Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Apprentice - 2010

Comments

• This series has got Liz written through it like a stick of rock, pretty much the only one with any idea (but I'd forgive her if she didn't anyway).

Stuart is the sort of bloke who's hilarious to see in action but you wouldn't trust him to do the weeks shopping let alone a serious deal. I'm really not sure if he's for real and genuinely thinks he's the dogs danglies, is putting it on for the show or is just mentally ill basically and we should be more sympathetic.
  • Is holly-wood also a furniture place?
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Is holly-wood also a furniture place?

Xmas furniture?
  • Brentwood is, of course, where David Brent does his furniture shopping.
  • Just watched it now. Mr Money Back Guarantee is annoying, but at least you know that everyone else thinks the same thing of you. Next time his team loses, he'll be gone imo.

I wanted to strangle the Jamie clown on the losing team. I'm not sure I want to watch another hour-long advert from that mardy prat. The product was crap. Can't believe that they looked at the clips, thought the racing car was a good idea, and then filmed ski slopes. The car is such an obvious product. I warmed to the woman with the eyes. Disappointed but not surprised she was knocked out.

Has Karen Brady watched a winning team yet?
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Has Karen Brady watched a winning team yet?

Birmingham City beat Millwall in the play offs a few years ago.
  • Thanks Guinness. No wonder West Ham are bottom of the Prem.
  • Just watched it on iPlayer. Sandeesh was always a gonna as soon as her team lost, but I feel quite sorry for her - she came ascross a pretty decent sort in this episode. Had to go though, thanks to a couple of key bad judgement calls she managed to lose to easily the biggest shambles of pm that programme has seen, and their have been some stinkers in the past.

Baggs is comedy gold, but I'd probably have shuvved him in front of a speeding BMW if I'd been on that team.

Stella or Liz to win I think.
  • Liz is the one who ensured that they bought 25% more DVDs than the absolute maximum they were able to use. Absolute maximum = if they were filming all day from shop opening, they were only able to produce 88 DVDs.

Stella produced the faulty DVDs

I do agree though that they come across very well on the show. I really hope they're setting the Jamie bloke up for a fall like they did for the NZ/Ozzie girl. The guy with dark hair who was the tech guy on the losing team seems to sail along happily and quietly enough. Didn't get much stick for the stupid ad, and I don't think he's been taken back to the boardroom.

The highlight for me was when Mr Money Back Guarantee decided to set the hot girl up for the blame if they lost the task. She had the choice between being 100% to blame for not selling enough and being 100% to blame for chickening out of the job, and that was supposed to be a choice on her part. Then he congratulated himself on delegating.

I should learn their names
  • Stuart is comedy gold, read in the paper a few weeks back that he has all his money not from enterprise but from his very rich parents. This was in The Sun so could be crap but makes it even funnier when you hear him harp on about being a great businessman.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Liz is the one who ensured that they bought 25% more DVDs than the absolute maximum they were able to use. Absolute maximum = if they were filming all day from shop opening, they were only able to produce 88 DVDs.

Stella produced the faulty DVDs

You're right IA, but no-one makes no mistakes and they're certainly making a lot less than most. Jo is the other possible, but I fear her mouth may get away with her at somepoint and in previous series the mouthy one's don't usually win - although some have gone a long way and Jo has reined it in some what from the early episodes.

The Army guy does seem to be sneeking under the radar, but I think he's perhaps getting away with it because he works hard and keeps his head down - if his team loses he doesn't get brought into the boardroom and when he PMed his team kind of won by default. He may well last to near the end but I don't think he'll win.

I noticed that about Baggs - every decision he made he would follow with some comment like 'that's a great decision we've made' but when someone else made a decision it was very much their responsibility. I guess it's all part of the game, although I'll always have more respect for someone like Sandeesh who played with a straight bat. People like that rarely win though, sadly - I'm not sue the show is always a great advert for morals and scruples.
  • I'm aware of that. I guess the number of DVDs is exactly the type of mistake you don't expect a "meticulous" (Lord Sugar's words) person to make.

I've got to say I like Jo. She seems like she's got her head screwed on, down to earth and generally likeable, even when she's mouthing off. I'd be happy to see Jo, Stella and Liz as the final three.

I was a bit disheartened with this week's show. I know it's television rather than real-world business, but in the show they went to either Brands Hatch or Milton Keynes to film a scene, got a prime location in a massive shopping centre and managed to return a "profit" that was only slightly higher than if they just worked in one of the shops around them for the day.

Sometimes you get a feel for it being a bit like real business, but I didn't feel it this week
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Stuart is comedy gold, read in the paper a few weeks back that he has all his money not from enterprise but from his very rich parents. This was in The Sun so could be crap but makes it even funnier when you hear him harp on about being a great businessman.

This was always my suspicion. Also think he's a bit camp but doesn't yet realise it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    The Army guy does seem to be sneeking under the radar, but I think he's perhaps getting away with it because he works hard and keeps his head down - if his team loses he doesn't get brought into the boardroom and when he PMed his team kind of won by default.

Has Alan Sugar been reading this thread?

Thought Christopher was a bit unlucky last night, out for a duck. He could and probably should have stiffed Jamie, although it's nice to see that their not all backstabbing gits. Probably will be by the time the final 3 or 4 have been identified though.
  • You called it spot on, Exiled. That was the first surprise sacking of the show, I think. Very harsh, should've been between the other two. Maybe Sugar decided he was going to get opportunities in future with the other two and this was the best chance to get him out, weaken the teams (without the army bloke's graft), and show up the individual weaknesses of the others.

Enjoyed watching Jamie squirm especially after talking about his sparkle and how the PM should go when he had done better in his pitches than the other team did (even if you include the €5000 they 'lost' on Jamie's call to have a later meeting).

Can anyone see the winner being someone other than Stella, Liz or Joanna?

Again, has Karen seen a winning team yet?
  • Maybe drippy Chris, the habitual loser. He drones a bit, but he's sensible and can sell. Really though I think Liz vs Stella is the most realistic final.

Thought Sir's logic was a bit funny yesterday - you're likeable and hard working therefore I'm not convinced you're good at business
  • The problem for both Christopher and Jamie is that they are/were pretty rubbish at defending themselves. I thought they were to blame, but they clearly didn't want to stitch each other up and couldn't pin that much of the blame on Chris so ended up waffling along about not very much at all.

Jamie's "And, erm, the early word catches the bird without a doubt, erm bird, without a doubt" was classic.
  • That Laura seems to cruise along under the radar.

Her hissy fit in the car with Baggs the brand didn't go down well with me yet somehow she never gets too much of a grilling from anyone as far as I can see compared to most of the others.
  • Gotta feel sorry for Christopher, as sson as Jamie made the call about the meeting you just knew the other team were gonna get in there, He should of gone, He has been poor for the last few weeks and needs to get it right next week.

I am in love with Liz <3 Hope she wins.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]That Laura seems to cruise along under the radar.

Her hissy fit in the car with Baggs the brand didn't go down well with me yet somehow she never gets too much of a grilling from anyone as far as I can see compared to most of the others.
    I reckon she'll be out on her ear next time she's on a losing side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Meanwhile, it has also been revealed that Miss Locke is something of a WAG, as she is dating Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Wayne Henderson.

According to the Daily Star Sunday, Miss Locke has also been credited with helping the sportsman get back on his feet following an injury last year.

The Preston North End player is quoted as saying: 'My fiancée Elizabeth took some stick over the past 18 months. But she has stood by me all the way and it's people like that who get you through.
    Oh bother. Baggs isn't delighted by the news
    2e4z1y0.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]That Laura seems to cruise along under the radar.

I reckon she'll be out on her ear next time she's on a losing side.

It's not the frost time she's been a little bit stroppy either!

Tbh nobody is covering themselves in glory - all of them have faults so I guess it's a case of maybe getting lucky and not cocking up too much

I just pray that nob Baggs doesn't win - I'm pretty sure he's only in it to keep viewers entertained
  • Mortimerician was right, but a rough decision last night. On that particular task, it was Stella's fault. I didn't realise she was so unpopular in the house.

The boys should never have won the task. Yes, far better negotiators/storytellers, but they were missing 30% of the list.
  • No surprise Laura went, not because she did anything particularly wrong (aside from £200 for truffles) but she was the weakest girl out of the 4. Stella is sure to be in the final but not sure if she will win now, had a bad week and the loss casted doubts over her. Perhaps as was said- she is too corporate and serious.

The guys were hilarious, terrible lies and very lucky to win, in fact if they had got the wood table thing they would have probably lost as it may have cost more than the £50 fine for not finding it.

Next week looks brilliant, Stuart and Chris arguing over where to pitch and telling each other to f-off.
  • IAIA
    edited December 2010
    Good point. That wood table would've definitely cost them a fortune at such late notice. It could've been like the "gold dust" mistake the women made with the truffles.

Can't believe the guys managed to say they only had £23 for tartan and £50 for the Knowledge and them in suits.

I don't know if 'You're fired' mentioned it, but

Quote from this week: "Hello, is Marco Pierre White there?" Followed by a phone call to Gordon Ramsey.
  • At the end of the show I thought Liz was out of order throwing a strop.What the feck was stella supposed to do in boardroom, you cover your own back end of,Liz should get over it, I would expect her to do the same.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Good point. That wood table would've definitely cost them a fortune at such late notice. It could've been like the "gold dust" mistake the women made with the truffles.

Can't believe the guys managed to say they only had £23 for tartan and £50 for the Knowledge and them in suits.

I don't know if 'You're fired' mentioned it, but

Quote from this week: "Hello, is Marco Pierre White there?" Followed by a phone call to Gordon Ramsey.

I think the boys did deserve to win because the point of the task was to negotiate. They slaughtered the other team on price on almost every item.

Agree about Stella trying to speak to Ramsey and White, hilarious. I can't see her winning it now.
  • edited December 2010
    In next week's task, Chris calls the brand a fat twat. It looks to be a good one.
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Chris callers the brand a fat twat

Eh ?

Gutted Laura went. She was fit, but not the fittest, which means if I ever saw the apprentice girls on night out (no idea why this would happen) she would be the one I approached.

In summary - No chance with Liz, excellent chance with Laura.