Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham - Match Thread

Comments

• MOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY!
  • I've always rated that Mooney guy ;-)
  • what a great player Mooney is! nice one
  • What's happening in the game!?
  • Super Super Dave
    Super Super Dave
    Super David Mooney!!!!
  • Well done mooney
  • That Mooney, what a player!
  • DO NOT LET THEM BACK IN IT NOW
  • Now let's concentrate and get the winner! come on lads. hope the valley crowd are up for it now.??
  • Finally. Now another
  • Sponsored links:

• Draw isn't good enough. COYR
  • [cite]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite]That Mooney, what a player!

Mooney should have been subbed at half time, right?
  • that mooney has everything, touch, pace, power, goals
  • hahaha can hear in the background "GET 'IM OFF" after Sam shot instead of passing.
  • "you haven't got a left foot, get him off!" this guy in the background is cracking me up
  • Did you hear the bloke in the background lol
  • Orient 0 Hudds 2

WE NEED THIS WINNER!!!
  • Also well done to Mooney. Hardly any of the fans rate you (nor do I), but fair play for keeping the head down and getting a goal. Please do get another one or three to prove us all wrong. Pretty please
  • "It's not so much Burton is injury prone ....... he's carried a hernia injury since the early days of the season.

Having had a hernia myself, I know this type of injury is best sorted sooner rather later.
    IMO, with keyhole surgery and good facilities, he quite possibly would only been out for 6 weeks.

And now fit and mended. "

Couldn't figure out how to quote from previous page...well, not bothered right this minute.

You're right...poor choice of words on my part.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I've said it before but people don't rate Shelvey because they think he's being compared to players like Rooney. No one is saying he'sthatgood, he's not one of these "wonderkids" that are fantastic, almost world class players at 17/18. He's not a Premier League player yet but he will hopefully be a regular there one day. He's got a lot of the basic things and I don't see why he can't improve in most areas of his game, unlike a lot of players who just don't have certain things to their game and never will.

Shelvey is gradually de-skilling himself playing with the shower that Parky currently picks.
  • Sponsored links:

• according to emma we are allowed to boo the players. helps to motivate them.
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]I'm afraid I've never rated Shelvey all that highly. If he was any good someone would have snapped him up and we'd have a nice fat cheque sitting in our club's bank account.

People like you make me laugh. You'll slate Defoe you'll slate Parker all for leaving you to earn more money. Then when someone show's a bit loyalty you slate them cos you want the money.

Unlde Im fully with you. Young JonJo has all the talent to be a great player and a bit more experience as he matures will confirm this. I'm glad he has shown loyalty and not done a Parker or a Defoe. Cant understand what hes got to do to get in the side tbh!!
  • MK 0 Southampton 2
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]according to emma we are allowed to boo the players. helps to motivate them.

Worked on Mooney.

Just kidding, well played that man, see if you can get another to win this for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]according to emma we are allowed to boo the players. helps to motivate them.

Well at least she's talking about the match, right?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I've said it before but people don't rate Shelvey because they think he's being compared to players like Rooney. No one is saying he'sthatgood, he's not one of these "wonderkids" that are fantastic, almost world class players at 17/18. He's not a Premier League player yet but he will hopefully be a regular there one day. He's got a lot of the basic things and I don't see why he can't improve in most areas of his game, unlike a lot of players who just don't have certain things to their game and never will.

Shelvey is gradually de-skilling himself playing with the shower that Parky currently picks.
    You don't even rate him though, surely you didn't think he had much skill in the first place?
  • What's thhe crowd sound like now? Singing and willing them on or tense?
  • come 0n lads!!
  • "Mooney is so good at holding up the ball and bringing others into play". Decent maybe, but Burton is quite a bit better.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Also well done to Mooney. Hardly any of the fans rate you (nor do I), but fair play for keeping the head down and getting a goal. Please do get another one or three to prove us all wrong. Pretty please

He looked quite a good signing when he played against Millwall at home earlier in the season, maybe this is what he needs to get back to that
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!