Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• do they think we play in Black and White stripes ??
  • Ahhhhhhhhhh.

I'm so exicted but I just know within a year the company taking us over will go bust.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]do they think we play in Black and White stripes ??

lol
  • just quoting what SSNews have said....
  • edited October 2008
    The OS is buggered, normally i sign that something is going on!

Wonder if Pardew if having de ja vu?
  • Prophet of doom WSS!......lol
  • what are my CAFC shares worth now :)
  • Hold on a sec peeps.

but flippety heck!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]The OS is buggered, normally i sign that something is going on!

Wonder if Pardew if having de ja vu?

too many peopls trying to access it
  • Wow, how exciting is that?!! Let's wait & see the details first before we get TOO carried away though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pards could be in real danger. The pay off on his contract will be peanuts to them and they might want someone with a higher profile.
  • edited October 2008
    I was convinced this was a wind-up, but the official site appears to be struggling, so now I'm not so sure.
  • how fecking unreal is this i am so happy if this comes off all those years of the pish being ripped out of us being a little pisspot team

please let this be true
  • can see this coming off
  • I see you're on LookOut - don't let it crash...
  • It is true people!!!!
  • From OS:
    The board of Charlton Athletic plc announced on Friday that it has received an indicative cash offer from Zabeel Investments, a Dubai-based diversified investment company.

The indicative offer is subject to a number of preconditions, including due diligence. However, it is at a level at which, should the offer be made formally to shareholders, the board would recommend shareholders to accept it.

There is, however, no certainty that a formal offer will be made.

Zabeel Investments had been looking at the opportunity to invest in a leading English football club and had been monitoring the situation at Charlton closely.
  • Told you, this is a moment, something to tell your grandkids "when I were a lad, you wont remember the internet lad, but I was there when we got taken over"

They wont believe you LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Despite being approached by various English football clubs, as well as a number of well-known clubs in Europe and South America, Zabeel Investments believes Charlton is the right club for them.

The board will keep the shareholders, fans and employees updated with any further developments.

Derek Chappell, plc chairman, and Richard Murray, chairman of the football club, commented: "The board firmly believes that a successful outcome for this transaction would be beneficial to shareholders and employees of Charlton, all fans of the club and the local community as a whole.”

Mohammed Al Hashimi, executive chairman of Zabeel Investments, added: "We feel now is the right time to make a strategic, long-term investment in Charlton and get Charlton back to the English Premier League where the club belongs.

"The passion of the fans at Charlton, the heritage of the club and the unique status it enjoys in the community make it an exciting proposition for us.”

For the purposes of the takeover code, this announcement has been made with the consent of Zabeel Investments.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]The Hamsters don't like the news ... lol

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?3023350%7C%7C1%7C%7C

It's amazing how so many of them hate lil ole Charlton. I thought they hated Millwall
  • Zabeel Investments

These guys are big!

Zabeel Investments
  • loads of bleating and envy from the waning hamsters ha ha haa...
  • where is AFKA??? hahah
  • Just spoken to him B..

"He's Excited"
  • edited October 2008
    Looks like they had talks with the Toon at some point

We're in the money
  • Hold your fire until anything gets confirmed.

Oh how Mortain & co will eat up some of these comments if it does not go through...
  • BTW- Well spotted Ross who started the thread..............
  • I can't beleive this is happening!