Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• Once they sign on the dotted line and handed over the cash I'm gonna go out and have myself a large donor kebab (with salad) and to hell with my new year's resolution and my clorestrial level!
  • Tavern has just been interviewed by Sky Sports
  • My mate has just read the official stock exchange paperwork - this is NO windup!
  • wot did he say AFKA ?

"beeeeeeeeeeeeeee mob "
  • It gonna be on BBC1 news in a minute
  • I know we shouldn't count our chickens until/if a bid is made....

But I have been running around squealing like a girl for the last few minutes.

Ahem.
  • Bloody hell... thats a complete shock.
    Ben hayes on sky sports now....not wearing a cardigan though :)
  • Very disappointed at the lack of a cardie from Henry...... :0)
  • Good interview by Henners there
  • Ben Hayes really should keep his eyes on the camera ha ha!
  • Sponsored links:

• great champions league here we come - Ronaldo - aguera - gerrard - who will we be linked with,

HAHAHAHAHA
  • it's like Christmas in the swisdom house!

I think I just did a little bit of wee
  • I know this is probably the way that the Club had to go and i trust them to sell to the right people but i'm far from being as excited as some are on here. I'm hoping for the best but share similar worries that somerton raised.
  • this is f**king brilliant.....bring on the money !
  • agree with mart. Plenty can go wrong whether it goes through or not - just a different set of problems...
  • Very exciting news but how foolish do I feel? Only 2 days ago I was arguing at work about Platini having some valid points about English sides losing their identity with so many foreigners and foreign owners. but sod that I'm a fickle so let's have the cash
  • On the mega plus side, my local will probably be able to start showing every one of our games on the dodgy arab feed !!!
  • Matt this is CAFC its always been a roller coaster ride no one knows what if anything will actually happen but hey its a buzz something we aint had for a good while.
  • Anybody heard from Budgie today ? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Anybody heard from Budgie today ? ;-)

and Son of Selhurst - shhhhhh
  • Sponsored links:

• LOADSAMONEY!

Oh how sweet, I remember not long ago Chelsea fans giving it, brandishing their wallets etc. Oh dear, they're relative paupers compared to us now if this turns out to be true and these guys put in even a small percentage of their £200bn wealth.

I'm still in shock, God I hope it doesn't go t*ts up, hopefully very exciting times ahead!
  • They don't have 200Bn wealth. That's something like their total trading (if you spend two hundred quid in the pub over the weekend and have thirty quid left your total wealth isn't £230, right??). They're rich but not in the Man City bracket. Anyway, let's wait and see what happens and try and not make shit up. I kind of hope it comes off, though I was fairly happy at the lower plastics quotient recently, and like everything Waggot has done with the club, so blessings may be mixed.
  • Tavern's on the telly, Tavern's on the telly :0)

Still Northstandultra by the way :0)
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]LOADSAMONEY!

Oh how sweet, I remember not long ago Chelsea fans giving it, brandishing their wallets etc. Oh dear, they're relative paupers compared to us now if this turns out to be true and these guys put in even a small percentage of their £200bn wealth.

I'm still in shock, God I hope it doesn't go t*ts up, hopefully very exciting times ahead!

Half the Chelsea fans I know had to give up their season tickets as they couldn't afford the inflated prices. That's what concerns me.
  • they may not be rich as the man ciehh mob but they are rich enough for me.

oh lord let this go through
  • Sitting here eating my dinner and then Rothko pops up on the telly.... followed by Tavern. Well done lads... Charlton an up and coming area Tav? Nearly spat my pasta out!!! ;-)
  • This is mad,

Got to be a good thing though ?
    Might price out the average low incomed fan, that's what im worried about.
  • u watch mate tavern will doing clothes catalogues next !
  • As a cultural exercise maybe they could buy The Royal Oak and Horse Groom?

After all, The Horse did used to show Arabic TV most Saturdays. . . .
  • Right that's it - With all the full houses we're gonna get, Charlton Life to buy The Horse and Groom, food bar outside selling camel burgers. Credit crunch, what credit crunch?

We might even get the ground finished now!