Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• I am just ignorant
  • Picked this up on 606 board earlier today...no idea if its true or just a 'wind-up' but thought I'd add it to this thread as it seems relevant or not as the case may be-:

"Quote from Murray - I want to find a buyer that can afford to buy the club and grow it and I hope it will be done soon. I hope I will stay doing something at Charlton.

When friend spoke to him on friday night."
  • Well that sounds nice and positive.
  • positive but negative in the sense that it doesn't sound iminent.
  • Dan Roan on Twitter:
    Just trying to confirm details of a Charlton Athletic takeover, but their commercial centre is useless
  • yeah ok dan. this chavy dont know his arsehole from his elbow. wish he would just stop talking (or tweeting) now.
  • Do you really think that the Commercial Centre will just tell him over the phone?

I might give them a ring and tell them i am Sam Matterface from sky sports news and i am confirming a takeover, see if they tell me
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Dan Roan on Twitter:
    Just trying to confirm details of a Charlton Athletic takeover, but their commercial centre is useless

quality
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]yeah ok dan. this chavy dont know his arsehole from his elbow. wish he would just stop talking (or tweeting) now.

whoosh.
  • The commercial centre is the ticket office is it not? So why would they know anything about a takeover? And if they did happen to know anything I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to tell anybody ringing up claiming to be a journo the details
  • Sponsored links:

• lol....been a long day
  • Reel them in JT.
  • Good work JT

Was Dan Roan trying to find out how many shares had been sold in advance of the takeover?
  • sounds like a repeat of his previous comments from some months back to me
  • Did Dan Roan really tweet that ? If he did then it shows a staggering lack of common sense and quite honestly throws into question that he had any knowledge about a takeover at all. Oh well. Back to reality.
  • WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
  • Latest from Dan Roan on Twitter:
    Charlton Athletic takeover looking unlikely, consortium concerned just how gullible their supporters appear to be
  • I would expect 1, maybe a stretch to 2. I would never have imagined we'd be heading towards double figures.
  • i take comfort in the fact i wasnt the only one that had a bite up
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Latest from Dan Roan on Twitter:
    Charlton Athletic takeover looking unlikely, consortium concerned just how gullible their supporters appear to be

Or, is that desperate!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2010
    He should have rung the Box Office instead..
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Latest from Dan Roan on Twitter:
    Charlton Athletic takeover looking to be announced to journalists with Valley Gold membership with a published match report of at least 2 away games
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Did Dan Roan really tweet that ? If he did then it shows a staggering lack of common sense and quite honestly throws into question that he had any knowledge about a takeover at all. Oh well. Back to reality.

*shakes head and trudges off to make a cup of tea in the office*
  • Just had a call from Parky re: Peterboro line up.

Said he can't say for sure as he has three loanees lined up but they depend on the takeover going through. Wanted to ask more but he had a call on another line asking about coach pick up times for Barnet.
  • edited November 2010
    Can anyone summarise whats happening then? Dan Roan is a fake account or is he just making things up? What happend to all this "he's a very reliable journo etc"
    I'm confused.

EDIT: Doh I get it now.

Dan Roan on Twitter:

Ex players Jonatan Johansson and Martin Pringle are heading the consortium for Charlton Athletic's imminent takeover.
  • So having lead us (well some of us) up the garden path he's now making silly jokes about it.

Yes, I know the commercial centre twitter was meant to be funny but the only joke I can see is Dan Roan.

As someone once said "I'll believe it when I see it on the OS".
  • for a minute there i thought I knew what the eff was going on on this thread, it soon passed though..
  • If in doubt just write 'Whoooosh'
  • Luckly Mr Roan hasn't tweeted anything of the sort