky: www.gmpte.com/info

Alternative services

The Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Executive (GMPTE) have strengthened local bus services around the area to provide an improved bus service while this work is being carried out.

A range of information leaflets have been produced by GMPTE to explain about the bus services available. Please click on the following links to open the leaflets (Adobe PDF Reader required):

* Bus times and service levels
    * Bus Ticket and fare information
    * Map of bus services around the 'Oldham Loop'

Future Metrolink services

A map of the new Metrolink network once the redevelopment is complete, including the Oldham Loop and other new lines around Manchester, is available here
    Further information

For further details of services, please contact GMPTE:

GMPTE Traveline: 0871 200 22 33 (calls cost 10p per minute from a landline, calls from mobile phones and non-BT networks may be higher)

http://mobile.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/additional_info/OldhamLoop.html
  • Got 2 tickets for me and miss badger 2 weeks ago, looking forward to this.
  • think i went there once before not sure
  • Sponsored links:

• Going now
  • i'm going , i went there when andy jones missed an absolute sitter .. it may have even been on a plastic pitch
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm going , i went there when andy jones missed an absolute sitter .. it may have even been on a plastic pitch

It was, pretty sure of it. I was there too. Wasn't it on a Friday night or something like that?
  • Who fancies it then and how we getting there?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm going , i went there when andy jones missed an absolute sitter .. it may have even been on a plastic pitch
    It was, pretty sure of it. I was there too. Wasn't it on a Friday night or something like that?
    Def a night game. Remember Jonesy looking round to try and find an excuse for missing from about four yards. Even looked at the 'pitch' for divots. :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Who fancies it then and how we getting there?[/quote]

Me and I`ll drive
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Who fancies it then and how we getting there?
    I'm considering it.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Who fancies it then and how we getting there?

Me and I`ll drive

Ok you've twisted my arm
  • Really want to go but not one of my usual mob can make it, anyone offering a rent-a-friend service? ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    I'm will be flying back from Vienna at 2pm but will be glued to my phone once landed at Heathrow.