Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham - Match Thread

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Here we go then. COYR!

Comments

• Not great seeing Bailey on the left but I guess Reid is carrying an injury
  • Charlton: Elliot, Richardson, Borrowdale, S Sodje, Dailly; Sam, Semedo, Racon Bailey; Mooney, Burton.

Subs: Randolph, Solly, Llera, Reid, Wagstaff, Shelvey, A Sodje.

Gillingham: Julian; Lewis, Nutter, Dennehy, Richards; Miller, Jackman, Weston, Barcham; Oli, Howe.

Subs: Royce, Payne, Bentley, Maher, Palmer, Jackson, Walker.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Not great seeing Bailey on the left but I guess Reid is carrying an injury

Reid's picked up a hamstring niggle, not to be risked straight from the start.
  • I cannot believe that he hasn't included Shelvey. This game is crying out for a 4-5-1 formation
  • Its Emma :-(
  • Thought we would have made more changes to the line up.
  • Why is Mooney playing today, what is wrong with Parkinson?

Prove me wrong Mooney, this is your chance!
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I cannot believe that he hasn't included Shelvey. This game is crying out for a 4-5-1 formation

The midfield could do with his invention and tenacity - and he's fresh legs at this tome of the season.
  • Please don't spend the entire game talking about this woman
  • Sponsored links:

• Di you come here, did you come here on the bus.

Bloke in the west upper is giving it loads

Coyr
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I cannot believe that he hasn't included Shelvey. This game is crying out for a 4-5-1 formation

Like it matters, with super Mooney on the pitch we'll be 10 up in the first 15mins.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]Thought we would have made more changes to the line up.

4 changes is quite significant - too many changes won't help.
  • cosmetic changes aren't they. Nothing drastic at all. Racon very lucky to stay in side.
  • [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Please don't spend the entire game talking about this woman

I won't - listening to the Gillingham commentary :(
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Please don't spend the entire game talking about this woman[/quote]

I won't - listening to the Gillingham commentary :([/quote]

where's the gills commentary?
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]cosmetic changes aren't they. Nothing drastic at all. Racon very lucky to stay in side.

Totally agree, papering over cracks. Game crying out for 4 5 1 and he's bottled it. Two wingers, Bailey/Shelvey pushing through middle, Mooney at Sparrows Lane. Would have worked a treat.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I cannot believe that he hasn't included Shelvey. This game is crying out for a 4-5-1 formation

Like it matters, with super Mooney on the pitch we'll be 10 up in the first 15mins.

Stu, of course it matters, I want to win and we ain't gonna do it with Pooney up front
  • Emma's alright
  • [cite]Posted By: iainment[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Please don't spend the entire game talking about this woman

I won't - listening to the Gillingham commentary :(

where's the gills commentary?

On CAFCTV.........
  • Sponsored links:

• just click Gillingham at the top instead of charlton
  • come on bailey put one in!!
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]cosmetic changes aren't they. Nothing drastic at all. Racon very lucky to stay in side.

Not sure what you mean?

1) Bringing in a proper left footed left back.

2) Losing 1 winger who's not 100% fit - and replacing him with another.

3) Bringing in Sam Sodje to replace LLera who had a bit of a mare at Millwall.

4) Burton starting, to bring vision, movement and touch to the front line.

I wouldn't consider that cosmetic!
  • how many has burton scored this year?
  • I just think some of our fans have such a negative view on anything parkinson does!
  • [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]how many has burton scored this year?

Not as many as Garry Nelson did in 1993
  • Benty's scored for Sunderland again
  • oh garry garry...
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]I just think some of our fans have such a negative view on anything parkinson does!

Maybe because he's a giant dolt!!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]cosmetic changes aren't they. Nothing drastic at all. Racon very lucky to stay in side.[/quote]

Not sure what you mean?

1) Bringing in a proper left footed left back.

2) Losing 1 winger who's not 100% fit - and replacing him with another.

3) Bringing in Sam Sodje to replace LLera who had a bit of a mare at Millwall.

4) Burton starting, to bring vision, movement and touch to the front line.

I wouldn't consider that cosmetic![/quote]

The left back would have been changed anyway, once a loanee came in, that was obvious.

I'd consider Sodje and Burton as regulars so not surprised he brought them back.

I agree that these changes do improve the side but they are not a response to last weeks poor performance.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!