Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham - Match Thread

Comments

• Very true Oggy. Seems like it could be one of those games though. Keeper plays a blinder, we hit the post then lose our main front man blah blah.
  • [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]Will you all now conclude that we need a fresh start. Parkinson must go. We have no chance what so ever of gaining promotion under this nice man.

we were third in the league before this game started, that's better than what most of the doomglum people were predicting at the start of the season
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Jesus Christ

On the end of a cross?

Don't make me laugh Olly, it really hurts when I laugh.
  • edited March 2010
    It's ok everyone, we're still 4th, almost nailed on for the play-offs, maybe.
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Gillingham have scored twice and listening to Emma I didn't even think the ball was in play on both occasions. She drives me insane. Useless.

Yep, bad defending from Emma.

She's cost us 2 goals.
  • Oh im getting off this i cant stand listening to some of you anti Parkys, wake up and realise the players themselves have no heart, whether its Parkys inept tactical abilites or not!!FFS
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Gillingham have scored twice and listening to Emma I didn't even think the ball was in play on both occasions. She drives me insane. Useless.

Yep, bad defending from Emma.

She's cost us 2 goals.

LOL. Emma would be alright if we had a tele infront of us. And a mute button
  • Yeah, but not playing Jonjo after last week's humiliation doesn't help, does it?

If he isn't clueless, then he needs to stop giving the impression that he is.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Oh im getting off this i cant stand listening to some of you anti Parkys, wake up and realise the players themselves have no heart, whether its Parkys inept tactical abilites or not!!FFS
    They clearly try, but the pressure and expectations get to a lot of them. Even older players like Dailly look a bit nervous.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Oh im getting off this i cant stand listening to some of you anti Parkys, wake up and realise the players themselves have no heart, whether its Parkys inept tactical abilites or not!!FFS

Who signed those players?

Who picked the team?

Who selected the tactics?

Buck stops with Parky, if the players don't have the heart, don't pick them, simple.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]

LOL. Emma would be alright if we had a tele infront of us. And a mute button

She's Uncle's secret fantasy, remember!

;o)
  • I don't like that we're losing, I want us to win
  • It does sound like one of those days but one of those days is happening on most days now... how many one of those days have we had recently? Bristol Rovers and Millwall both spring to mind.
  • Even if true, poor tactics can be overcome (particularly by players who care!), and likely haven't changed all that much since the sunny days earlier this season.

I'm really having a hard time understanding how the players have gone into the tank so completely, save Burton who unfortunately seems just too injury prone to be relied upon. That said, I also don't understand what Shelvey is being saved for.

How's that for arguing both sides?
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]It does sound like one of those days but one of those days is happening on most days now... how many one of those days have we had recently? Bristol Rovers and Millwall both spring to mind.

Wall wasn't "one of those days" - we didn't deserve anything. Sounds like we've been doing alright today and unlucky (read: silly) to be behind
  • [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]I don't like that we're losing, I want us to win

Agree 100%
  • We've been unlucky here.

Don't know who else is watching but we've ad two on the bar. The g goals have been poor defending and lack of challenge in midfield. If we come out strong second half we can still win.

Boos are a bit strong for parky. Pure plyer cock ups. Not on.

Shelvey would turn this game there is a lot of room in the middle of the park.
  • 2 shots on target for the Gills. 1 off target
  • This is a joke. Richardson is so weak in the air. Sam doesn't seem to know how to play on the wing anymore and doesn't want to beat his man. Can't see us scoring unless we get lucky from a dead ball. I wouldn't be surprised if we finish this with 10 men.
  • If the goals are from bad defending and no challenge in midfield, how is that unlucky?
  • Sponsored links:

• gills are complete dogwank. we should still win this regardless of whether elliot makes more mistakes
  • Rumours are that Randolph coming on for Elliot, Darren seen taking jacket off, collecting gloves and running down tunnel.

As I say it's only a rumour, dont shoot me if its wrong!
  • [cite]Posted By: craigcafc[/cite]Rumours are that Randolph coming on for Elliot, Darren seen taking jacket off, collecting gloves and running down tunnel.

As I say it's only a rumour, dont shoot me if its wrong!

If Parkinson wastes one of our 2 subs on changing goalkeepers, he really will prove himself as the biggest moron of all time.

Good god I hope he's unemployed come monday morning.
  • Our missed chances are unlucky.

jonjo is nocking around on tje pitch so he ain't on at half time.
  • If Robbie is coming off he must be injured
  • Elliots off!
  • [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]save Burton who unfortunately seems just too injury prone to be relied upon.

It's not so much Burton is injury prone ....... he's carried a hernia injury since the early days of the season.

Having had a hernia myself, I know this type of injury is best sorted sooner rather later.
    IMO, with keyhole surgery and good facilities, he quite possibly would only been out for 6 weeks.

And now fit and mended.
  • or they have lost confidence in him
  • Unlucky or not fact is if Charlton are not good enough what can we expect.God help us if we make the play-offs.
  • you surely can't sub a goalkeeper after making an error, he simply has to be injured
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!