Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]B

It is all gossip from 1 line on twitter no substance behind it until i see with my own eyes substance to support it i will believe that it is a crock of shite with no legs

Zabeel really pissed me off this time i wont believe anything till it happens

If Dan Roan had any substance then he shouldve put his story up in my view these stoopid comments can unstablise players and mgmt and are very un helpful considering if we dont go up we could be screwed.

I am sure it could also be used as ammo for the current crop of anti board haters as another one that they fuked up

Do you really think players and management are so fragile that they let rumours from a few message boards de-stailise them?

By co-incidence I spent a week in a large national company a fortnight ago. The week before it had been announced that a multi-national company had bought them (subject to EU approval). Was it the main topic of conversation? Yes. Were some people concerned/uncertain/worried? Yes, all three. OK that was fact not rumour but that is in some ways worse. At least that firm knew who was buying them out.

If new owners come in do you expect them to fund new players and maybe get a new manager? I'd guess most of us would want the first and quite a few the second. How could that NOT be unsettling for the current staff?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]SO NLA you have no source to say that it has no legs.

Its just the way you said, you made it sound like you knew that as fact.

I have been reliably informed it is all ballcox but i also believe what i said b
  • I am with NLA.......can't see anything in this.......so journalist looking to get more people visiting his site to get his raanking up on search engines
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]SO NLA you have no source to say that it has no legs.

I have been reliably informed it is all ballcox but i also believe what i said b

Link please?

;-)
  • Could be but we are not exactly one of the larger followings,surely he would choose a higher profile club to get a lot of people interested.
  • I think takeover talks have disrupted every single club that has been involved in them, and it is un helpful if Dan roan had something to report then why not come out and say

I am reliably informed that CAFC are going to be subject of a take over x business led by mr x is involved and that we should see more in the forth coming days

has anyone tweeted him to ask him for an explaination

if yes why has he not responded just look how quick the talk of the fella who wanted to takeover liverpool turned into a link with the take over
  • If you want the truth you won't find it here, it is on the original TAKEOVER thread, you heard it there first. It is somewhere around post 2100 FACT.
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I am with NLA.......can't see anything in this.......so journalist looking to get more people visiting his site to get his raanking up on search engines

surely he wouldnt choose charlton!?!
    has anyone tweeted him to ask him for an explaination
    Yes
    if yes why has he not responded just look how quick the talk of the fella who wanted to takeover liverpool turned into a link with the take over
    I don't know! Mind you, there are a few clues. He's a journalist. He hasn't tweeted since about 12:00. It's Friday. The pubs are open...
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]I am with NLA.......can't see anything in this.......so journalist looking to get more people visiting his site to get his raanking up on search engines

surely he wouldnt choose charlton!?!

Well Charlton Athletic was trending on Twitter only last week!
  • Sponsored links:

[cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]SO NLA you have no source to say that it has no legs.

so you must have been informed by a member of the cafc board then. now there are less of them involved i'm sure they appreciate you commenting on it on a website.

if you dont like the takeover talk - why you reading a thread about it and getting involved?
  • dan is now having a few jars down the boozer having a giggle with his mates telling them that he got 284 followers today.... he didn´t win the bet though...
  • [cite]Posted By: alicanteman[/cite]dan is now having a few jars down the boozer having a giggle with his mates telling them that he got 284 followers today.... he didn´t win the bet though...
  • I bet Dan Roan's got Take That tickets.
  • Why if you wanted to drum up a following through false takeover talk would you choose us though? Doesn't make sense.

For the full article including graphs and pictures read the official/proper takeover thread rather than this low rent version.

This is the i to the Independent, the real stuff is on the other one, rather than rumour and cheap headline shots interspersed with ads for 'AFKA's piles treatments' etc. You know it makes sense subscribe to the real news and the original TAKEOVER thread, for every post you make, 0.0000001p goes to a starving housing benefit claimant in New Cross, (plus the majority of your taxes of course).
  • I'm an official boy.

Notice how the "official" thread broke the news of this baseless news first. Clearly this is the place to be to find out what's actually going on. Not that Deptford market, 2 bob thread.

Love how the unofficial lads keep coming onto this thread to drum up interest in their pirate news feed.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

so you must have been informed by a member of the cafc board then. now there are less of them involved i'm sure they appreciate you commenting on it on a website.

if you dont like the takeover talk - why you reading a thread about it and getting involved?

no it was not from a board member it was from someone else where they got it from i have no idea but i trust their judgment.

I am reading it because i read all stuff on here and if i think its nonsense then i say so

If any one thinks that people rumour mongering will bring anything good to our situation they are nutts

If Dan Roan had any info then why not announce what he knows and why do it via Twitter as " Respected BBC Journo" then why has he not run with the story

Either it is not true or it Is tell the whole story or tell nothing at all.

Look at whats come out so far

QIT
    Kenny whots his name
    Sainsbury's

all of this if it fails to turn into anything substancial will give bullets to those who already have ran out of patience with the board at charlton more ammo to throw at them

It will cause whispers within the team and the mgmt at a time when we need their focus on the shite performances they are putting our way especially at home

Not one take over rumour or deal that has been done at any club has stabilised performance,

What if there was a contract with potential new investment with confidenciality clauses and if something came out too soon they decided to walk away

we are this season away from a massive problem if we dont go up we are screwed royally, Muzza wont find another 7mil out of his pocket to keep us afloat again, we have no more people willing to write of debt to enable us to stay afloat.

IF Dan Roan had wrote a piece on what he knows instead of a tweet then i could understand it but for all this to go on the basis of 2 lines it is ridiculous and unhelpful.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]If Dan Roan had any info then why not announce what he knows

Isn't this what he's done ?

Surely by stating it on his own Twitter account he's staked his professional reputation on there being some truth in it ? Doesn't make it true, but you can't say the bloke hasn't broadcast it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• You forgot the russian link in your summary, and the CIA, I don't know about anyone else but I think there is something in you doing that, we should be told.
  • When asked 'how he find this out' he replied...'I can't say yet and have been asked not to by certain parties involved - sorry - realise it's frustrating but there's reasons'
    http://twitter.com/danroan
    I wonder who those 'certain parties' are?
  • @DiscoEnergy I can't say yet and have been asked not to by certain parties involved - sorry - realise it's frustrating but there's reasons is his latest comment.... own up .. who messaged him??
  • I think parky started it 2 knock the do you think Parkinsons a good manager thread to the bottom
  • Still not sure why he would mention charlton other than to send people to the proper official thread which is now closing in on the magic 3000 posts, perhaps he can earn more kudos from being involved with that? Go there to find out the truth.
  • Oddily enough I have a sneeky feeling that we ARE about to be taken over... what suprised me was that NO-ONE has put any links anywhere in any paper etc.. not even the SLP.... Maybe SLP are aware of it and don't want to get it wrong again and wait for it to be confirmed. The reason why I think it is about to be done as purely and simple that we have been very close to be taken over only to fall through at the latest moment. There were 2 parties last year of which was showing an interest for approx 8 months.... just maybe now that our finances are out in the open and less management for proepect to deal with they have finally got over the line
  • edited October 2010
    See even the bloke himself has been asked to keep quiet. Proof that you should keep your gob shut until its done. I expected to be told there's nothing in it even if there is by the person i queried it with. Rumours don't make these things happen if anything they cause issues that are not needed.

All i am asking is for people like dan roan to be responsible and respect the clubs postition we are very needy of cash rght now lets not fook anything up and just wait no one will be more pleased than me to see some much needed cash and a new chapter open on our footballing horizon.
  • NLA looks like you got your scapegoat lined up for when it falls through
  • I think we all going to wake up tomorrow and have takeover complete lol.
  • I have heard a rumour that it is actually a rumour started by Murray himself to head off a rumoured protest against Parky if we lose tomorrow as has also be rumoured elsewhere.