Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]its official now on Sentana,off to the ground now

See u in about an hour
  • feck it i thought it was a done deal,i,ve ringing millwall and palace fans for the last hour,please please make sure this happens.
  • nice one Brunello
  • Be careful what you wish for. If they do buy the club I hope they remember this is Charlton and not Dubai international f c, do we want to lose are heart and soul, that which makes you a charlton fan. For those of you looking at the material side then look no further than QPR 50%+ ticket rises. I am just an average blocke and one of the great thing about supporting Charlton is that it has kept football within the price range of the average working punter. Will this Dubai lot care about us, or the prawn sandwich brigade.
  • it will happen it has to happen please let it happen
  • [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]Be careful what you wish for. If they do buy the club I hope they remember this is Charlton and not Dubai international f c, do we want to lose are heart and soul, that which makes you a charlton fan. For those of you looking at the material side then look no further than QPR 50%+ ticket rises. I am just an average blocke and one of the great thing about supporting Charlton is that it has kept football within the price range of the average working punter. Will this Dubai lot care about us, or the prawn sandwich brigade.

Very good point.
  • I'll start eating prawn sandwiches if it means it goes through. ;-)
  • This is Northstandultra on Maria's login :0)
    I'm stunned, I'm shaking and I can't believe this could be happening.

Kaka anyone :0)
  • Please, please let this not be a wind up. Now where did i put that share certificate.
  • tea towels everyone?
  • Sponsored links:

• on ssn now
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Please, please let this not be a wind up. Now where did i put that share certificate.

yeah, how much are they gonna be worth now ??
  • 200 camels and barrel of oil
  • Well, it's on all the news channels now, so no doubt something is happening.

We just have to wait and see if the Formal Offer will be made. Anyone on here have any idea of the timeframe for this sort of thing?
  • You pop away for a couple of days of quiet golf........ :-)

Gonna be a long weekend i think. Statement of intent, but nothing signed.

Won't get too carried away until it is.

Bookies have slashed our odds on promotion already though.
  • I dont want to sell my shares theres to much history attached to them
  • Seeeeeeeeeeeee Goonerhater is in the land of Sand 3 weeks and its all sorted !!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Seeeeeeeeeeeee Goonerhater is in the land of Sand 3 weeks and its all sorted !!!

Cheers mate
  • edited October 2008
    sheikh goonerhater
  • 172 comments in an hour, it's even more than we get for a match thread!
  • Sponsored links:

• ....If this deal goes through I'm gonna tear up my season ticket......(after we have won the premiership and European Championship, a few times!).
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]You pop away for a couple of days of quiet golf........ :-)

Gonna be a long weekend i think. Statement of intent, but nothing signed.

Won't get too carried away until it is.

Bookies have slashed our odds on promotion already though.

yeah but get the feeling that that statement was put out as they had been rumbled. Wouldn't surprise me if due diligence had been done already.
  • will we be forced to sell our shares ? I quite like having mine.
  • From a newcastle forum:

T"he story that is coming out now is that the company taking over Charlton are Zabeel investments, the company who were trying to do a deal with fatlad. Fcuking sickened!

SSN now saying that Swiss Tony might be involved in the deal and that explains his departure. If this is true, then would would have to assume that he has been working on that deal for a few weeks, all the while being an NUFC employee, who should be getting us a buyer."
  • edited October 2008
    is was easy i said to the Sheik " i know a good place in woolwich u can get a cheap burkha"

PS all together now "were all going on a middle east tour" o shit i already am !!
  • Large they only need to get a majority of shared or over 30% i think all the little share holders dont add up to a tiny fraction on the total
  • Well I guess thats all we`re gonna get in way of news for a few days. Gonna be a frustrating few days until we find out one way or the other. exiting though innit.
  • premier league footie a priority according to ssn
  • shall i bring a few hundred Arab head dresses back with me ?
  • i will have 2 GH (seriously me and my little un) i will meat you in the liberal or cons