Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice - 2010

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was great TV. Dan the pantomime villain got his marching orders. Think the girls are going to be much stronger than the guys. The two girls from the City who did the math and worked out the cost price of the sausages they were making was too high are very sharp - both work in the city. I want the fit one to win.
  • Options
    Although I said I thought the format was tired, I laughed out loud during last night's episode. They've got some right characters this year.
  • Options
    I only just realised half way through it was on, glad that bloke went he was a bit of a twat to say the least

[cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]cant help but think all the women need a good shag, all the blokes a good slap and theres not one ounce of common sense between them.

We would get on very well mate.

and here

here here !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]I thought it was great TV. Dan the pantomime villain got his marching orders. Think the girls are going to be much stronger than the guys. The two girls from the City who did the math and worked out the cost price of the sausages they were making was too high are very sharp - both work in the city. I want the fit one to win.

I loved that "very sharp" comment by Nick - basically they know how to use a calculator. Hardly rocket science.

That chap with the aggressive sales pitch who wouldn't shut up (can't remember his name) had a couple of brilliant quotes

"I'm passionate, I'm a grafter but I'm not a cliche". No, you're a bellend.

"You counted me out, now you can count me back in!" when he got back to the house.

Cringe-worthy and comical at the same time. I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    was he the guy who said he hadn't even packed his case yet ?

Lord Sugar said he has his card marked but don't be surprised if he survives at least a few more weeks as it makes for more entertaining tv.

Can't see a bloke winning it this year though, all complete bellends really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]was he the guy who said he hadn't even packed his case yet ?

Lord Sugar said he has his card marked but don't be surprised if he survives at least a few more weeks as it makes for more entertaining tv.

Can't see a bloke winning it this year though, all complete bellends really.

Yes, that's the one.

The chap who looked like Tim Howard, Jamie, who told him to calm his sales pitch down, didn't seem like too much of a douche.

Agree that he'll no doubt last a few weeks though, like that girl a couple of series ago who couldn't keep her mouth shut at the outset.

As you can see I'm terrible with names.
  • Options
    All the birds bar 3 would get it.

Especially Liza...and Laura....and that Sandeesh looked a bit of alright too.

Stella is a Thamesmead girl.

The blokes are comedy gold. What a bunch of whelks. & that trappy lesbian looking blonde girl, she'll get a slap soon.
  • Options
    I think Jamie is going to win it. Seemed likeable and was prepared to tell that other idiot that he was offending customers.
  • Options
    mk9pb4.gif
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I think Jamie is going to win it. Seemed likeable and was prepared to tell that other idiot that he was offending customers.

yeah now you've said that I remember he was the only half sensible bloke
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The bloke who got fired reminded me of Rock Spectacle, same twitches and mannerisms.

Sorry Ian.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    THAT'S SHAMEFUL! SHAMEFUL. Raleigh will be the first person to burst into tears, I reckon. No wonder he's not got a job.

Excellent first episode to be fair. Always cracks me up how you can give 16 business geniuses some free resources (like transport, pitches etc) and they manage to make a fraction of the "profit" than would have generated if they'd all gone and cleaned bogs at minimum wage. Never dents their belief in their own spectacular ability.

Particularly enjoyed the fact that one of them has UNEMPLOYED HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS as his job title. I'd have thought that is just plain unemployed. His most recent role was frying sausages so on that logic he should have it changed to UNEMPLOYED HEAD OF CRAP SAUSAGE FRYING
  • Options
    I think the alarm bells should've started ringing for the lads when the task was to sell food and one of them said "These are going to taste rancid".
  • Options
    LOL Mort, spot on.

I just see this programme as a showcase for bellends & bellendesses.

It is TV gold though, as you get to watch all but one of some of the most loathsome, self obsessed people in the country (who are, incidentally, all convinced they are omnipotent, godlike geniuses) all get the tin-tack because they are basically rubbish!
  • Options
    Stuart's quotes to customers/potential customers :-

"If you have any problems feel free to keep them to yourself"

"What a banker"

"Any other language you understand? "

Great programme.
  • Options
    IT'S SHAMEFUL !
  • Options
    Loved it last night, some good characters I think.

Stuart made me laugh, especially when he said "and how many did you sell Dan?" as he sipped his water- very smooth and sarcastic. The Dr was also good with his "money" comment and calling Dan a knob- think that was only shown on You're Fired.

As for the girls, couple of lookers. The blonde one with the short hair reminds me of the blonde one from Junior Apprentice, very irritating.
  • Options
    Let me put that into the calculator, still zero. Quality, he is my fave, the brand is the man.
  • Options
    i think they have stopped looking for decent candidates and now accept anyone who gives good telly. All the men are total clowns and that blonde girl does my head in.
  • Options
    Hmmmm and your powers of observance, being that this has been happening for a lot of years now, in fact probably since it started, before we twigged, means your total observance score comes to a total of...... tap tap tap, ZERO

But still good tv though. I have always felt that most with a bit of commercial nous were moved on as it would be a bit boring if the programme was just those who had a masters in a relevant subject. Most of the people who appear on this are just there for their tv potential.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like your statement the programme is wind up tv. Makes you go red and start screaming. It's a lot of fun if you don't take it seriously. I'm looking forward to next week.
  • Options
    Same here johnny, sorry was not a dig at you, just paraphrasing the brand.
  • Options
    Ricky Gervais got it sooo right.

The geezers are just 8 David Brents. Except Brent was likeable, funny and the biggest knob end you could ever wish to come across all at the same time.

These blokes are hateful, spineless, gormless, twats with no chins.

Great TV.

The birds are all about getting their voice heard (like real life).

Apollo v Synergy should be replaced with All Need a Good Poling (ANGP) v Complete & Utter Nauseating Tossers (CUN*S)
  • Options
    That bloke at the end that was promising 10x profit or his money back. What a twat!

Don't think Sugar was impressed with that at all.
  • Options
    So Liz Locke describes herself as an "investment banker from Birmingham". Sounded a trifle odd and the journal Financial News now reports: "According to the Financial Services Authority register, Locke worked at UBS for five months between 2007 and 2008 and then at Tilney Investment Management, now Deutsche Bank Private Wealth Management, for three months last year. UBS declined to comment. Deutsche declined to comment.
    Locke likens herself to a Lamborghini – “fast, exciting, stylish and successful”. "

As for Chris Bates, another self-styled investment banker, "during a nine-month stint at JP Morgan, he carried out regulatory checks on the bank’s clients, according to sources familiar with the situation.....The 23-year-old from Surrey describes himself as “exceptional for his age group” and is passionate about rugby, Gordon Ramsay and money-making. Intelligence, he says, is his biggest strength.....: “I’m a gifted all-round individual at the end of the day. Somebody who’s exceptional for their age group."

PR firm Taylor Herring has confirmed that neither Chris Bates nor Liz Locke is an investment banker - both simply worked at investment banks."

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    This show and Dragon's Den came from an initiative a few years ago to improve the positive coverage of wealth-creating activities. It was felt by BBC Governers that coverage of business on TV concentrated on bad practice and duplicity (all this before the banking crash, remember) and that this wasn't a fair reflection of the role of business in society. The Apprentice was modified from a US show that had started the year before.

The Apprentice is a good show though is now all about the casting. I wish it could come with some available resources via the website on lessons that anyone starting out should follow. What did the sausage thing show - you have to know and control your costs, make an honest estimation of income, aim your product to the market, have a Plan B etc etc. That's all in there somewhere but gets a bit hidden when you're laughing at some unemployed phone shop idiots with too much testosterone.

And the programme is more scripted than it lets on. It's no coincidence that one group go upmarket and one go downmarket and conveniently have relevant pitches sorted out. Just remember that the boardroom is a TV set and you'll be ok.
  • Options
    Seems that we won't be seeing anymore of Raleigh who, apparently, bows out of the compeition before the 2nd task to go to the side of his brother (Capt Ed Addington) at Selly Oak Hospital after he's badly wounded in Afghanistan.
    Raleigh didn't return to the prog and now works for the charity Tickets For Troops.
    Good on him.
  • Options
    No spoilers please guys !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]No spoilers please guys !

Just checking AFKA, was that directed at me? If so, many apologies though the story was in the Telegraph this morning.
  • Options
    Funny one that Peanuts, I saw her name come up with Investment Banker, Birmingham and I thought, odd place to do a bit of investment banking.

Don't think the thing about Raileigh chopper is much of a spoiler, I read it in the Scotsman this morning - funny they only realeased it today since it all happened a while back. Guess it's just drumming up publicity.