Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]AFKA

"Good points PA. I don't think anyone though thought these sources originated from Charlton though."

Sorry, I didn't write well. I meant that due diligence had started at Charlton, not the story. I think on reflection your comments about the article are 100% valid. I hope so. If it turns out that way, I might try and take him to task and see what he says. My only worry is that he just did not seem to be that stupid.

If money is no object could we have a "contract race" situation?

West Ham could have been made an offer (less the £30 million contingent liability) as have we and they will go with the first one to agree terms.

After all they have already tried for Liverpool and Newcastle allegedly so it is not beyond the realms of possibility.
  • edited October 2008
    Not sure you can equate buying a multimillion pound business to getting in first in a 2 bed semi Len. If DD had started they won't be making offers on anyone else until it's finished and only then if they don't fancy us after all.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]AFKA

"Good points PA. I don't think anyone though thought these sources originated from Charlton though."

Sorry, I didn't write well. I meant that due diligence had started at Charlton, not the story. I think on reflection your comments about the article are 100% valid. I hope so. If it turns out that way, I might try and take him to task and see what he says. My only worry is that he just did not seem to be that stupid.

If money is no object could we have a "contract race" situation?

West Ham could have been made an offer (less the £30 million contingent liability) as have we and they will go with the first one to agree terms.

After all they have already tried for Liverpool and Newcastle allegedly so it is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Len etc, it's been officially and categorically denied. We are talking about the Dubai royal family here, not Del Boy. I am absolutely sure they are not going to say one thing and do another. There will almost certainly have been an agreement that they talk to nobody else before Charlton let them embark on due diligence. Lets get a grip. Who knows, they could be reading this Forum now and take offense at any suggestion of lack of probity. The official statement is pretty clear to me. They are not talking to any other club.
  • No doubt they have someone looking at the forums, I would in their position...I bet Sheik Hamdan himself might have popped in to see what you had to say.

It´s not like a 26 y.o crown prince would find internet difficult eh?
  • I doubt their looking at forums.

What if they intend to buy both clubs? Five years down the line the two clubs merge and then move into a new stadium...errr like the Olympic Stadium.

I'll get my coat.
  • jimmy, jimmy... this has got you all flustered mate. This is not like you... it's "they're" not "their". ;-)

I think MCFC is the Crown Prince.
  • edited October 2008
    And that's one mistake I really hate too. Well, nobody's perfecked.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]

And I really am who I say I am.

By the way, when was the last time we played a team in claret and blue on the 25th October?
  • Who is Lookout any way, a bit part in a Gangster Movie?....:o)
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]

And I really am who I say I am.

So, how was Macc Town then Jim?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2008
    It was crap having to wear a badge that looks like the old Chelsea one.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]jimmy, jimmy... this has got you all flustered mate. This is not like you... it's "they're" not "their". ;-)

In my dreams..mind you, I could get used to the lifestyle, I´ll just skip those endurance races and settle for a more relaxed sporting life involving VIP-boxes and Ferraris while having my highly paid advisors telling me what decisions to make in regards to my subjects.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite] It was crap having to wear a badge that looks like the old Chelsea one.

It IS you!

Do you remember telling me to "fuck off" outside Molineux once? Why did you do that?
  • edited October 2008
    Because you're English and I'm Scottish
  • Who said I'm English though Jim?

Are you stereotyping me?
  • So the rumours have started again ? More disappointment no doubt. Still it might take our minds off how shit the teams performances are.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]So the rumours have started again ? More disappointment no doubt. Still it might take our minds off how shit the teams performances are.

Linky?
  • First page of this thread is depressing.
  • Apparently someone with the surname beginning with S is interested
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]First page of this thread is depressing.

it really is :(
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Apparently someone with the surname beginning with S is interested

I'd bet his first name begins with B, then.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]First page of this thread is depressing.

Makes me want to cry!
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Apparently someone with the surname beginning with S is interested

Where are you finding this information? link?
  • [cite]Posted By: PaddyP17[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Apparently someone with the surname beginning with S is interested

I'd bet his first name begins with B, then.

lol
  • I actually heard that an investment may be in the offing, if not a takeover. Don't ask me about sources etc - it's just what I got told by someone that gets things both right and wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Apparently someone with the surname beginning with S is interested

Where are you finding this information? link?
    Muttley posted it in another thread. Has just said his name ends in a y.
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Sainsbury?

Begins with an S and ends with a Y....

That kind of indicates Sainsbury
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Sainsbury?

Begins with an S and ends with a Y....

That kind of indicates Sainsbury
    Talk about it last August, Page 6 of the "Murray reaches agreement to assume full control" thread. Sebastian Sainsbury set up the company Charlton Athletic 2010 this summer.
  • Knowing our luck past few seasons could be Stavros Flatley!