Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• Someone squirts a rumour on a website and it's silly season again! Jeepers I've just seen a limo with Paul McCartney in it and he's playing Valley Floyd Road through super woofers. Is he heading to Se7 I ask myself??
  • It all means that Charlton are moving to the site of the old Roan school hard by Greenwich Park when Roan re-locate to the peninsular not far from the mega Sainsburys. The stadium will be called 'The sixth sick sheiks sixth sick sheep new Valley'.
  • @Weegie... No, was just having a laff, I'm currently on the beach ;-)
  • Not getting too excited after last time, but i admit... im absolutely buzzing. Where did the whole qia rumor come from?
  • edited October 2010
    It's linked to sainsbury some how and because once someone said a member of the sainsbury family was going to buy us it has snowballed. We are not about to be bought out or taken over. I phoned muzza earlier and he said I am looking for a quiet sainsbury to do my weekly shopping and someone tweeting in the same shop got their wires crossed
  • im no longer excited by this "news"
  • The only thing that Qatar relates to me all day is what i can't shift from my throat.
  • I'm with Nolly the news is bearly news. Dan roan I am sure has got his info wrong chorlton fc might be being taken over but we aint
  • I saw a Sky van go down my road earlier and I only live about a mile from the training ground, so I reckon there's real truth in this latest rumour.

Mind you, the fella down the end of the road does work for Sky, but I think that's just a coindicence.
  • Hmmmm

just woke up at eight am

And rushed to first cafc.co.uk then CL to find out if anything had developed

I remember zabeel all too well and will now adjust my expectation levels accordingly

be nice to each other, eh!
  • Sponsored links:

• hopefully the club issues a CLEAR statement on friday morning, stating clearly whether or not there is anything developing in terms of a takeover.
    i wouldn't money on it though.
  • Just back from Poker and I see we haven't been taken over. :(
  • Just seen this........

Here we go...

Jeez louise!!

A big take over by some billionaires would be lover-ley...

We could see if we could get Marcus Bent back, we could also get Fanny Jeffers back in, and of course Neil Redferan...

This is it guys back in the big time!!
  • Breaking news!!

The Greek guy down at the coffee shop I just got my coffee from does NOT know who Charlton are... REPEAT he doesnt know us!

Never heard of us!!
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Breaking news!!

The Greek guy down at the coffee shop I just got my coffee from does NOT know who Charlton are... REPEAT he doesnt know us!

Never heard of us!!

Well, it's obviously not a Greek consortium taking us over. Which is a good thing given the Greek economy.
  • You've all got the wrong QIA - we are being taken over by this lot QIA

The QIkiqtani Inuit Association.

We are being relocated to the Arctic Circle, ice floes for goalposts and seal meat pies at half time! The duo on the front page of the website are the new management team - Extremely Parky and Ice Breacker.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]You've all got the wrong QIA - we are being taken over by this lotQIA

The QIkiqtani Inuit Association.

We are being relocated to the Arctic Circle, ice floes for goalposts and seal meat pies at half time! The duo on the front page of the website are the new management team - Extremely Parky and Ice Breacker.

Brilliant Oakster !

though i thought i had accidently hit a link for the' would you' thread.
  • That's more like it. Oakster
  • danroan Re Charlton Athletic takeover, I'm on it - deal was meant to happen on
    Wednesday, and didn't, but it remains
    very close 15 minutes ago
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish Dan Roan would fek off he obviously knows nothing.
  • 'We are playing Wednesday and that will happen'
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I wish Dan Roan would fek off he obviously knows nothing.
    whereas..?
  • on the pitch before Wwdnesday game
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite][url=http://twitter.com/danroan/statuses/29063865038]"was meant to happen on Wednesday but remains very close"[/url][/quote]

Blocked at work any chance of a copy and paste

Cheers
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite][url=http://twitter.com/danroan/statuses/29063865038]"was meant to happen on Wednesday but remains very close"[/url]

Blocked at work any chance of a copy and paste

Cheers
    It just says what Eastbourne addick posted above.
  • I'm keeping quiet -you hear something , share it and people take the p.
  • Funny then that he didnt say anything until Thursday, if his sources were any good surely he wouldve said it Tueday or Weds.

This has got a load of cack written all over it.

Roans Boss

Were are you Dan you aint been into the office all week

Roan

(whilst drinking cocktails in Bermuda with Loookie)

I am on a huge scoop boss big buyout of a former fa cup winning London Club

Boss

Who is it Arsenal, Spurs Chelski

Roan

No Boss Charlton Athletic they used to be good in the 40's and then they were good in the early 2ks you must remember them

Boss

Get back to work you tosspot or else you will be forced to cover all palarses home games

Roan

Boss its true shouldve happend wednesday but didnt i am all over it

Boss

You have got 24hrs to deliver a story

Roan

Ok boss

Rehashed ballcocks no where near happening
  • Just went past the ground on way to station. Car park busyish but nothing out of the ordinary.... Told ian to keep em peeled. Didnt this dan bloke say 10.30 am today last night? Tho sounds like he is back tracking with the comment above.
  • Its Friday--its the main day re Islam. So when the car park is full of middle eastern looking gents please dont freak out. They will be attending prayers at the mosque near the tunnel opposite the club shop. Happens every Friday.