Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• If someone takes us over with even A billion pounds I will drink myself into a coma
  • Its all very exciting (again).

I was going to shop in Tesco's this morning but will head to Sainsbury's just in case my loaf of bread and a pint of milk is enought to tip them over the edge into buying us....
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]If someone takes us over with even A billion pounds I will drink myself into a coma

I'll be dead by the next day...
  • Charlton (are playing Sheffield) Wednesday (on Saturday - who are subject to a) take over bid

too much of a coincedence?
  • So this Dan Roan bloke.... Any good? Reliable? or is he just another twat like Sky Sports Transfer Gimp
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I'm keeping quiet -you hear something , share it and people take the p.

We've heard so much since Zabeel, it's hard to believe anything anymore.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]So this Dan Roan bloke.... Any good?

He's a good journalist

[cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Reliable?

Not sure, but as has been mentioned elsewhere and I've heard it said before, BBC journalists aren't allowed to right any old rubbish on their blogs/social networking sights. There has to be an element of truth in it (or he's taking a risk, and why would he bother for Charlton) but an element of truth is a million miles from the whole truth.
  • If Sainsbruy's take us over, does that mean we'll have Jamie Oliver making the half time pies?

I hope not, I can't stand the fat lipped mockney git...
  • Cheers SE9

However, i will still remain sceptical about this whole takeover malarky after the Zabeel heartbreak
  • Dan Roan was one of the first to break the Rooney new contract stuff last week.
  • Sponsored links:

• My friend is John Brenwin who has been involved in sports and football journalism for 15 years now and works for ESPN. John knows Roan and he tells me that he's straight down the line, meaning that he's not likely to write a load of crap for the sake of it. He's about as credible a journalist as you can get.
  • To be fair the Zabeel deal was all true, didn't happen though...
  • To be fair to Roan, there must be something in it for him to say this....why would anybody be interested in a fake story about a 3rd tier club?

Previous talk on takeovers have been rumours amongst fans...my friend told me this, a colleague told me that.... This time it's a media source and one that may well have some legs.

Let's wait and see....then if it does happen, lets hope our fortunes on & off the field improve long-term.
  • Can't get excited by this, until it actually happens, far to many false dawns in the past 5 years over takeovers etc etc
  • I know some people make things up to feel important but somebody has to tell you for you to find out something. The issue is the quality of the source which can be difficult if you can't divulge. Also, because somebody is say raising money with a view to making a takeover- doesn't mean they will suceed or that price will be agreed. Somebody can be relatively rich but still need a loan to raise the necessary funds - it's complicated.

BTW, Sainsburys or Tesco would never buy a football club. If you are part of the family doesn't mean you represent the company.
  • The problem is that I don't know more than I have already said - that SS is trying to put the money together to buy the club - I am 99% confident this is the case although not necessarily that he will succeed - I sought an update last week and there wasn't anything I'll try to get some more info this weekend.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I know some people make things up to feel important but somebody has to tell you for you to find out something. The issue is the quality of the source which can be difficult if you can't divulge. Also, because somebody is say raising money with a view to making a takeover- doesn't mean they will suceed or that price will be agreed. Somebody can be relatively rich but still need a loan to raise the necessary funds - it's complicated.

BTW, Sainsburys or Tesco would never buy a football club. If you are part of the family doesn't mean you represent the company.

Sainsburys have donated large amounts of money to Southend though, in order to ensure the ground move goes ahead.
  • They may help as part of the community but it doesn't suit their business to allign with one team.
  • Sponsorship of course is different, like Waitrose with Reading!
  • Lets hope if there is a takeover that it gets completed before they see us play on Saturday and change thier mind!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2010
    Ooops
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Lets hope if there is a takeover that it gets completed before they see us play on Saturday and change thier mind![/quote]

LOL....quality!!

But scarily true!
  • Dennis Wise fronts bid to takeover Charlton Athletic
    Dennis Wise and Tony Jiminez, the former Newcastle pair, are reportedly nearing a £30 million takeover of Charlton Athletic, the Championship side.

Hmm. The Daily Telegraph have obviously got their crack reporter in on this
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]The problem is that I don't know more than I have already said - that SS is trying to put the money together to buy the club - I am 99% confident this is the case although not necessarily that he will succeed - I sought an update last week and there wasn't anything I'll try to get some more info this weekend.

So it's got nothing to do with QIA? How/why were they bought into it?
  • I heard it's a consortium comprised of Aldi, LIDL and the Pound Shop...they just have to decide who gets to put their name on the home, away and training kit....
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]The problem is that I don't know more than I have already said - that SS is trying to put the money together to buy the club - I am 99% confident this is the case although not necessarily that he will succeed - I sought an update last week and there wasn't anything I'll try to get some more info this weekend.

So it's got nothing to do with QIA? How/why were they bought into it?

I think someone linked to them owns a part of Sainsbury's? And that came from the SS rumour, and it snowballed from there
  • is it just the Murray takeover going through?
  • QIA own Sainsbury's

The link was from someone on this thread being texted by a mate.

Don't know who's involved and not getting hopeful at all but there must be something afoot for Roan to talk about it, otherwise what's the point? It's not as if we're newsworthy!
  • [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]is it just the Murray takeover going through?

that went through over the summer