Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• Saw on SSN that both parties have now issued statements indicating that this is likely to go through. I still can't believe it
  • I cant believe it either VMcM. From Newcastle to Charlton... chalk and cheese surely?
  • I was in Floyds and turned over to the Sports News at ten to five as some customers left, and there was the Addicks badge and some geezer talking about arabs and takeovers. I actually went hot and cold, and then shivery. This doesn't happen to us! Although I have been telling anyone who cares to listen that we are a good bet for investors for a long time.

End of an era, but the start of something exciting.
  • Jesus Christ, I crashed out for an afternoon siesta and just woke up to this.

AND missed my chance to be on the box!

I really don't know what to make of this, but it's both exciting and scary.
  • Anyway, earlier today I was posting about Ray Treacy's 35 yard wonder goal at Selhurst Park in 1969 and ........hello, anybody still there....????

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]

I really don't know what to make of this, but it's both exciting and scary.

I think that's the consensus
  • i think its was Winston Churchill that said " if we eliminate all lifes risks , life seases to be worth living "
  • You sure you aint been on the plonk GH
  • I was oblivious to all this, just got a text from my sister. Jesus effin' Christ! Agree with the Inspector completely...
  • not out here SHG maybe in a few weeks
  • Sponsored links:

• Forgot you was on your secret mission......Well done by the way
  • Serves me right for doing work all day! Fecking hell, out of the blue or what.
  • The arab fellas are saying nice things about CAFC now - it looks encouraging...
  • i dont know guys. i wanto be excited and want to see my club at the best it can be but cafc isnt a toy. i mean we have all had our pops at chelsea/ciy etc.. football has become a circus lately. would be quite funny to see a few thousand x spurs, gills, millwall, "fans" singing for for us when we sign rooney;=] im more worried than excited.
  • Out of the desert actually.....;-)
  • DONT TELL THEM ABOUT OUR AWAY SUPPORT!!!!
  • I am excite about propect of big monies is niiiice me like very much!
  • Carlsberg enjoy the moment fella
  • I know what you are saying Carlsberg, but when I think about the prospect of us being back in the prem and even having a chance of making the push that we were never quite able to do under Curbs (though we came close) - it makes me quite excited. I think I might squeal again.

It certainly looks a better prospect than being a selling club in the credit crunch and flirting with league one!
  • Curbs back as manager?!
  • Sponsored links:

• lets give Pards a fair crack eh fellas
  • Was in work. Didn't really bother checking much on here today. About 5.15 I saw this thread and thought it was bumbped from ages ago.

Can't believe it.
  • I am officially a plastic fan! Getting my season ticket in August after a 3 year AWOL period!
  • edited October 2008
    :-) Still can't believe it!
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]I know what you are saying Carlsberg, but when I think about the prospect of us being back in the prem and even having a chance of making the push that we were never quite able to do under Curbs (though we came close) - it makes me quite excited. I think I might squeal again.

It certainly looks a better prospect than being a selling club in the credit crunch and flirting with league one!

I feel that excitement too but at the same time I can't help but think that the reality will be that I will be priced out of being able to afford to go and enjoy it.

Still at least I have lived long enough to see premiership football at The Valley live when we were there before and I am grateful for that.

Thank you Richard Murray and Alan Curbishley.
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]i dont know guys. i wanto be excited and want to see my club at the best it can be but cafc isnt a toy. i mean we have all had our pops at chelsea/ciy etc.. football has become a circus lately. would be quite funny to see a few thousand x spurs, gills, millwall, "fans" singing for for us when we sign rooney;=] im more worried than excited.

Great minds eh And?

I'm well dubious, sorry to piss on the parade but I am really worried and if I'm honest borderline emotional.

How much would a big development at the site of the ground be worth? You think we moan at the moment? Wait until Burnley go in at half time 1 up.

I hope and hope it turns into something special but I wallop 'money' clubs and it would really pain me to see us go arabamericana

Fingers crossed.
  • first post I have seen thats on a downer Len. Our board wont sell to a bunch of money grabbers.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]first post I have seen thats on a downer Len. Our board wont sell to a bunch of money grabbers.

Not a downer exactly, more a fear of the unknown.
  • look the World has gone f**kin mad in the last two weeks ----- why shouldnt we join in ?