Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• .....though didnt Peter Varney have dealings with the Qatar FA before the world cup on a different project?

maybe...just maybe....
  • come on, how many people looked at this thread appearing again and immediately flicked over to SSN !!!
  • is it true?????? arghhhhh... do i believe it? or do i carry on watching eastenders!!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]come on, how many people looked at this thread appearing again and immediately flicked over to SSN !!!

nope not me its all ballcox
  • I must admit that I am surprised that none of the CL clique have heard nothing ;0)
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainsbury%27s

Ah right they own Sainsbury Ive only just clicked in! lol, I thougt it sounded fishy!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]come on, how many people looked at this thread appearing again and immediately flicked over to SSN !!![/quote]

NO 'BREAKING NEWS FROM THE VALLEY' :o(((((
  • I bet this sports jorno just increased his number of followers.
  • Guilty...I've followed him, but as a number of people on here know, my twitter affection is cheap!
  • will we taste the difference on our shirts if the sainsbury thing is only for sponsorship?
  • Sponsored links:

• Would we have to change our kit to the Qatari maroon?

Would we be willing?
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Would we have to change our kit to the Qatari maroon?

Would we be willing?
    No, we'll stay with red. To match the herring.
  • I think as a club we really could do with some good news. Know once bitten and all that but really hope this is true. Would make my year if it was and if they were the right people.
  • Now we shouldn't get too excited...like we usually do. Dreaming of some sussed manager, with international players at his fingertips. Upper level on the East stand and a new away end to push the attendance up to 40k for when we inevitably get promoted back to the prem. If it's arabs then we can ditch Harvey and floyd and have ali baba on a red carpet. Russians? then a free slug of vodka at half time when the snow is on the ground.
  • Takeover party at my house, bring your own tea towels!
  • Any takeover of our club should come with the pre-condition that a monument be erected celebrating Richard Murrey's contribution to the club. A bronze statue on the other side of the club entrance to Bartram I reckon.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I must admit that I am surprised that none of the CL clique have heard nothing ;0)[/quote]

It's in the process of due dilligence
  • Woooah, hang on everyone, this is NOT the takeover thread! It's a counterfeit. The real one's approaching a very significant number and if we all stick our groundless speculation, hopes and prayers in that one we'll get there tonight if we're lucky.
  • Last time we hada proposed takeover we got relegated hopefully this wont shock the players or anything and we can keep winning ....
  • Apart from twitter is are there any other reports of this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Too true Bournemouth, if Sheikh Oleg Bin Dipa looks on here to see how much the infidels are welcoming their arrival, sees the supporters are divided between the popular peoples takeover thread or the peoples popular takeover thread the deal is toast and Paddy can forget the gold plated diamond encrusted white line marker.
  • The QIA link is spurious. They own Sainsbury's but have nothing to do with Sebastian Sainsbury. There may be a takeover, but there's no need to think there's a Middle Eastern sovereign fund involved.
  • Come on Chizz, live a little, jump on the takeover bandwagon and enjoy the ride.
  • I've just been down the Valley and can confirm the Twitter van is there as is the Google Maps van.
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I've just been down the Valley and can confirm the Twitter van is there as is the Google Maps van.

Hope that the club has secure wifi connections, otherwise Google will be saving their passwords and bank details!
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]I've just been down the Valley and can confirm the Twitter van is there as is the Google Maps van.

You over from Bermuda, then, Lookie?
  • I contacted a friend of mine who is a football journalist working for ESPN. I asked him if he knew Roan and wether he knew anything about the potential takeover talk. His reply was slightly disappointing though journalistically sound...

"Dan Roan is a BBC sports news type and he's pretty straight down the line. However, he was denying last week that Rooney was staying right up until he did, and though he was by no means alone in that, he was most insistent. Can't say I have heard about this deal, no."

So... there you go. Exciting stuff, eh?
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I contacted a friend of mine who is a football journalist working for ESPN. I asked him if he knew Roan and wether he knew anything about the potential takeover talk. His reply was slightly disappointing though journalistically sound...

"Dan Roan is a BBC sports news type and he's pretty straight down the line. However, he was denying last week that Rooney was staying right up until he did, and though he was by no means alone in that, he was most insistent. Can't say I have heard about this deal, no."

So... there you go. Exciting stuff, eh?

With november 5th just around the corner.........the fireworks are pissed on. ;0)
  • Sorry... you never know, Roan might have the inside track on this and ESPN might be out of the loop.
  • If Lookie is in the country, then I reckon there is something going on...maybe it's a Bermudan consortium?