Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• I reckon even if we get taken over we will still be shite so....
  • Arghhhhhhh Fucking rumours piss me off!
  • See who is in the directors box tomorrow.

Any potential new owners would be there
  • why are people so excited about a takeover by persons unknown? I admit it's fun hoping for a Man City style scenario but I'd say there's more than a 50% chance that we'll end up in a worse situation....
  • i am 3 seats away from the directors box so will keep em peeled
  • All I care about is charlton I couldn't give two figs about Dan roan I certainly wouldn't be stupid enough to blame him if it something fell through. We are in the lowest league for years with a team and manager who in my opinion are underperforming and all I want them and the board thinking about is how to sort the playing side out. We have already had people asking for the board to comment on the subject. If Dan roan has heard something and maybe he has then I would expect that the players and the mgmt to have heard whispers aswell.

That's the way football goes we don't need it right now.

Do we need investment yes we do everyone associated with us know that. I just want whatever needs to happen to happen and tell us once its done
  • Someone post a picture of Sainsbury
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]why are people so excited about a takeover by persons unknown? I admit it's fun hoping for a Man City style scenario but I'd say there's more than a 50% chance that we'll end up in a worse situation....

Could be right

It definitely doesn't seem like a big money Man City (or even Southampton) style takeover if it is true
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Someone post a picture of Sainsbury
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Someone post a picture of Sainsbury[/quote][div id=Attachments_802714 class=Attachments][ul][div]JS.jpg[/div][/ul][/div][/quote]

Too predictable ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• watermill26.jpg

The bloke is sainsbury
  • As a Sainsbury's employee I've heard nothing yet. But things are stirring in aisle 5...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]@DiscoEnergy I can't say yet and have been asked not to by certain parties involved - sorry - realise it's frustrating but there's reasons is his latest comment.... own up .. who messaged him??[/quote]

Me lol
  • With all the speculation about Seb Sainsbury (Great-grandson of the founder Sainsbury's) and a lifer saying a while back that he was trying to raise funds - it aint out of the question that he's used his contacts and approached Qatar Investments (current owner of Sainsbury's) is it?
  • Dan Roan is our friend......
  • NLA it was only a bit of fun, I probably should have followed it up with the smiley winky thing
  • That's ok mate I said the other day I have turned into a miserable bstd
  • edited October 2010
    Really? I hadn't noticed

Edit

;-)
  • you must be the only one

i need happy al to come along so i have someone to point and laugh at
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]That's ok mate I said the other day I have turned into a miserable bstd

Oi !
  • Sponsored links:

• Your mog I am mob sorry I should've asked first
  • Seb Sainsbury is a Hedge Fund Manager.

The Sainsbury family is mainly known for supporting the Norwich area.
  • [cite]Posted By: Crusty54[/cite]Seb Sainsbury is a Hedge Fund Manager.
    Our two saviours: Benson and Hedges.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Crusty54[/cite]Seb Sainsbury is a Hedge Fund Manager.
    Our two saviours: Benson and Hedges.

You know having a Hedge as one of the substitutes might not be a a bad idea, whenever we go 3-0 up we could wheel it on & put it in front of Docherty & Fortune. That would stop the opposition in their tracks.

portahedge_6.jpg
  • Just got CAFC bulletin.... and the word takeover is mentioned!
  • I know this is going off topic on this thread but does anyone on here have any insider knowledge of this takeover? I find it a little hard to believe that a journalist leaked this and not one of those here with inside contacts didn't know anything. Surely now it is out in the open someone can at least say whether this is an actual possibility or not
  • edited October 2010
    nla is reliably informed that it is rubbish. Tho im not sure how reliable his source is.
  • Hello East Terrace I got that as well.. i thought that was odd....... i know it is in relation to parky asking fans to make it intimidating...... the only way you could use the takeover comment would be as "come on charlton fans lets "takeover" (oppo) away ground and make it sound like a home ground with singing etc etc.. You would never "takeoever" your own ground... Maybe that has slipped out "intentionally" and we will hear something today and they are using this as a gee up !!
  • I think we will get taken over this season , remember if Gold and Sullivan had not bagged the Hammers then we were next on the list. I am grateful that Murray has not sold us to just anyone.

Murray knows that every season outside the CCC decreases our value , but compared to other clubs outside the Prem nearby Dagenham , Leyton Orient , Millwall and Palace we offer better potential to a future owner in the long term irrespective of league position. One season could see League positions change.

I started supporting Charlton in the 70's and when in the Third tier we would get average crowds around 5 and 6 Thousand . If we nudged it up to 8 , that was seen as good. Now we're disappointed by 13,000 . I know there were exceptions to this such as the Preston game when we got promoted in 75 .

The real success of back to the Valley campaigns can only be seen now. Up until four years ago we had always been doing well so the club has grown because of this . We are a different and bigger club now to the one I started supporting when playing at this level.

Despite our poor position our gate against Brighton still attracted more than Palace could against Millwall ( I suspect Milwall's away following matched Brighton's and if anything possibly exceeded it). Millwall havent attracted better crowds than us yet and the New Den's capacity is under 20 0000.

I suspect something is going to happen , I only hope it is sooner rather than later.
  • Normally very reliable