Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• Don't forget that potential new owners have to be approved by the Football League.

Anyone wanting to buy the club would be keen to keep it quiet until this has been achieved.

Keeping silent about business deals is normally important until things are certain.

It would have been better if Dan Roan had not tweeted until any move was signed, sealed and delivered.
  • I agree with Nla on this.
  • No smoke without fire but then there has been very little smoke so probably not much fire. It's why I'm a Guru you know.
  • More like thick mist with no sign of clearing!! Undoubtedly CAFC are an attractive proposition to a potential takeover even more so after RM's summer rearrangements- and even in Division 3 we must still be viewed as one of the more attractive purchases outside the Premier League. But I am with Nla in as much as if there is anything to report it would be better to keep a lid on it until it actually happens. Our emotions have been messed around with too much where our great club is concerned. I'd love Roan to be right but we have been led up the garden path too many times.
  • Have got 200 unread posts on this thread - is it worth reading ANY of them?
  • i would say yes but if you don't read them how will you see this ? ;0)
  • Spot on we have all been hurt by it before report everything or say eff all
  • http://addickschampionshipdiary.blogspot.com/

Wyn Grant heard rumours today that the Dennis Wise consortium have revived their interest.
  • see i would rather that if things are going to be rumoured that they come out like this nothing about takeover iminent and deals should have been done by weds if people wish to speculate then this way is more understandable
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Wyn Grant heard rumours today that the Dennis Wise consortium have revived their interest.

Thats cast iron guaranteed then

Or maybe he sits in a different seat to the rest of us.

Or drinks in a different rumour pub
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton were able to take three points from a win over key promotion rivals today by beating Sheffield Wednesday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite][b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Charlton[/b]were able to[b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]take[/b]three points from a win[b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]over[/b]key promotion rivals today[b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]by[/b]beating Sheffield[b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Wednesday[/b].

you got it chizz you got it by jove
  • Someone on 606 saying Sky Sports News had 'Charlton takeover imminent' as one of their headlines this morning.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]http://addickschampionshipdiary.blogspot.com/

Wyn Grant heard rumours today that the Dennis Wise consortium have revived their interest.

Think I would rather remain penniless... :-(
  • Theres been nothing on Skysports, obv a windup
  • exclusive picture from the boardroom!!

Rich-Arabs_creditTHEOMARTINDALE_URBAN-NERDS.jpeg
  • [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Wyn Grant heard rumours today that the Dennis Wise consortium have revived their interest.

Thats cast iron guaranteed then

Or maybe he sits in a different seat to the rest of us.

Or drinks in a different rumour pub

The full quote from Wyn's site is

"Rumours circulating at The Valley today suggest a revived interest from the Dennis Wise consortium in buying Charlton, but I have no confirmation of that. Certainly they weren't talking about it at the bar round the corner."

So its no more than what we all know, no inside knowledge, its all smoke and mirrors, oh and Wyn drinks in the Rose of Denmark
  • I think Charlton fans may win some sort of green/environmental award seeing how we are so good at recycling the same old rumours again and again.
  • Though all the hot air that gets spouted must contribute to global warming?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think Charlton fans may win some sort of green/environmental award seeing how we are so good at recycling the same old rumours again and again.

Haha Brilliant. Another great scheme from the Charlton Athletic Community Trust.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think Charlton fans may win some sort of green/environmental award seeing how we are so good at recycling the same old rumours again and again.

Haha Brilliant. Another great scheme from the Charlton Athletic Community Trust.

True but as Sao Paulo says
    [cite]Posted By: SaoPauloAddick[/cite]Though all the hot air that gets spouted must contribute to global warming?
  • I heard that we're in line for a new award.

It's some sort of green/environmental award seeing how we are so good at recycling the same old rumours again and again.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I heard that we're in line for a new award.

It's some sort of green/environmental award seeing how we are so good at recycling the same old rumours again and again.

I heard that but not from a reliable source.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I heard that we're in line for a new award.

Me too
  • edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I heard that we're in line for a new award.

Me too

I don't think that should stop us spreading it though.

If we put FACT at the end people will have to believe us.

I heard Steve Waggott is coming back to present to award and all the players will have to miss a days training as the Trust getting awards is considered more important that set pieces etc. FACT
  • I just heard that Charlton have been subjected to a Football Association-Certified Takeover. (FACT).
  • Takeover is scheduled for Boxing Day - details will be announced that morning and new owners paraded on the pitch at halftime FACT (Fake Articles on Charlton Takeover)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I just heard that Charlton have been subjected to a Football Association-Certified Takeover. (FACT).[/quote]

REeally? where u hear/see this?!
  • My latest info on SS was that he didn't get the loan he was working towards due to technical rules about loans and trusts, but that he is still keen to purchase the club and is going down another route (I don't know what this is before anybody asks). if there is a runour of imminent takeover, I doubt it is him though.
  • So SS doesnt have any money and is looking to borrow to buy us?

Not what we want in a new owner is it?