Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Sainsbury?

Begins with an S and ends with a Y....

That kind of indicates Sainsbury

Could be Sandy off crossroads.
  • stephen gately?.........oh no, wait....
  • Sir Richard Murray
  • Haha some good suggestions there.

You got to keep on laughing folks!
  • I've heard Chris Solly has come into a bit of money.
  • Please don't start up all this malarky again. I'm still depressed from Saturday
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I've heard Chris Solly has come into a bit of money.

Must have run out of tissue
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Sainsbury?

Begins with an S and ends with a Y....

That kind of indicates Sainsbury

More likely to be Safeway ; (
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I've heard Chris Solly has come into a bit of money.

Must have run out of tissue

LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I've heard Chris Solly has come into a bit of money.
    Nearly posted that myself. Would explain why he has been "injured", got more important things to sort out off the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it is this Sainsbury bloke it would be interesting, Murray takes over all the shares to make the club easier to sell.

Sainsbury sets up a company called Charlton in the summer doesn't take a genius to work out something must have been going on between them
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]If it is this Sainsbury bloke it would be interesting, Murray takes over all the shares to make the club easier to sell.

Sainsbury sets up a company called Charlton in the summer doesn't take a genius to work out something must have been going on between them

Think of all those nectar points Murray would get.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Please don't start up all this malarky again. I'm still depressed from Saturday

can i just echo this
  • edited October 2010
    And there was me thinking it was Samuel Smith, the real ale legend. Or is he now known as Smithy?
  • what does the sainsbury bloke own
  • Morrisons
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]what does the sainsbury bloke own

tesco apparently
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Morrisons

bugger

beat me to it!
  • You were too busy echoing..!
  • no seriously what does he own
  • Sponsored links:

• Woolworths is more likely if he's thinking of buying us!
  • If it is Sainsbury I'm talking about :) - I don't think you will necessarily find that something has been going on between them. Basically, the restructuring has made Charlton easier to sell. You or I if interested can obtain a document which tells us how much the club is worth (assetts/liabilities etc...) and in turn what it is likely to cost us. Buying a club is not something you go into lightly unless you are a rich arab and it isn't always straightforward to get the upfront money needed even if your assets far exceed this figure. You also need a plan and funds in relation to after you have bought the club.

Also like buying a house, it's a case of you want to get the best price - now I would suggest Charlton is not increasing in value at the present time, and this time is starting to look good (you have sufficient time to gain success this season). If Charlton gets up to the Championship it is immediately a viable business following recent restructuring- if it gets promoted to the Premiership a few seasons down the line it makes money or can be sold for a profit. The business plan will almost certainly be around establishing Charlton in the Championship and not world domination though.

There is no need to talk to Murray until you put your offer to him or formally declare your interest. But if you are going to set up a company called Charlton Athletic 2010, independant of the club, if you have previous of trying to buy a club (Leeds Utd) and if you are currently actively engaging in that project (which is my information). Well it is a possibility I would say. Let's wait and see.
  • Come on, it's Sooty isn't it?
  • [cite]Posted By: coltsgoalie[/cite]no seriously what does he own

he's in retail I think
  • edited October 2010
    With the greatest of respect and not to be rude as I don't know you from Adam... I really don't understand the point of this contribution.

You may know something of great interest. Yet you are not prepared, perhaps rightly so, to elaborate due to confidence. But instead of waiting for it to come to fruition and then perhaps being able to offer your informed viewpoint, you've dangled the carrot on here and now there will be a thousand posts on something that may never materialise past the information you know. I think the last thing anyone needs is any more false dawns.

Hmm maybe it's just me.
  • [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]Come on, it's Sooty isn't it?

Haven't a Scooby.
  • There is only one of the 3 points that you would have to believe me on (that he is actively engaging in activities -raising funds - as part of the company) - the other 2 are on public record. I'll say no more on the subject - pretty much because I don't know much more :)
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]With the greatest of respect and not to be rude as I don't know you from Adam... I really don't understand the point of this contribution.

You may know something of great interest. Yet you are not prepared, perhaps rightly so, to elaborate due to confidence. But instead of waiting for it to come to fruition and then perhaps being able to offer your informed viewpoint, you've dangled the carrot on here and now there will be a thousand posts on something that may never materialise past the information you know. I think the last thing anyone needs is any more false dawns.

Hmm maybe it's just me.

Disagree. I think that's part of what these boards are all about.
  • Fair enough, also what these boards are about is to agree to disagree ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Fair enough, also what these boards are about is to agree to disagree ;-)

agreed!