Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OLDHAM AWAY

WSSWSS
edited April 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2019097,00.html

Anyone know how many the 'large' section holds?

Comments

• what we laying on free travel?
  • Imagine what a day it will be if we go there still in with a shout of automatic. Fans on the radio/iphone getting the latest scores from other games. Proper last game of the season stuff.
  • They must be confident of being safe by then
  • I will be going to this...if we have a shot of automatics still B-)
  • I like the question mark in the title of the article on the OAFC website.

Does this mean that we'll give the East and West Stands to Leeds fans? ;-)
  • From what i have gathered their away stand has 2 parts to it, they usually only use one. There is a smaller one that holds about 1500 and the second larger section holds 3000. It looks as though we will be having the larger one. Not sure if them asking their fans to move means that we might have the whole stand or just the larger part. I honestly doubt we will take 4500 fans to any away match letalone oldham but if its a proper end of season game who knows.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Anyone know how many the 'large' section holds?
    Away fans are housed in the Rochdale Road Stand at one end of the ground. This stand is split between a larger section on side, which houses 3,000 fans and a smaller section on the other side which houses 1,600 supporters.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/oldham_athletic/
  • They've just got netting dividing the stand. One third roughly is for away fans, the other 2/3s for home fans, which they struggle to fill.

The stand to the right is decimated, just a few advertising hoarding, about 4 steps of terrace and then fields behind.

Weren't many pubs near the ground from memory either, but you've got the whole of Manchester to booze in and to be honest, by the time we got a cab to the ground I doubt our vision would've seen any local pubs anyway.

Decent away game if coupled with a night out in Manchester.
  • [cite]Posted By: route one[/cite]From what i have gathered their away stand has 2 parts to it, they usually only use one. There is a smaller one that holds about 1500 and the second larger section holds 3000. It looks as though we will be having the larger one. Not sure if them asking their fans to move means that we might have the whole stand or just the larger part. I honestly doubt we will take 4500 fans to any away match letalone oldham but if its a proper end of season game who knows.

I think it means we're just getting the larger part which holds 3000. We'd easily take that if we had a chance of promotion on the last day.
    If our fate is decided by then and we're in the play offs (as is likely) then we'll be lucky to take 1000.
  • edited April 2010
    imagine the uproar if that had just gone our OS for the Norwich or Leeds matches
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]They've just got netting dividing the stand. One third roughly is for away fans, the other 2/3s for home fans, which they struggle to fill.

Sounds like Millwall?
  • All we have to do first is get past Colchester, Norwich, Leeds and ..........er......... er....... Super Al

Charlton 4 WHU O
    "I can't take full pleaseure in the result as there are people I love in the other team, who are hurting"
  • just spoken to a huddersfield fan i know, and apparently huddersfield took about 3.9k and leeds took well over 4k. so if we are still in the hunt for 2nd, we could get the whole stand.
  • Operation Boundary Park?
  • The Red Robin - sounds like Charlton too. What are you averaging? 18/19k? In a 27k stadium.

Same with Huddersfield, Leeds, Southampton etc.

It's what happens at this level. If you stay down your average will drop further.
  • Away followings at Oldham (missing Soton)

Leeds 4,151 (m'week)
    Huddersfield 3,909
    Stockport 1,658
    Norwich 1,455
    Carlisle 791
    Tranmere 659 (m'week)
    Brighton 459
    Exeter 335
    Millwall 286
    Hartlepool 268
    Wycombe 267
    Gillingham 263
    Swindon 246
    Colchester 205
    Yeovil 185
    Walsall 182
    MK Dons 180 (m'week)
    Leyton Orient 112 (m'week)
    Brentford 104 (m'week)
  • if automatic riding on it we'll take 3k, if not then less than 1k imo. Don't forget we could be away in the play-offs a week later so fans will opt to skip Oldham, if it isn't important, and go to the play off game. In that respect I hope we get Huddersfield as we'd get a large allocation.
  • If the promotion hinges on this game we will take 3k-4k easily
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]if automatic riding on it we'll take 3k, if not then less than 1k imo. Don't forget we could be away in the play-offs a week later so fans will opt to skip Oldham, if it isn't important, and go to the play off game. In that respect I hope we get Huddersfield as we'd get a large allocation.

def agreed
  • Millwall 286 that's pathetic blah blah blah :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• It is rubbish. Only excuse I can come up with was the game was towards the end of Jan, and with most people getting paid their Jan pay packet before Xmas, most people were absolutely skint by then.

So there!
  • I thought selling scrap metal was cash in hand?
  • also further proof of the lack of interest in Milton Keynes FC considering their promotional aspirations
  • Scrap metal?

Fencing ipods, iphones, blackberrys, satnavs, etc is the way to go nowadays. & those that got all that for christmas were very careful with them first of all, but from mid Feb that's when the half-inching really gets going.

Add to that the usual brisk trade in drugs and anyone can tell you that the stuff coming over during November/December is rubbish, so trade drops somewhat and it's tough to make ends meet.

The plant food was a good little earner though before everyone clocked on that you could buy it online for £12 a g. Bang went my millions as I was knocking it out at the local parks for £20 a g with a free bottle of white lightning.
  • Exeter 335. is impressive considering the size of the club
  • We didnt even sell out Birmingham away 2500ish when we had a chance of automatics in 98.

We will not sell 4500, im not even convinced of 3000

Or even 1500...
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]also further proof of the lack of interest in Milton Keynes FC considering their promotional aspirations

Doesn't say much for Swindon either considering how well they're doing.
  • I think we could take a big following myself...I sense a Operation Boundary lol
  • brighton was pretty poor,oooh ah told me they have terrific away followings.....evidently not on that turnout.
  • edited April 2010
    459 for a non new ground, in a meaningless fixture, from the south coast, as well whilst only having 6k of home fans ...... puts us to shame.. i mean we had 399 at tranmere when we were top of the table this season