Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]My latest info on SS was that he didn't get the loan he was working towards due to technical rules about loans and trusts, but that he is still keen to purchase the club and is going down another route (I don't know what this is before anybody asks). if there is a runour of imminent takeover, I doubt it is him though.

Bank Robbery is the other route
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]My latest info on SS was that he didn't get the loan he was working towards due to technical rules about loans and trusts, but that he is still keen to purchase the club and is going down another route (I don't know what this is before anybody asks). if there is a runour of imminent takeover, I doubt it is him though.

So he can't borrow enough money to buy us when the Club was sold for £2 a few week ago.

Doesn't inspire confidence that, just as at Leeds, he seems unable to raise the purchase price.

How will he be able to put the money in to stabilise the Club and invest enough to move it forward?

Or does he want to do what Hicks/Gillett and the Glaziers have done and try to get CAFC to pay for him to buy the Club? Maybe he thinks he can make a quick killing if we go up. Either way doesn't sound like someone I would want running my Club.

New investment yes please, any old chancer, no thanks.
  • Dan Roan hasn't yet said who the proposed bidder was. Everyone here seems to have put two and two together and assumed Dan Roan's comment must somehow have referred to Sainsbury. Not necessarily the case.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Dan Roan hasn't yet said who the proposed bidder was. Everyone here seems to have put two and two together and assumed Dan Roan's comment must somehow have referred to Sainsbury. Not necessarily the case.

And that's assuming that Dan Roan is correct that a deal is close.
  • If anything's gonna be announced, it'll appear here

Takeover Panel
  • Is Dan Roan MuttleyCAFC? Has anyone seen them in the same room?
  • hopefully with the money we can pick up these gems to bang in the goals for us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAokyA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUwn4nA2gQ&feature=fvw
  • Dan has gone a bit quiet of late hmm................
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Dan has gone a bit quiet of late hmm................

Disco needs to tweet him,he's refusing mine
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Dan has gone a bit quiet of late hmm................

He's talking about Lee Westwood today. Maybe Westwood/a Worksop consortium are going to buy the club.
  • Taxi for Denis Wise then, IA ?
  • Maybe, maybe

FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Dan has gone a bit quiet of late hmm................

He's talking about Lee Westwood today. Maybe Westwood/a Worksop consortium are going to buy the club.

Perhaps he's a closet Glazier on a wind up!!
  • He has loads on money but in trust - you need money upfront to buy a club - Hence the loan - Fell foul of financial hurdles but don't assume he doesn't have money because you are ignorant of how things work, and I understand he is still keen to buy the club. Lots of very wealthy people borrow to buy a club. What I have said is true - but if I find anything more out I'm not saying any more - I wanted to share info I had with fellow fans, won't bother in future.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I understand he is still keen to buy the club.
    When did he tell you this?
  • I'm not saying anymore- you make your own things up.
  • edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]He has loads on money but in trust - you need money upfront to buy a club - Hence the loan - Fell foul of financial hurdles but don't assume he doesn't have money because you are ignorant of how things work, and I understand he is still keen to buy the club. Lots of very wealthy people borrow to buy a club. What I have said is true - but if I find anything more out I'm not saying any more - I wanted to share info I had with fellow fans, won't bother in future.

Chill, everyone would love to believe you but the pain of previous stories/rumours/near things is too much.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]He has loads on money but in trust - you need money upfront to buy a club - Hence the loan - Fell foul of financial hurdles but don't assume he doesn't have money because you are ignorant of how things work, and I understand he is still keen to buy the club. Lots of very wealthy people borrow to buy a club. What I have said is true - but if I find anything more out I'm not saying any more - I wanted to share info I had with fellow fans, won't bother in future.

No one said that you were lying.

Yes, lots of wealthy people borrow to buy Clubs and we have seen how that has worked out at Liverpool and Man Utd. Add to that Sainsbury's track record at Leeds and the doubts are quite legitimate IMHO.

You say he has "lots of money but in trust" but that only means it's not available to him to spend or more likely borrow against.
  • All I have said is that he is trying to raise the money and still is. I'm not making a judgement on whether he would be good or not good for the club or whether he will ultimately be succesful, just telling you what I know- like I said - if people want to make sarky comments, it's better to keep my head below the parapit in future.
  • Sponsored links:

• don't let people put you off - i'm all for it - if you know something that's of interest why not let everyone else into it on here?
  • "By co-incidence I spent a week in a large national company a fortnight ago. The week before it had been announced that a multi-national company had bought them (subject to EU approval). Was it the main topic of conversation? Yes. Were some people concerned/uncertain/worried? Yes, all three. OK that was fact not rumour but that is in some ways worse. At least that firm knew who was buying them out.

If new owners come in do you expect them to fund new players and maybe get a new manager? I'd guess most of us would want the first and quite a few the second. How could that NOT be unsettling for the current staff? "

Company a:
    Actual takeover announced in large company where staff are seated (I presume) at desks with full-time access to the internet.

Company b:
    Rumoured takeover appears on Twitter and is followed up by message board chat when employees in question do not spend any of their work-time on computers.

Spot the difference?
    I am not saying it wont affect any staff at Charlton I was mearly pointing out that it was unlikely to affect the playing staff at the next day's game.

Lets not get hyisterical just yet...
  • Dont be such a drama queen... calling people ignorant because they dont know the ins and outs of leveraged buy outs.

This is a discussion board and therefore we are writing our OWN opinions that someone who has had quite a few financial obstacles trying to buy our beloved club might not be the kind of person we would want owning it. If okay with you like.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]All I have said is that he is trying to raise the money and still is. I'm not making a judgement on whether he would be good or not good for the club or whether he will ultimately be succesful, just telling you what I know- like I said - if people want to make sarky comments, it's better to keep my head below the parapit in future.

Any criticism was of Sainsbury, not you. If what I wrote read that way then I apologise but any potential new owner is going to be scrutinised by fans on here and elsewhere. And suggesting others are "ignorant of how things work" doesn't do you any favours either.

I think what I, and maybe others, would like to know is:

How much of his own money does he have?

How much is he willing to spend and for how long?

What are his plans for the Club?

Who, if any, are his backers?

Since you say you are close enough to him to know that he has money and is keen then it will be easy enough for you ask.
  • [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]"By co-incidence I spent a week in a large national company a fortnight ago. The week before it had been announced that a multi-national company had bought them (subject to EU approval). Was it the main topic of conversation? Yes. Were some people concerned/uncertain/worried? Yes, all three. OK that was fact not rumour but that is in some ways worse. At least that firm knew who was buying them out.

If new owners come in do you expect them to fund new players and maybe get a new manager? I'd guess most of us would want the first and quite a few the second. How could that NOT be unsettling for the current staff? "

Company a:
    Actual takeoverannouncedin large company where staff are seated (I presume) at desks with full-time access to the internet.

Company b:
    Rumouredtakeover appears on Twitter and is followed up by message board chat when employees in question do not spend any of their work-time on computers.

Spot the difference?
    I am not saying it wont affectanystaff at Charlton I was mearly pointing out that it was unlikely to affect the playing staff at the next day's game.

Lets not get hyisterical just yet...

Yes, I spotted the difference which is why I pointed out that difference in my original post.
  • I think there is a difference between calling people ignorant and saying they are ignorant of how things work - one is rude and the other is a statement. Yes people can post what they like and I can withold information if people want to take the P when I share it.
  • Not you Henry btw - posts from a few days ago annoyed me.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Not you Henry btw - posts from a few days ago annoyed me.

Must be a first then : - )

More than a few people on here work in finance or have been owners/directors of companies so they do know how business loans and leveraged buy-outs work and are well aware of the advantages and dangers of them.

They are not "ignorant of how things work" exactly the opposite in fact.
  • Not everybody on here works in Finance- I assume the ones that don't may in some cases be ignorant of how things work - my information came form the financial sector. I don't think I said everybody was or indeed meant to apply that anybody was an ignorant person -anybody who reads that into my statement is being ultra touchy themselves. Think the point is, it is easy to make a dismissing sarky comment, possibly understandable given what has happened in recent years, but the net effect of insinuations that imply you are making something up (even it is from only a small percentage of people) is that you won't be inclined to share info anymore.
  • MuttleyCAFC, one question. Is Sebastian happy with you sharing the information with us that you have ? ie that he has got plenty of money but it's all in trust.