Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham - Match Thread

Comments

• Norwich 1 up
  • Swindon 0-1 Norwich
  • have faith gents. we will win this today
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]you surely can't sub a goalkeeper after making an error, he simply has to be injured

he surely must be, unless there was a half time bust up or something?
  • As are Southampton... could do with Swindon losing to be fair at this rate
  • Randolph on?
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Unlucky or not fact is if Charlton are not good enough what can we expect.God help us if we make the play-offs.

lol what a cheery outlook. i'd say we are good enough, and we're a hell of a lot better than gills. I still fancy us in this game
  • Norwich 1-0
  • Is there a link for commentary anywhere?
  • Twitter says "injured" Elliot replaced

To be fair he's had a few injuries this season, wasn't he carrying a groin niggle a couple of matches back?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Swindon 0-1 Norwich

Think I've given up chasing Norwich, hoping they'll put a few more away
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: IA[/cite]Swindon 0-1 Norwich[/quote]

Think I've given up chasing Norwich, hoping they'll put a few more away[/quote]

Norwich are home and dry, IMHO
  • [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Swindon 0-1 Norwich

Think I've given up chasing Norwich, hoping they'll put a few more away

Norwich are gone. If they win 5 or 6 nil I'd be happy
  • I'm afraid I've never rated Shelvey all that highly. If he was any good someone would have snapped him up and we'd have a nice fat cheque sitting in our club's bank account.
  • Fortress Valley???????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • COME ON CHARLTON
  • emma says we haven't lost to gills in league since 1929.
  • Mooney misses 1 on 1.
  • [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]I'm afraid I've never rated Shelvey all that highly. If he was any good someone would have snapped him up and we'd have a nice fat cheque sitting in our club's bank account.

For a 17 year old?

Maybe he knows hes better off at Charlton (well, would have been, had the manager not been a tool) and WANTED to stay?

No, of course not, he didn't bugger off to a big prem club, therefore must be rubbish, nice logic.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]emma says we haven't lost to gills in league since 1929.

...in the league? I remember losing 3-2 away in the cup
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: craigcafc[/cite]Mooney misses 1 on 1.[/quote]

I've renamed him David Pony
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]I'm afraid I've never rated Shelvey all that highly. If he was any good someone would have snapped him up and we'd have a nice fat cheque sitting in our club's bank account.[/quote]

There's always one ...Congratulations your the one
  • we can't lose this one - it's impossible - have faith

wibble
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]emma says we haven't lost to gills in league since 1929.

That's almost as long since we had decent commentry.
  • A 3-2 comeback win would be immense COYR!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]I'm afraid I've never rated Shelvey all that highly. If he was any good someone would have snapped him up and we'd have a nice fat cheque sitting in our club's bank account.

For a 17 year old?

Maybe he knows hes better off at Charlton (well, would have been, had the manager not been a tool) and WANTED to stay?

No, of course not, he didn't bugger off to a big prem club, therefore must be rubbish, nice logic.

Shelvey's got bundles of potential - he's got great vision and a good touch. He's got the stuff that you can't teach. When he gets the stamina and physical presence and the experience he'll be a great player.
  • lol "come on get your finger out"
  • [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]Shelvey's got bundles of potential - he's got great vision and a good touch. He's got the stuff that you can't teach. When he gets the stamina and physical presence and the experience he'll be a great player.

I woudlnt dispute any of that.

I think it's a disgrace he's not on the pitch
  • I've said it before but people don't rate Shelvey because they think he's being compared to players like Rooney. No one is saying he's that good, he's not one of these "wonderkids" that are fantastic, almost world class players at 17/18. He's not a Premier League player yet but he will hopefully be a regular there one day. He's got a lot of the basic things and I don't see why he can't improve in most areas of his game, unlike a lot of players who just don't have certain things to their game and never will.
  • [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]I'm afraid I've never rated Shelvey all that highly. If he was any good someone would have snapped him up and we'd have a nice fat cheque sitting in our club's bank account.

People like you make me laugh. You'll slate Defoe you'll slate Parker all for leaving you to earn more money. Then when someone show's a bit loyalty you slate them cos you want the money.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!