Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice - 2010

Comments

• Options
    £1.82 for a roll. !!

Where do they find these people.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Karren Brady looks very ropey these days!

Dear dear Karen - quite a lot of cellulite on those thighs

she'd still get it though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Karren Brady looks very ropey these days!

Dear dear Karen - quite a lot of cellulite on those thighs
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]£1.82 for a roll. !!

And wasn't that after they spent 15 minutes trying to work out the prices?
  • Options
    Thought matey was unlucky to go last night. He at least had the nous to turn down orders that they couldn't fill, but maybe didn't make enough of that when defending himself. I'd have said something along the lines of saying, "if I'd left it to her we'd have been several thousand units short, and I was concerned how that would reflect on you..."

1.82 for a bun having spent 15 minutes tapping a calculator deserved the tin tack, winning team or not...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Karren Brady looks like a man! Used to be fairly glamourous but now minging
    When I think about poor Pesch, I want to cry. He's kept himself in good nick, but he's only little. I don't know how he'd defend himself when that fat faced tax dodger looms at him. She's a horrible puce colour. Sickening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]£1.82 for a roll. !!

that brought a genuine LOL from me. I said to my wife "What the f*&$ is this all about - how can anyone in their right mind have come up with that"

Absolutely painful viewing
  • Options
    Always painful to watch. £1.82 - the look on the buyers faces.

I was hoping blondie was going. It's amazing how much it's edited, some weeks you hardly even see a couple of them.
  • Options
    The apprentice appears to be going down the road or pretty much every reality tv show out there. Initially they get a smetting if loopers with some sensible people. Then as time goes on the looper count increases as the quest to increase the entertainment factor goes on. The producers need to have heroes and villains in these programmes as much as any drama does. Eventually those who are genuinely talented become drowned out by those who talk a good game and maker for good TV. I see this as an inevitable part of the reality tv lifecycle. It happened to big brother, it is happening to come dine with me and the apprentice is no different. This series seems to be inhabited by shouty people that will get on one anothers nerves. Makes for fun TV but is probably not that great as an interview process - That said I daresay Sugar's fee for the show is far higher than the salary the winner gets so he really cannot lose.

Once these shows reach idiot saturation point they will probably have 2 or 3 more series in them before the public lose interest.
  • Options
    One of the best/worst quotes on a CV last night, "I'll propel Lord Sugar to world domination"

Last year we had "when I wake up in the morning I can taste success in my spit"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]One of the best/worst quotes on a CV last night, "I'll propel Lord Sugar to world domination"
    That sounds like a plot from some kind of supervillain movie where a lumpy grumpy barrowboy gets bitten by a radioactive pimp and goes on the rampage trying to take over the planet by selling everyone shatty emailer phones with the help of a dippy assistant with a megaphone making her own contribution to the fendish plan by shouting "buy giant big emailer phones"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]The apprentice appears to be going down the road or pretty much every reality tv show out there. Initially they get a smetting if loopers with some sensible people. Then as time goes on the looper count increases as the quest to increase the entertainment factor goes on. The producers need to have heroes and villains in these programmes as much as any drama does. Eventually those who are genuinely talented become drowned out by those who talk a good game and maker for good TV. I see this as an inevitable part of the reality tv lifecycle. It happened to big brother, it is happening to come dine with me and the apprentice is no different. This series seems to be inhabited by shouty people that will get on one anothers nerves. Makes for fun TV but is probably not that great as an interview process - That said I daresay Sugar's fee for the show is far higher than the salary the winner gets so he really cannot lose.

Once these shows reach idiot saturation point they will probably have 2 or 3 more series in them before the public lose interest.

All true, although I don't think there ever has been a point where they've cared whether its a good interview process or not.

I think they do sprinkle a few people of genuine talent into it however, and they do tend to rise to the top by the end. I thought the final two in each of the last apprentice and junior apprentice finals produced some really good stuff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm warming to Paloma.

Agreed, she is professional and knows what she is doing.
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]One of the best/worst quotes on a CV last night, "I'll propel Lord Sugar to world domination"

Sounds like something a child would say, highly embarrasing.
  • Options
    Not that professional to be 'Guranteeing' orders that you're not sure you can fulfil and then saying 'I'm going to gamble that we can take this order and fulfill it' when she knew there was no way they'd be able to. The PM had to go beacuse the whole operation was an organisational disaster but she was lucky to stay because she was doing her best to back them into a corner. I'd have sacked both of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm warming to Paloma.
    She was desperately trying to take some kind of a mega-order on top of another unrealistically large order that she'd already agreed to (the team managed to fulfil less than 2% of it). I think matey missed a trick in not drawing attention to the fact that, regardless of orders she was making ridiculous commitments and acting like a loose cannon. Also came over as very snipey and lied about something she'd just said on camera, which is pretty dumb. I'm not convinced her brain is up to scratch, if the PM had taken the order, I think she'd have gone for it. I would though.
  • Options
    I just cant get by how clueless they were.Send a mob handed sales team and only leave a few to do the real work.The first thing they needed was a nursery school teacher to sort them out and then try to do some business.
    The Aussie bird: they go on about whinging pommes,struth we could learn from the sheila.I would though.
  • Options
    Saw this lot for the first time last night. The usual selection of complete fantasists, plums and ego maniacs. Loved it and several belly laughs along the way "there was a little bloke in German who had a bit of a problem with that..."
  • Options
    Are we allowed to talk about last night's episode yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]..."

Yes. The best pitcher in that show had water in it and was on the board room table!

I made that up myself.
  • Options
    They are all pretty clueless. From what i can make out, one team sold a load of shower heads to B&Q and another sold some baby grows to Kiddicare. Now surely that doesn't a lot of expert selling?!

Highlight of the show for me was seeing Liz in a bikini at the health spa!
  • Options
    that blonde bint had to go. If she is a salesperson then I'm a monkey's uncle. And she should be unemployed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

I'll second that, bloody hell!
  • Options
    'thanks for the feedback'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]that blonde bint had to go. If she is a salesperson then I'm a monkey's uncle. And she should be unemployed.
    I'm sure she will "appreciate your feedback".

"Karmically they will be retributed, the universe speaks louder than I do"
  • Options
    Don't forget that these are some of the best young business minds in the country. Jesus, no wonder we're all doomed.

Loved the birds all arguing outside the shop.

And the dope bloke who was brought back into the boardroom-"I will use your resources Sir Alan/Lord Sugar and make you billions blah blah blah". Yeah, course you will.
  • Options
    What a doughnut. I don't think I've ever seen anyone as deluded. An almost perfect mix of staggering stupidity and huge over-confidence (which makes her the perfect Apprentice character). Did she really think she could convince Debenhams to open up a gardens and plumbling section? One of the oddest things about her was the funny words she was making up. WTF is proffesionality? And what does she mean by retributed? Business speak is bad enough, without it being blabbered meaninglessly.
  • Options
    The battle of Old Compton Street. Hewer's face was superb
  • Options
    brilliantly edited, this show just gets better and better. Loved her sulking at the end, brilliant. Its a game show love.

The Gordon Brown Jnr is my favourite, i smile everytime he opens his mouth.

All the other series have had a similar mix of characters in the early stages, but by the end a couple of strong, decent and employable characters emerged.

Not sure that's going to happen in this series.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

I'll second that, bloody hell!

Thirded, it was worth them winning just for that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]The Gordon Brown Jnr is my favourite, i smile everytime he opens his mouth.

lol...now thats who he reminds me of. I've been staring at the screen for the last 3 weeks scratching my head thinking he reminds me of someone but couldnt put my finger on it. Absolutely spot on AFKA.

I thought it was already let out the bag who has won it a few weeks back. Wont give no clues but thought it was pretty obvious already...
  • Options
    he has never gonna win it written all over him..