Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OLDHAM AWAY

Comments

• not talking about us,but you have talked poxy brighton up,i rember when they played at goldstone they had poxy support then as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]459 for a non new ground, in a meaningless fixture, from the south coast, as well whilst only having 6k of home fans ...... puts us to shame.. i mean we had 399 at tranmere when we were top of the table this season

Think the train were a complete nightmare that weekend, people still on holidays as well
  • I think the club will say that if you are to have any chance of a semi final play off ticket, for the away leg, Oldham will be one of the games you had to have gone to!!!
  • I'll be going and I'll get on the pitch if we win promotion!

E I E I E I O!
  • Nine of us got our train booked for this one already-it would be great if there's something riding on it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I'll be going and I'll get on the pitch if we win promotion!

E I E I E I O!

good idea you'll be banned
  • 700 tickets.....

Lol.
  • How about a party bus to Oldham?
  • Initial surely...
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Initial surely...

Yup:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=35934
  • Sponsored links:

• On General Sale ? Weird, thought there'd be restrictions on this one.
  • can't see there being much of a take up yet. If we are guaranteed a play-off place but can't get automatic it's a nothing game and I for one won't be wasting £50 or whatever on the trip. If nearer the time automatic is still a possibility then that is a completely different matter. Even up to the Leeds game we may only shift 300 or so, after that it may be a mad few days down the box office.
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]On General Sale ? Weird, thought there'd be restrictions on this one.

when we can get over 3,000 tickets ??
  • could probably have upwards of 4k if really necessary, this to me says that the club don't realistically see the game as one we'll need to win to go straight up.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]could probably have upwards of 4k if really necessary, this to me says that the club don't realistically see the game as one we'll need to win to go straight up.

no, what it says is more tickets are available than we will ever need so no restrictions required.
  • To be fair we'd have to win our next four on the spin (or at least 3 wins and 1 draw - but not drawing with either Leeds or Colchester) to have ANY chance of that being a decider... I don't think going into the final day needing a win by X amount of goals and needing everyone else to lose (for a start Millwall have got Swindon last day so min. 1 point for each of them) is going to get us anywhere.
  • I'm pretty sure CAFC have to pay for the "ordered" Tickets, so whats the point of "buying" 4,000+ ?
    Best to just buy what we need as and when ?
  • if we draw tomorrow night then that 700 will probably suffice...
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]when we can get over 3,000 tickets ??

Just thought they normally made the first batch of tickets available to those who qualify under the normal restrictions and any batches which become available after that follow the same process.

Not really issue just wondering what could be read into putting an initial allocation of 700 on general sale - probably what Eltham said !
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]I'm pretty sure CAFC have to pay for the "ordered" Tickets, so whats the point of "buying" 4,000+ ?
    Best to just buy what weneedas and when ?

spot on

if Auto's aren't a possibility, we won't even take 700 IMO... people will be saving their pennies and perhaps working overtime to get time off they didn't bank on booking for play off dates

can't see myself going to Oldham, unless it looks like we are in with a shout/going to play a Northern team in the semi-final... two long trips down south vs Swindon, Colchester, Millwall or even god forbid Southampton will bankrupt me even before a possible final
  • Sponsored links:

• To go up, for play offs, whatever. Its the last away game of the season, get all over it !!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its the last away game of the season, get all over it !!

Wembley is a neutral venue I suppose ;-)
  • Just got a train for £40 return from the coast.

Travel lodge's going for £19 still too.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] Its the last away game of the season

if we're in the play-off's then it isn't is it. I'd rather everyone made the effort to get to Huddersfield or Leeds or Swindon on possibly the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday night or whenever. Much more important.
  • If I remember rightly we could not even take 1k to Blackburn to be crowned Champions in 99.
    And agree with Southend (Brum last day in 98) with a chance of automatic we could not sell out - what an atmosphere though.

Train are going to be a nighmare on the Oldham date. Unless the club do free travel can't see us taking 4k in a million years. Would love to be proved wrong. I think there will be nout riding on the game and in that case if it was not for the fact it's a new ground for many I think we would struggle to shift 500.

I'll be waiting till I know if this game will matter, as the Play-off will not be cheap (esp the final if we made it). My Millwall supporting Father in law paid nearly £90 for his ticket last year against scunny.
  • Any link for the travelodge deal JT? Can't find the deal for any Manchester Travelodge for that weekend.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rufus Reliant[/cite]Any link for the travelodge deal JT? Can't find the deal for any Manchester Travelodge for that weekend.

Nah you're right!

I must have just got the last one..I got the Oldham Manchester street one for 19, but now they're 32.
  • edited April 2010
    We can get a lot more tickets if required. The reason we have not put any restrictions in at this stage is that we do not believe they will be necessary unless the game becomes critical and in that case we may introduce some, but if you are willing to commit early to supporting the team at Oldham then we think you should be able to do so.
  • all fair points in my opinion
  • I cannot see this sellling out, the only thing riding on this game will be where we finish in the play off spots eg 4th or 5th which will not be enough to convince enough people to go with the possibilty of Huddersfield or Leeds away the following week.