Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]With the greatest of respect and not to be rude as I don't know you from Adam... I really don't understand the point of this contribution.

You may know something of great interest. Yet you are not prepared, perhaps rightly so, to elaborate due to confidence. But instead of waiting for it to come to fruition and then perhaps being able to offer your informed viewpoint, you've dangled the carrot on here and now there will be a thousand posts on something that may never materialise past the information you know. I think the last thing anyone needs is any more false dawns.

Hmm maybe it's just me.

completely agree with this, especially if what you've been told was in confidence (maybe it wasn't)
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Fair enough, also what these boards are about is to agree to disagree ;-)

agreed!

Well I disagree.

And I agree

Anyway - i heard the takeover will complete when this thread reaches 947 replies provided MOG doesn't press F5 again like last time
  • Well, I'm not sure if it was a don't tell as do or as in don't. I'm feeling pretty down at the moment with the club and the news gave me some cheer - thought I would spread it. Nothing we can do about things other than wait and see so maybe its best not to dwell on this other than keep it in our heads as a source of possible hope. Only thing I will say is that i'm not the sort who would make this up -what I have said is true. THIS IS MY FINAL WORD.
  • Salvation Army?
  • Well Muttley if it was supposed to be in confidence you might want to take your name off your account settings as you might not get any more info.
  • JTJT
    edited October 2010
    ...and you certainly won't get your Nectar points....
  • Doubt many people read this other than Charlton fans - I didn't mention his name which is what I agreed -fortunately found a thread where his name was previously discussed so you worked it out lol. The bloke has set up a company called Charlton Athletic 2010 FFS so doubt he is that concerned about anonymity. NOW THIS IS MY FINAL WORD ON TEH SUBJECT.
  • Apart from this is nothing to do with Sainsburys the store. SS is the great grandson of the founder, that's all.
  • I'm looking forwad to tasting the difference...

/Final word
  • edited October 2010
    Right from my viewpoint, all this is feasable and he would be a better bet than a foreign owner. I doubt very much whether he would splash the cash but he would keep us going and may allow a few new faces to be brought in.

Muttley the problem people have with you is not that they do not trust you and that they do not believe you, it is that they want to believe you. The hope that something good may soon happen is a terrible thing, because we all expect it to not happen even though we hope it does and then we get annoyed. Oh well I hope you are right as this would be far more important than any three points
  • Sponsored links:

• Even if this doesn't materialise at least I've had some hope for an afternoon.
  • Seem to remember someone coming back from from the EGM or one of the other recent meetings and saying Murray or whoever either denied knowing anything about "Charlton Athletic 2010 Ltd" or were going to look into it.

Can't see why anyone would set up a company named Charlton Athletic 2010 though unless it had something to do with the football club.
  • isn't it funny how these rumours always come about when the club is at an all-time low. Last time we'd just been relegated from the premiership and thought things couldn't get any worse (how wrong we were) and now after the anialation at home on saturday it raises it's head again. Coincidence? maybe i'm just cynical in my old age? Wouldn't be shocked if the club themselves trow these rumours into the wind every now and then to distract us from the shit we're in. I just pray that whoever (eventually) takes over, has the interest of the club at heart and not just as a "plaything" for some arab version of trumps.
  • I dont think thats the case tango. I would think most of the club hierarchy are very low at the moment and not evening thinking about spreading rumours true or false.
  • Was just about to post this as I had a look after reading earlier comments. A quick google search on that address brings up a company called York Place, "Founded in 1986, York Place is one of the UK's leading company registration, search and property agencies."

Could it not be they have just registered that company name in anticipation of someone possibly wanting to use it in the future?
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]
    Was just about to post this as I had a look after reading earlier comments. A quick google search on that address brings up a company called York Place, "Founded in 1986, York Place is one of the UK's leading company registration, search and property agencies."

Could it not be they have just registered that company name in anticipation of someone possibly wanting to use it in the future?
    The office address is in Leeds and Sainsbury tried to buy Leeds about 5 years ago...
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite] NOW THIS IS MY FINAL WORD ON TEH SUBJECT.

lol You've made more comebacks then Sinatra! True or false I'm thankful for the info Muttley, it certainly beats the current stuff doing the rounds about Charlton at the moment...
  • [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]isn't it funny how these rumours always come about when the club is at an all-time low. Last time we'd just been relegated from the premiership and thought things couldn't get any worse (how wrong we were) and now after the anialation at home on saturday it raises it's head again. Coincidence? maybe i'm just cynical in my old age? Wouldn't be shocked if the club themselves trow these rumours into the wind every now and then to distract us from the shit we're in. I just pray that whoever (eventually) takes over, has the interest of the club at heart and not just as a "plaything" for some arab version of trumps.

I find myself in total agreement with this post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another comeback -lol - just because something may or may not be going on (if you don't believe me) -it doesn't mean it will end up coming to anything. I have taken some hope from it - I believe somebody is working on taking over the club and from what I understand, they are enthusiastic and genuine, the question will be whether anything comes from it or not. We can but wait and see ;)
  • We can but hope, one thing's for sure it cant carry on like this for too much longer surely!!
  • Never mind the scepticism Muttley. It's cheered me up on a shitty Monday morning.
  • "Hearing rumours Charlton Athletic now very close to being sold - watch this space"

http://twitter.com/danroan?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mpulsefootball

Dan Roan - BBC football hack
  • Exciting times!
  • Roan's a very good journalist and a very reliable source... Do I dare to get a little bit excited?!
  • Here we go again.

Hold tight everyone
  • ooooooohhhhhhh

stirring

the beast is stirring

it ain't dull is it?

hahahahahahaha

COYR!
  • I have no contacts but the most likely person to be involved is this Sainsbury fella who we talked about after Brighton and in the summer when he set up CAFC 2010