Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice - 2010

JTJT
edited September 2010 in Not Sports Related
Starts next week (Cheers WSS). BBC1 9pm.

Candidates revealed here Spoiler

Comments

• Next Wednesday I think, not tomorrow.
  • Personally speaking I think the format is getting a little tired, surprised that Sugar has agreed to another. I think he has got to like the media celebrity!

Why not change Sugar, for Branson or Green.
  • I know someone who was so lame they couldn't even get through the initial rounds of interviews

Maybe they should try again now they are older and more hirsute

: - )
  • Some of the lasses actually look quite nice. Couldn't see any Ruth Badger's in there although the blonde one with the quiff looks a bit of a munter.

The blokes are all bound to be intensely annoying

Most annoying of all though will be Nookie's aid, 'Nick' with his stupid pouting lips and opinions that nobody gives a f**k about.

Should be good!
  • I agree with Ken - like Big Brother, I think The Apprentice has had it's day... Will still probably watch it though (unlike Big Brother, which I never watched)!
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Starts next week (Cheers WSS). BBC1 9pm.

Candidates revealed hereSpoiler

Will watch, many thanks for bringing my attention to it.

Found Junior Apprentice even more entertaining than this though!
  • Stella English looks a right bitch, I've sent her a proposal in marriage already...
  • I can't believe one of the boys was actually christened "Raleigh"
  • Must be because of his chopper.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2010
    How did the seat belt guy get on? A really good product but how many times did he have to say "I'm more interested in practical help than the money?" It was obvious to anyone but the panel that what he needed was marketing input but they needed to get across their sound bite put-downs. Hate the show, came across this episode during channel hopping but couldn't stand their smug egos.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]How did the seat belt guy get on? A really good product but how many times did he have to say "I'm more interested in practical help than the money?" It was obvious to anyone but the panel that what he needed was marketing input but they needed to get across their sound biteput-downs. Hate the show, came across this episode during channel hopping but couldn't stand their smug egos.
    You might be mixing The Apprentice up with Dragons' Den
  • [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Personally speaking I think the format is getting a little tired, surprised that Sugar has agreed to another. I think he has got to like the media celebrity!

Why not change Sugar, for Branson or Green.
    I understand that Richard Branson was the original choice of the producers, but when he tested, he was abysmal in front of the cameras. For an entrepreneur who courts media attention, he really is dreadful on the telly.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]How did the seat belt guy get on? A really good product but how many times did he have to say "I'm more interested in practical help than the money?" It was obvious to anyone but the panel that what he needed was marketing input but they needed to get across their sound biteput-downs. Hate the show, came across this episode during channel hopping but couldn't stand their smug egos.
    You might be mixing The Apprentice up with Dragons' Den

Apologies, you're right.
  • [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]How did the seat belt guy get on? A really good product but how many times did he have to say "I'm more interested in practical help than the money?" It was obvious to anyone but the panel that what he needed was marketing input but they needed to get across their sound biteput-downs. Hate the show, came across this episode during channel hopping but couldn't stand their smug egos.
    He died :-( though not in a car accident. Saw a follow up where Doocan went round to his widow's house and was horrifically unctuous.
  • It looks like civil war will break out between the midlands and London?????

Between the girls you have

Leicester
    Birmingham x2
    Nottingham
    Warwickshire

And the other 3 girls from London!!
  • Agree with those saying this is getting tired. You know you're going to get a few characters who are only dreaming of getting some kind of a presenting gig on C5 and a group of egos who appear to lack in common sense what they make up for in gobbiness. There'll be one that's a bit of a barrowboy who will remind Al of himself, and so he'll put up with the fact that he's thick as mince for a few weeks - I think this will be Mr Baggs from the look of his photo. Then there'll be a cold bitchy woman and a whacky one who will cry a lot. Laura seems the hottest so I'd probably give her the gig on the grounds that selling rubbish electronics products can't be that hard. Otherwise he wouldn't pick from a group of people who will, at some point sell cheese at a loss. Or something.

I liked the sound of this plate faced fella
    Alex Epstein spent much of his childhood dreaming up new products and credits himself with originally conceiving the bendy-bus.
    I take this to mean that he fked a bus.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Agree with those saying this is getting tired.
    I'll watch it but I know what you mean. Clearly some go on just to be on TV. Remember the woman a few years ago, in the end quit or turned down the job as she didn't really want or need it.

How many really believe their quote (like on the link or during the intro). Last few years I've heard

"I'm probably the best sales person in Europe"

"I like making money more than sex"

And another along the lines of "I am arrogant"
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Personally speaking I think the format is getting a little tired, surprised that Sugar has agreed to another. I think he has got to like the media celebrity!

Why not change Sugar, for Branson or Green.[/quote]I understand that Richard Branson was the original choice of the producers, but when he tested, he was abysmal in front of the cameras. For an entrepreneur who courts media attention, he really is dreadful on the telly.

Have to agree Chizz Branson did have an aversion to tv at one stage.........Many moons agao I worked for him on his magazine Event...... mind you nowadays he seems to court publicity, someone once said 'he would perform if vigin opened a door'.

Sugar refers to bbc people as media type, but he has become less awkward with them over the series. The problem for the programme makers is that they have made the series around Sugar, trying to get him to let rip at the contestants, His 'I do not like bullshitters, smucks, and arselickers etc'....... Seems as thopugh you keep quite the first few episodes and then start taking responsability, or claiming to, even if you did not! Let's see if this series is different.
  • what with this, strictly come dancing and professional masterchef Lady Irving will be in TV Heaven.

Thing is Sugar is good TV and more importantly he offers the winner a job. unless green or branson are willing to do that it wouldn't work.
  • Sponsored links:

• cant help but think all the women need a good shag, all the blokes a good slap and theres not one ounce of common sense between them.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]cant help but think all the women need a good shag, all the blokes a good slap and theres not one ounce of common sense between them.

We would get on very well mate.
  • Melissa is Lol from this is england
  • This used to be a good programme but its undoubtably been done to death.
    Junior apprentice just killed it.
  • That dead eyed blonde girl in the Junior apprentice that spent all her time flatly explaining what art was convinced me that there was no god.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Personally speaking I think the format is getting a little tired, surprised that Sugar has agreed to another. I think he has got to like the media celebrity!

Why not change Sugar, for Branson or Green.[/quote]I understand that Richard Branson was the original choice of the producers, but when he tested, he was abysmal in front of the cameras. For an entrepreneur who courts media attention, he really is dreadful on the telly.

Well he gave me a job....... ( Branson) so he ain't too fussy Henry.......

I think you will find that Phillip Green £4,330million and ' Richard Branson' have a few more bob than Sugar...... Richard Branson is the 212th richest person in the world according to Forbes' 2009 (Updated 03.10.10) list of billionaires, with an estimated net worth of approximately £2.97 billion (US$4.0billion). with over 350 companies..... I am sure he can find a desk somewhere!......
  • Bump, on tonight BBC 1 at 9.

Series 6, Bangers
    1/12. Lord Sugar's new candidates are tasked with manufacturing and selling a range of sausages.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]cant help but think all the women need a good shag, all the blokes a good slap and theres not one ounce of common sense between them.

We would get on very well mate.

here here !
  • I like this programme.....and liked junior apprentice as well, but agree it needs freshening up.........how about an over 50's apprentice, it might work you........never know it could even be entertaining watching the 'blue rinse' and 'just for men' brigade having a 'pop' at each other!!!
  • I'd be up for riding around in a cab with some MILF...