Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Official Charlton Takeover Thread (For Johnny Come Latelys)

Comments

• The fun fare is back in town everyone!
  • [cite]Posted By: Crispy[/cite]Roan's a very good journalist and a very reliable source... Do I dare to get a little bit excited?!

I agree - he is actually pretty good - I shouln't have called him a hack ;)

the shame that my Arsenal friend had to fill me in on this, I thought if I could rely on one thing it was that Charlton Life would be the first with Charlton take over roumors !!
  • this time unlike before im actually excited
  • People with tea towels on their heads walking down Floyd Road!
  • edited October 2010
    I've heard something too - but it isn't about arabs this time. Of course, this 'source' also told me Carles Puyol was on the verge of signing for Man United about four years ago, so I'm not holding my breath...

On the other hand, the site has slowed to an absolute crawl - and the number of 'guests' has shot up - nosy journos peeking aroung perhaps?
  • BBC hacks are told not to throw up any old stuff on social networks linked to work
  • nicky weaver down there bad mouthing us to the potential owners i heard
  • aaaargh ... not again ... but this time ... it could be true??? .... happened too many times now to get excited ... but can't help it, here we go again
  • im pretty sure puyol turned down a united deal!
  • It's a ploy to get us apathetic supporters to the Valley on Saturday
  • Sponsored links:

• What say cafc twitter?
  • sorry aint buying this anymore was funny before but not now i am waiting until the signatures are on a piece of paper
  • My eyes are glued to the yellow bar on SSN in anticipation, saying though the breaking news I remember seeing on there was that Paul the Octupus had died!
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]nicky weaver down there bad mouthing us to the potential owners i heard
    haha! Wouldn't surprise me if the deal is no off, that no good fat northerner!
  • Aww NLA I am sure something is going on I've got the speedboat ready for the Thames mate!
  • yeah but me and the shieks are looking to buy aldershot now more potetiual with a better manager
  • [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]My eyes are glued to the yellow bar on SSN in anticipation, saying though the breaking news I remember seeing on there was that Paul the Octupus had died!
    We're League One - no chance it will appear on there.
  • The Emir of Qatar was in Britian to see the queen yesterday
    or was it to cover up that hes planning to buy Charlton
  • depends who is takeing us over.............could be paul mccartney
  • This is probable but they're busy blowing money on a mile tall building in Dubai gonna be the biggest in the world so the sheikhs will be skint!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]We're League One - no chance it will appear on there.

Yeah it will. Sky have to report the same stories for 24hrs so even a league one team getting taken over will be a "huge story" for them.
  • A grouop called Qatar Investment Authority are involved according to text message Ive just recieved.

http://www.qia.qa/QIA/
  • Qia?

The Shieks are back! Recession over!
  • its a load of ballox

evreyone go back to normal
  • If that website is anything to go by, looks like we'll just about have the money to keep the lights on at the valley past 7 o clock
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]its a load of ballox

Come on mate - you know you want to get excited!
  • What criteria does the QIA use when assessing potential investments?

The QIA does not publish its investment criteria but the criteria are based on the imperative of generating a strong financial return. The QIA takes a flexible approach, is a long-term investor, has a conservative approach to leverage, and can be considered a truly global investor. It uses sophisticated analytical tools and leverages its network of financial intermediaries to draw down extensive market research and data.
  • Where do the funds for QIA investments come from?

The funds come from the State of Qatar.

What is the relationship between the QIA and the Qatari government?

The QIA is a world class investment institution which adheres to the strictest commercial disciplines and which is owned by and invests on behalf of the State of Qatar.
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]its a load of ballox

Come on mate - you know you want to get excited!

i have turned into a right miserble bstd of late mate i could do with something to cheer me up but this aint going to happen we all know it
  • What are the odds if we do get new onwers that they will be as tight as that poultry crowd taking over Blackburn or like being QPR who must have the stingiest owner ever.