Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice - 2010

Comments

• Options
    Take the exclusive from Boots you spanner! To be honest, I thought the women were the strongest bunch - but looks like they spend all their time fighting each other!

PM should have gone - the winning deal she let slip through her grasp. Daft business sense.

However - Karen Brady says that 75% of her top executives are women - a reason for a sexual discrimination case right there waiting to happen ..........
  • Options
    Was really hard viewing last night. 2 awful products. The book one was just laughable, you would have to lie down with your head at constant angle.
  • Options
    I thought he should have sacked the PM and given the quiet girl the chance to run a project the following week, I think the way she got taken in to the boardroom after the pm changed her choice after getting shouted at, then didn't defend herself gave Lord sugar the impression that she wasn't worth wasting any more time on.

I think someone should look in to Brady's claim.
  • Options
    The PM really should have gone - can't believe she got away with it. Karen Brady is useless - didn't seem to have any opinion on what went right or mainly wrong among the girls' group. Just gave them a sanctimonious dressing down for their behaviour in the boardroom (which they undoubtedly deserved...)
  • Options
    The PM and Joanna both should've gone. It says it all when someone is accused of being "aggressive" that they immediately shout back "I'm not being aggressive".
  • Options
    The PM was piss jelly though just sitting there looking tearful and making one catastrophic decision, having proudly boasted that she could manage in any situation on her CV. At least the mouthy one had put herself forward, which is a smart move in the early stages. Sir - sorry Lord - is a barrowboy and there's nothing he likes doing better than firing a quiet shirker in the early stages (it also encourages the rest of them to act like flamboyant pricks, which is "good" telly). Think he would have probably binned both of them if the young lad hadn't left this week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]The PM was piss jelly though just sitting there looking tearful and making one catastrophic decision, having proudly boasted that she could manage in any situation on her CV. At least the mouthy one had put herself forward, which is a smart move in the early stages. Sir - sorry Lord - is a barrowboy and there's nothing he likes doing better than firing a quiet shirker in the early stages (it also encourages the rest of them to act like flamboyant pricks, which is "good" telly). Think he would have probably binned both of them if the young lad hadn't left this week.

The PM certainly didn't cover herself in glory, but at times the team were just unmanageable. Maybe the dictator from last week would've been better suited to organise them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]The PM and Joanna both should've gone. It says it all when someone is accused of being "aggressive" that they immediately shout back "I'm not being aggressive".

Disagree about Joanna, just because she's loud doesn't mean she should be fired. Although the product wasn't great, without her idea they'd have had nothing. And they'd have won the task if the wet lettuce of a PM wasn't such a moron and decided to blow out Boots. What an idiot.

Was impressed with the girl that moved over to the blokes side and managed them well.

Oh, and Liz is absolutely stunning.
  • Options
    I think the PM was toast before the shouting, Sugar then realised how hard it was to manage.

"Take one for the team" Was quote of the episode!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]The PM and Joanna both should've gone. It says it all when someone is accused of being "aggressive" that they immediately shout back "I'm not being aggressive".

Disagree about Joanna, just because she's loud doesn't mean she should be fired. Although the product wasn't great, without her idea they'd have had nothing. And they'd have won the task if the wet lettuce of a PM wasn't such a moron and decided to blow out Boots. What an idiot.

She wasn't just loud, she was aggressive, selfish, insensitive, and didn't listen. Obviously they had to take her dump idea in the end, but maybe if she'd been a bit more considerate and tried to help brainstorming on some of the other ideas (like Joy suggested) rather than concentrating on belittling people and taking credit for a shocking product, they would've all got on a bit better.

However, she does make the show a bit more interesting than Joy would.

At times, I find the whole thing almost unbearably cringe-worthy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Despite all the idiocy from the candidates you have to wonder about the buyers from Boots who were (presumably) about to offer some decent volumes in order to secure an exclusive deal for a bunch of plastic pipes that you rest a book on at the beach. I'd suggest that they clear out a couple of them too.
  • Options
    It was a clusterfuck of an episode.

I thought the PM should've gone. Not only did she destroy the deal (agree with you, Morts), but she changed her mind about who to bring back into the boardroom. For all the problems with the mouthy one, didn't she manage the team effectively last week?

I notice Mr Money Back Guarantee stayed quiet this week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Was really hard viewing last night. 2 awful products. The book one was just laughable, you would have to lie down with your head at constant angle.

ignored the point too about how would you turn the pages ? It was inside a plastic holder meaning you would have to take it out every time you needed to turn a page. Boots may have been interested but I bet they would have practically gone back to the drawing board with the design. In fact the only plus point was it's name !!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The wind would have knocked that thing down within seconds, I thought it was shocking.
  • Options
    Mr Money Back was edited for sure to appear quiet - in fact, he actually said nothing all episode!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Mr Money Back was edited for sure to appear quiet - in fact, he actually said nothing all episode!

He looked awkward too in the background all the time.
  • Options
    Pleased the PM stayed, was a good topic of debate last night as to who is the next fittest after Liz? I went with Laura the PM.

Disappointed Stuart was so quiet, but Dr Shibby was quality with the big hand idea.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]And they'd have won the task if the wet lettuce of a PM wasn't such a moron and decided to blow out Boots. What an idiot.

There was the issue of exclusivity in one of the earlier series, the contestants took it and SurAlan (as he was then). Nick and Margaret tore them to pieces for it. I imagine that would have been playing on her mind, you've gotta be pretty silly to go on a show like this without watching earlier episodes

Saying that, considering how bad the other pitches had gone, and the relevant size of Boots, they should have taken it. But, in the heat of the moment, I can understand why she followed the instinct of no exclusivity.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]And they'd have won the task if the wet lettuce of a PM wasn't such a moron and decided to blow out Boots. What an idiot.

Saying that, considering how bad the other pitches had gone, and the relevant size of Boots, they should have taken it. But, in the heat of the moment, I can understand why she followed the instinct of no exclusivity.

The thing is, she declined the offer as though she was going to discuss it in fuller detail with Boots later, seemingly forgetting that it was a 5 minute pitch and that was their only chance to talk to them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]

There was the issue of exclusivity in one of the earlier series, the contestants took it and SurAlan (as he was then). Nick and Margaret tore them to pieces for it. I imagine that would have been playing on her mind, you've gotta be pretty silly to go on a show like this without watching earlier episodes

Different situations. I think last season it was an existing product and so signing an exclusive deal would have lead to a loss of business, whereas this was a piece of shit and they should have bit Boots' hand off for a deal, especially as they ended up not selling a single product. As mentioned on the show it would have been in Boots' best interest to help to improve the product.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd like to take that shitty book thing onto Dragons Den and watch Theo pull it apart literally while Doocan threw the bits at me and called me a RRRRRudiculous ijut. I'd not give a shit though. It's the apprentice bints idea not mine, I'd just be the front man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite] So Liz Locke describes herself as an "investment banker from Birmingham". Sounded a trifle odd and the journal Financial News now reports: "According to the Financial Services Authority register, Locke worked at UBS for five months between 2007 and 2008 and then at Tilney Investment Management, now Deutsche Bank Private Wealth Management, for three months last year. UBS declined to comment. Deutsche declined to comment. .
    I had an "investment bank" featuring Liz
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]So Liz Locke describes herself as an "investment banker from Birmingham". Sounded a trifle odd and the journal Financial News now reports: "According to the Financial Services Authority register, Locke worked at UBS for five months between 2007 and 2008 and then at Tilney Investment Management, now Deutsche Bank Private Wealth Management, for three months last year. UBS declined to comment. Deutsche declined to comment. .[/quote]
    I had an "investment bank" featuring Liz[/quote]Brilliant!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Different situations. I think last season it was an existing product and so signing an exclusive deal would have lead to a loss of business, whereas this was a piece of shit and they should have bit Boots' hand off for a deal, especially as they ended up not selling a single product. As mentioned on the show it would have been in Boots' best interest to help to improve the product.

If Boots had placed an order, would this product actually get manufactured and go on sale in their stores ? Or are the orders that are said to be “placed” the orders a retailer would place if this was real and not a TV show ? For instance, one of the people the boys pitched to placed an order for 100 of the towel things, are they actually going to go on sale in their shop now ?

Oh and the PM for the girls team is stunning. A complete moron, but stunning.
  • Options
    Karen Brady would get it. Also that girls team was an absolute joke.
  • Options
    Karren Brady looks very ropey these days!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Karren Brady looks very ropey these days!

Dear dear Karen - quite a lot of cellulite on those thighs
  • Options
    I'm warming to Paloma.
  • Options
    Karren Brady looks like a man! Used to be fairly glamourous but now minging

Right person sacked last night - far too woolly and no signs of having the nous required.

James is still my favourite - seems likeable enough and just gets on with whatever tasks he gets. Soon find out if he can lead though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Different situations. I think last season it was an existing product and so signing an exclusive deal would have lead to a loss of business, whereas this was a piece of shit and they should have bit Boots' hand off for a deal, especially as they ended up not selling a single product. As mentioned on the show it would have been in Boots' best interest to help to improve the product.

If Boots had placed an order, would this product actually get manufactured and go on sale in their stores ? Or are the orders that are said to be “placed” the orders a retailer would place if this was real and not a TV show ? For instance, one of the people the boys pitched to placed an order for 100 of the towel things, are they actually going to go on sale in their shop now ?

Oh and the PM for the girls team is stunning. A complete moron, but stunning.
    I wondered that as well, I assume that they would actually take on the order, perhaps I'm being naive?