Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice - 2010

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The Gordon Brown Jnr is my favourite, i smile everytime he opens his mouth.

lol...now thats who he reminds me of. I've been staring at the screen for the last 3 weeks scratching my head thinking he reminds me of someone but couldnt put my finger on it. Absolutely spot on AFKA.

I thought it was already let out the bag who has won it a few weeks back. Wont give no clues but thought it was pretty obvious already...

I'm pretty sure they haven't filmed the final yet, they always film up to the final 3 early on then film the rest later to avoid it getting out. Might be wrong though.
  • Options
    Filmed in the new year, moved because of the election, Tories wanted it moved because of Lord Sugar's links to labour.
  • Options
    anyone else think the Asian guy looks like the Dad out of The Kumars ?
  • Options
    JohnBoy if you think you know then feel free to whisper it too me, cheers
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The Gordon Brown Jnr is my favourite, i smile everytime he opens his mouth.

lol...now thats who he reminds me of. I've been staring at the screen for the last 3 weeks scratching my head thinking he reminds me of someone but couldnt put my finger on it. Absolutely spot on AFKA.

I thought it was already let out the bag who has won it a few weeks back. Wont give no clues but thought it was pretty obvious already...

I'm pretty sure they haven't filmed the final yet, they always film up to the final 3 early on then film the rest later to avoid it getting out. Might be wrong though.

Oh didnt know that. Interesting.
  • Options
    As Chris pointed out over the page selling a few showerheads to B&Q and baby grows to a baby grow retailer was hardly the toughest sell in the world was it? Although TBF, I might have selled out £100k just to keep in touch with the lovely Liz, I was suprised that they decided to spend quite so much as a result of a sales pitch by the biggest collection of losers seen outside of the Boleyn Ground.

Liz = worth this years licence fee alone (although clearly in terms of watching her demonstrate her excellent business skills of course....)
  • Options
    If you the watched the programme after on BBC2 last night, you saw what a wonderful makeover she achieved to avoid being recognised. As a salesman from way back I am appalled at the standard of presentation or pitching, and the non existing closing skills. More than ever now they are choosing candidates for their ability to contribute idiocy and chaos, rather than any positive attributes. Having said that we never miss it, what does that say about me ?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ED no spoilers please
  • Options
    Well that's that spoiled then!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that the final has been filmed, i seem to remember that they filmed this series last Autumn but due to the Election over the Spring they weren't allowed to show it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just saw Karen Brady and Nick from The Apprentice down at One New Change about 10mins ago. Looked like they were filming but I didnt see any candidates.
  • Options
    StubleyAddick, I know that that is what they say that they normally do but this series was filmed a year ago now, so what have the candidates been doing since then? I'm surprised they've managed to keep the results so secret.

Btw I also only just saw that the prize this year has changed from a job with Lord Sugar to him investing up to £250,000 into a new company of the winners choosing, which is split 50/50 between them.
  • Options
    Anyone see it last night?

Great comment from Alex that when people enter a shop, they always look to the right first. Really! What a tool.

Pavlova turned out to be a right nasty piece of work, lying cow.

And Nick's comment about the blonde bird standing in the shop window and waving-"This isn't Amsterdam"-quality.
  • Options
    Nick's facial expressions reached heights not seen for many a series last night!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited November 2010
    Glad she went. Sugar never likes a mouthy / arrogant type and he's got rid of the right people last couple of weeks.

Saneesh's eyes get bigger every week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]
    Pavlova turned out to be a right nasty piece of work, lying cow.

She looked suitably well-embarrassed on "you're fired" afterwards...

Why is it nearly always Karen Brady's team that loses?!!
  • Options
    Know spoilers are not allowed, but anyone who knows the winner- wouldn't mind a whisper.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite] Even if i didn't know Stella was in the final, i think you'd put her there quite comfortably.

i didnt know that. thanks!
  • Options
    Oh bloody hell. Now i look like the spoiler!

There was a post further up by smiffboy that has now been edited. Sorry i didn't see it had been.

Have to edit that quote now too
  • Options
    From retailshoppingsecrets.com

It is a proven fact that most people will always head to the right after first entering a store. This is known as the “invariant right.” It happens unconsciously simply because most people are right-handed. And this will always be the place smart retailers will have placed there best bargains to entice you to start to spend. It has been recommended that customers should head left when they enter the store so that they may see the more expensive items in the store first. This way the customer will be less likely to make any impulse buying decisions. (Once you first buy something chances are high that you will also buy something else. This is how retailers make money from people who enter a store with no primary buying purpose in mind.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked the comment about Manchester being 2 years behind London and how you still had to wear shoes in clubs! Any club with a dress code is not worth going to. FACT.

Usually when they ask if they can say something during his verdict he denies them the chance, I think he allowed her a chance to make his decision a lot easier.
  • Options
    Watched it on i-Player last night.

The Amsterdam thing was exactly what I thought as soon as she went in the window.

Right decision made, mouthy woman loses, and the other two were OK if not hugely impressive.

I'll be disappointed when the woman with the eyes eventually gets knocked out. They're massive.

The thing about looking to the right is true, but not in the way he said it. People don't turn 90 degrees to the right as soon as they walk in, but in a new room you usually glance from right to left. I don't know if this is still the case, but I know newspapers and magazines used to sell ads on right pages at a higher price than on left pages.

That Jamie clown is getting on my nerves now. So much hot air (although he was right about the shouting). But I've seen so much of him that I assume he'll last until near the end.

The editing on the show was strange. They made it look like the losing team were always busy and the winning team were getting desperate.
  • Options
    I liked seeing Liz's bra.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]I liked seeing Liz's bra.

Where's JT when we need him?
  • Options
    Liz is a fine lady in every respect.

Did anybody notice right at the start when they were showing clips of them all getting up in the morning after Sir Alan's call, one of the blokes, the chubbyish lad who was on the losing team, was in bed and it looked extremely like a 3-second clip of him pleasuring himself. Have a butcher's on BBC i-player, about 3:24 in I think - it's quite amusing!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]Liz is a fine lady in every respect.

Did anybody notice right at the start when they were showing clips of them all getting up in the morning after Sir Alan's call, one of the blokes, the chubbyish lad who was on the losing team, was in bed and it looked extremely like a 3-second clip of him pleasuring himself. Have a butcher's on BBC i-player, about 3:24 in I think - it's quite amusing!

I said the same. I don't know what else he could have been doing ?
  • Options
    Someone always pulls a stroke on that programme !
  • Options
    I think he must just have been scratching his leg or something... still, extremely bizarre of the BBC to choose to include that short, irrelevant clip which is of no consequence or significance to the overall episode when it clearly looks like that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]Liz is a fine lady in every respect.

They always have a few tossers on it.
  • Options
    Liz, is quality, I think they have been scrambling through their archives looking for more 'Liz in underwear' clips since the programme started. Well they would have if they had been reading this thread. Spot on with the Maneesh eyes, they looked like they were going to explode when she was upset.