Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• where are qpr sitting siblers?
  • [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]A grouop called Qatar Investment Authority are involved according to text message Ive just recieved.

http://www.qia.qa/QIA/

Not getting excited, but they say on the site $130bn is earmarked for investment over the next few years. Wow. That's a lot of money to play with.
  • Sh1t. Sorry. I just accidentally pressed F5.
  • [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]A grouop called Qatar Investment Authority are involved according to text message Ive just recieved.

http://www.qia.qa/QIA/

Not getting excited, but they say on the site $130bn is earmarked for investment over the next few years. Wow. That's a lot of money to play with.
    of which $65bn will be devoted to energy-related projects.

Still, £65bn could give Parky a contract extension, fix the big screen and bring back Lloyd Sam.
  • 'Turned into' ?

You're just jealous as me and Varney didn't involve you this time around
  • Yeah of course security is number one but when you're club gets taken over I think most fans dream of having a bit of bob to spend. As for QPR, they've drawn their last 4 games so they could go either way in all honesty.
  • Lol scoham
  • So who's gonna be first to say "I won't believe it until it's on the OS" lol!
  • You by the look of it Simon
  • Went to The Valley today to pick up Barnet tickets, there was nothing special happening but this was at 2.30ish.
  • Sponsored links:

• I won't believe it until it's on the OS or on a special edition of Charlton Live
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Went to The Valley today to pick up Barnet tickets, there was nothing special happening but this was at 2.30ish.

Could you see through brick walls to the boardroom??
    Im going home now i shall meander past the ground as i do and see whats what.
  • Send for a plane to get Rothko to the Superstore for his stunned fan interview......
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    i have turned into a right miserble bstd of late mate i could do with something to cheer me up but this aint going to happen we all know it

Christ NSS has been cloned. ;-)
  • wait why isnt the other thread with 3000 comments the official thread
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    i have turned into a right miserble bstd of late mate i could do with something to cheer me up but this aint going to happen we all know it

Christ NSS has been cloned. ;-)

worse than that mate i am more like nss's psycopahic moody identical twin

fuk knows whats wrong with me
  • That sounds an interesting combo. You need to get down the valley and watch some slick football to cheer you up a bit.
  • i won't believe it until they're holding scarves above their heads in the stands
  • this just ties in with what was said last night
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]That sounds an interesting combo. You need to get down the valley and watch some slick football to cheer you up a bit.

mate i am even turning down work freebies cos of pp that aint helping with my mood
  • Sponsored links:

• Well just got a connection error! Which means it's off FACT
  • What date did it all kick off with zabeel?
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]What date did it all kick off with zabeel?

A little eariler in October, think it was the 9th.

Edit: it was the 10th of October when the Zabeel link was released to the press. Sure it was a Friday. Then maybe the 22nd October when it was announced they would not be investing.
  • Strange that this should kick off again. Last night I was chatting with black cab driver mate who was telling me his friend also a cabbie had Phil Babb in his taxi a couple of days ago and in chatting said that he had heard that Russians were looking to buy Charlton. No idea why PB should have any clue but just repeating what I was told. Don`t shoot the messenger.
  • So Russian Qatari hybrids who shop in Sainsburys!

Most interesting
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Strange that this should kick off again. Last night I was chatting with black cab driver mate who was telling me his friend also a cabbie had Phil Babb in his taxi a couple of days ago and in chatting said that he had heard that Russians were looking to buy Charlton. No idea why PB should have any clue but just repeating what I was told. Don`t shoot the messenger.[/quote]

No good saying dont shoot the messenger people love to do that
  • Only now read this, and looked at the twitter line from the BBC guy, it's the slenderist of whispers and I won't get excited yet....the Zabeel thing finished me for all time on this stuff, however worry about the future of the club is an irritating thought that won't go away....please let something happen soon so we can get balanced again and actually start enjoying the football once more.
    Any chance of getting Faye back? (if there is let's go bust)
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Strange that this should kick off again. Last night I was chatting with black cab driver mate who was telling me his friend also a cabbie had Phil Babb in his taxi a couple of days ago and in chatting said that he had heard that Russians were looking to buy Charlton. No idea why PB should have any clue but just repeating what I was told. Don`t shoot the messenger.

It was the scouse accent!! what he actually said was "No ones Russian to buy Charlton" ;)
  • when they said the Qataries are looking to buy Charlton they meant the whole of SE7 not just the football club. Nite life is similar to Doha.
  • No news over here yet......